Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Default Re: Pistons 2017 Off Season Moves

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    The Rockets have been busy today. People may think it's CP3 that's bringing them closer to a championship.... but wait there's more. This is the one that gets them over the top of Golden State!!
    http://www.nba.com/pistons/news/detr...ouston-rockets
    Gave him up for nothing. Makes sense. They only had a couple roster spots and need a 3rd PG and C. This clears one spot for them. I wonder if cash considerations means like $5. I would assume this helps the cap situation for Houston.
    Welllll Hilliard did more for us than Middleton did, and look at him go now!.. haha, but I am fairly sure Hilliard will make a fine D-League player.

In saying that, Houston lost a lot of depth in that trade, and Hilliard has potential to be a serviceable deep threat for a team who loves to jack up treys. Might find a nice little role at the end of their bench actually. He doesn't offer much else than the long ball and from all accounts a great guy around the Locker room

NBA lottery pick

From the sounds of it he doesn't have a guaranteed deal so the Rockets can waive him and save his contract against their cap space. The Rockets want to make another move....

NBA lottery pick

This is why I'm going to be calling for SVG to get fired pretty soon.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-pist...181227196.html

We just gave Langston Galloway 3 years 21 million. Sure he's a decent shooter and Detroit needs shooters. But we just paid all that money to a bench player and it could ruin our chances to keep KCP.

NBA lottery pick

I'm assuming they think Kennard is the eventual starter at that spot and they're letting KCP go.

Seems like interest for KCP has been lower than expected.

We really did get found out last year with our depth, especially at Guard.

I am really liking Jackson in our Summer League team, but he is a similar type of guard as Ish. Galloway provides deep shooting depth which is a nice contrast.

3 years 21 mill is really not all that bad/ 7 mill per year in this day and age is about what a rotational player will cost you.

I would rather spend 7 mill on a guy who can provide something in 10 - 15 minutes than pay 3 - 4 mill for a guy who doesn't belong in the NBA

NBA lottery pick

I'm not saying he got over paid. It is what the market pays for a player like that. I just don't think it was a smart move. There's teams that have a ton of cap space that are going to try to make a move on a guy like KCP and the Pistons will need to spend a lot to keep him.

NBA lottery pick

I think SVG has to find a way to get Ellenson some more minutes this season. He's been shooting the ball very well in summer league so far. It would make sense to move Leuer. Try to get a draft pick or something like that. I actually like what Leuer did for us last season. I just don't see any other way to free up minutes unless they trade Harris or Morris which I don't see them doing at this point. Harris was probably our best player last season. Which is pretty sad and part of the reason this team isn't that good. But with that I don't see them moving him just yet.

Yeah it's a tough call. Ellenson has looked like a man amongst boys at Summer League - the way he has been splashing in that turn around J after posting his man down. Looks smooth and confident!

Leur has one of the best contracts in the NBA and has 3 more years to run on it. I think we would be crazy to move him. I would love to see him play backup C more than PF.

I think potentially moving Harris or Morris would be a better option, as it would free up SF minutes for Stanley, and also PF minutes for Ellenson.

Dre 32 / Leur 12 / Boban 4
    Harris 30 / Ellenson 12 / Morris 6
    Morris 22 / Stanley 20 / KCP 6
    KCP 28 / Kennard 15 / Stanley 5
    Reggie 28 / Ish 12 / Galloway 8

NBA lottery pick

They're all on pretty good contracts, besides maybe Tobias.

NBA lottery pick

The Pistons are rated as one of the biggest losers of free agency so far.
    https://sports.yahoo.com/winners-los...120329444.html

That Galloway move will haunt us for a while.

NBA lottery pick

Looks like KCP won't be back. I haven't seen the exact details but we traded Marcus Morris for Avery Bradley. Not sure how this move makes sense for the Pistons since we get a slightly better defender and a worse scorer. Plus we will have to extend Bradley anyhow. The Celtics get their cap space but now have Morris, Crowder, Brown, Tatum, and Hayward at SF. Stupid move on both sides. I'm officially done with SVG. I'm going to start calling for his job. I've always liked his honesty with the media, but his vision (or really lack of one) for the direction of this team is horrible. Plus his inability to cultivate young talent is too frustrating. If you have a mediocre or bad team at least one thing that can keep you interested is young promising players. Ours go to the G league. I'm done. Fire Stan. Joe D was so much better as a GM. Chauncey is looking for a job. Bring in him as GM. Bring in a new head coach.

And for the edit.... I don't think KCP is a max guy. Max guys you typically build around. But with the way max contracts get thrown around he was bound to get one. We took a major step back for slightly more cap flexibility for FA's that won't come here unless they have no other option. SVG did this because KCP was one of the last ones on the roster that he didn't have a hand in.

NBA lottery pick

[QUOTE]The Detroit Pistons are renouncing the rights to restricted free-agent guard Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, turning him into the marketplace

If you think KCP is better on offense - perhaps you did not watch much of Avery this season... From the eye test, I would say that Bradley is a better shooter and ball handler. KCP has a lot of potential with his outside shot but never quite worked it out.

PPG
    Avery 16.3
    KCP 13.8

3pt %
    Avery .40%
    KCP .35%

Effective FG %
    Avery .533%
    KCP .481%

I love this trade - my worst fear is for us to do nothing. This a) shakes the makeup of our team up a little b) spreads the floor better + better guard defense c) will allow Stanley to have more minutes and develop, and also Tobias to play more SF with Ellenson now getting some minutes as a stretch 4.

All the best to Morris - he battled hard for us, hoping he succeeds wherever he goes.

NBA lottery pick

I don't think anybody out there thinks Bradley is a better offensive player. I've always thought his defense is slightly over rated too. If we're going with a youth movement to Stanley Johnson and Ellenson then we need to blow this thing up more.

He shoots 40% from three - that is elite,

KCP shoots 35% from three, that is below average.

I think he is better on both sides of the ball - you didn't see NBA players tweeting about KCP missing all NBA defense 1st team where as all the stars were tweeting how ridiculous it was that he didn't make it.

I think he is better on both sides of the ball...