Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: San Antonio Spurs: For Old Time Sake | 2k13 Association

I didn't mention the three-point shooting in the recap but that's ok.

Why isnt Splitter starting?That guy is going to demand a trade sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino
    diaw is actually rated higher. im still deciding who i like more and how i want to move the lineups around.

i do think despite his higher rating diaw is worse in the game.

just finished jazz game. was very boring to play. box score and recap coming shortly. this is the last game i'll do today. don't expect this many each day

POTG: Kawhi Leonard

Recap:
    The San Antonio Spurs extended their winning streak to three, concluding their first week of NBA action on a good note with a 79-72 win over the Utah Jazz.

The Spurs played their brand of basketball in the first quarter. They dictated the pace and flowed smoothly both offensively and defensively.

"We had cohesiveness out there. The ball was moving around well and as a team we were doing everything we have practiced." Tim Duncan said. He finished with a modest 9 points and 4 rebounds in just 18 minutes.

It was another good night for Kawhi Leonard, who put in 17 points going 6-8 from the field. Leonard is shooting 68% from the field after three games.

"Our ability to spread the floor as a team was shown tonight. Although we got a little too sloppy after the first quarter as we became too confident with our lead, we were able to hold on primarily due to good defense," Leonard spoke in the post-game press conference.

Defense definitely was the Spurs brightest spot, holding the Jazz to just 43% from the field.

The Spurs can look to improve their offensive execution as they prepare to face the Pacers on Monday. Turning the ball over 15 times is not something Gregg Popovich likes to see. Nor is 2-11 from three.

"I mean you have those nights where everything doesn't just go your way. We want to limit those nights as much as possible of course and we're lucky we were able to get the win with bad performance in those two categories. Our transition defense helped make our turnovers less negative than they could have been," said Popovich post-game.

San Antonio will enjoy a day off on Sunday before they face the Pacers on Monday, their third game in a row at home.
    Last edited by Maniak; 04-07-2013 at 12:24 AM.

Decided against showing each player of the week. I'll highlight it if a Spurs player wins it though.

Also I won't update team stats or standings after just this week.

Banned

Kawhi playing like Detleff Schrempf

Kawhi is quite the beast. I give him the second most minutes behind Tony Parker.

With these sliders it really opens up his ability to attack the basket efficiently, and he actually plays really well when I have the bench unit on plus him.

Adbloock<3

Cool shit man, you putting a lot of effort into this. Too bad association mode sucks.

Adbloock<3

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino
    Player roles is inactivated, so it doesn't matter.

Good High School Starter jcsrplumply's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LamarOdom
    Player roles is inactivated, so it doesn't matter.
    Does that thing work?

Quote Originally Posted by jcsrplumply
    Does that thing work?
    player roles is stupid and unrealistic, so it just makes everything harder.

Quote Originally Posted by LamarOdom
    Cool shit man, you putting a lot of effort into this. Too bad association mode sucks.
    thanks! and yeah, I hope 2k puts good work into it for 2k14 but after all these years I have my doubts it'll ever improve.

POTG: Tony Parker

Recap:
    Starting and ending strong helped the San Antonio Spurs defeat the Indiana Pacers 93-75 on Monday night.

The Spurs outscored the Pacers 59-37 in the first and fourth quarter combined.

Tim Duncan spoke on the game. "Coach [Gregg Popovich] stresses us to start the game out well, especially on our home court. We want to dictate what's going on and make the opposing team play our game of basketball. That worked tonight, and we finished strong as well." Duncan finished with 11 points and 5 rebounds in 17 minutes of play.

The Pacers did a very good job staying with the Spurs in the second and third quarters, but their inability to both stop the Spurs offense and execute their offense in the fourth quarter made it impossible for a comeback.

"Defensively we started to lose them for some stretches in the fourth, and you can't expect to win doing that. This is something we really need to correct in our play," Pacers head coach Frank Vogel said after the loss.

The Pacers were led on offense by Danny Granger, who had 17 points and 6 rebounds on 43% shooting from the field.

San Antonio struggled with turnovers once again, committing sixteen over the stretch of the game.

"We all made some mistakes with controlling the ball offensively and we know we can't get caught napping like this, especially against the [Los Angeles] Clippers," Tony Parker said. Parker was tied for the most turnovers on the team with 3 along with Gary Neal and Manu Ginobili. He finished with 20 points, 6 rebounds, and 6 assists.

The Spurs will face the Clippers on Wednesday in Los Angeles. Both teams are 4-0 on the season. L.A. has the largest point differential in the league, beating their opponents by an average of 18.8 points per game. Lob City would welcome 16 turnovers or more turnovers from the Spurs with open arms.

Banned

Kawhi Leonard is my early season MVP pick.