Page 9 of 73 FirstFirst ... 67891011121959 ... LastLast

Default Re: Grand Theft Auto V discussion

So it seems they've made the shooting system very similar to Max Payne's 3. Let's see how it works out in GTA V, but I must say I really like it in MP and it works very well.

If the combat is decent and fun for a change I'm on board fully with this.

The stuff I keep hearing about the story is bringing me down though. Rockstar these past years always seems to take on these super ambitious plots and themes that are simply way beyond their ability to actually pull off in a way that doesn't induce massive cringe.

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

There is too many changes that is making me super excited for this game to come out. Biggest of them all is the shooting mechanics. I hated GTA 4 (and previous installments) for their weak shooting/cover system. With a more refined story, Max Payne 3 could have been a top 3 game of All-Time to me mostly because of its shooting mechanics. Now if GTA will use a similar system, this game might elevate the standard by which all games are measured.

The only thing that scares me is having 3 protagonists. It just sounds like you might miss out key areas to the story. For example, when you're using Michael; you might miss out parts of the story from Franklin and Trevor's view point. I like to be in control of the story and would hate to miss key moments of the game because I'm playing with a different character at the moment. They haven't revealed enough details for me to conclude that this will indeed happen, but it would definitely ruin the game for me a lot if that was to happen.

Everything I wanted changed from GTA 4 has been changed, it really is incredible; it's like Rockstar entered my mind and fixed every thing about the game I didn't like from GTA 4. The scary part is GTA 4 is easily one of the ten greatest games ever created; GTA 5 might surpass Uncharted for best game ever created in my book.

September might seem far away but the Last of Us is coming out in June so that will definitely keep me occupied until September considering the game is supposed to be very long with alternative endings. It's also an exploration type of game and strategy is key, so I'll definitely be busy mastering it until September.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Here's some info on Special Edition content coming out. Two versions, going for 80 bucks and 150. 150 is a lot of money to me even for what looks like some pretty good content. I'm far more interested in content than booklets and posters and cases and whatever. My dumb ass will probably still buy the 150 version.

Participating retailers have started taking pre-orders for Grand Theft Auto V's Special and Collector's Edition, as well as offering a special bonus for anyone who pre-orders any version of the game.

Grand Theft Auto V Special Edition ($79.99)

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

[QUOTE=Thorpesaurous]Here's some info on Special Edition content coming out. Two versions, going for 80 bucks and 150. 150 is a lot of money to me even for what looks like some pretty good content. I'm far more interested in content than booklets and posters and cases and whatever. My dumb ass will probably still buy the 150 version.

Participating retailers have started taking pre-orders for Grand Theft Auto V's Special and Collector's Edition, as well as offering a special bonus for anyone who pre-orders any version of the game.

Grand Theft Auto V Special Edition ($79.99)

[QUOTE]

Love Live Life

I probably mainly play online on this. I didn't even finish the campaign on the last one or any of the older ones as a matter of fact. Online was good though just glitchy

I wouldn't pay $150 for any single video game. That's just insane.

I'll do it

Banned

Classic characters for online play sounds awesome. CJ and Tommy but it's fvcking €150

Anyway, I'm super hyped for this game. I'm trying to complete the Uncharted series before The Last of Us comes out, which will keep me occupied till the release of GTA V.

College superstar

Standard edition for me. I'm not interested in any of the extras especially for the huge increase in price.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/07/09...meplay-trailer

Holy shit! It looks amazing!

Basically every genre combined into one, looks like they have that tight Max Payne 3 shooting mechanics, Need for Speed racing, Red Dead Redemption hunting/nature/weather, Just Cause 2 levels of scale and detail and much more. Can't wait for September.

NBA Superstar

Here's the direct YouTube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-xHcvug3WI

Oh my ****ing goodness. Rockstar you can have the keys to my appartment.