Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011
    College superstar

Default Re: Myth: Derrick Rose is an elite POINT guard ( He is an undersized SG like Wade)

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    I remember when Nash had no little court vision and I think now he is among the best in the game. He went from a pretty steady seven a game to the 11 he has now. His development rate was much slower rate than Rose. Rose was not in a system where his passing game could flourish. Besides for the last three months of the year Derrick Rose was the premier point in the league - so be it not a pure point guard. At 21yo that is amazing.
    Nash went from having a jumpshooting PF who likes to put it on the floor in Dirk to a PF who likes to finish around the basket with a dunk. That right there can get you more APG.

I definately know Rose will average more APG but a minimum of 10 per game for a 3rd year PG is asking a lot. It is plausible though.

Default Re: Myth: Derrick Rose is an elite POINT guard ( He is an undersized SG like Wade)

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    I want your answer as to how, Boozer who gets assisted on 75% of his plays, Korver and Cj Watson doesn't give Rose at least 3(and probably more) assists a game. When before he worked with just Deng and okay-ish shooting Kirk.
    Because, I don't think it works like that.

I don't think for like Chris Paul gaining Ariza and Bellinelli

That he's gonna suddenly gonna go from 11 assist to 13 assist per game.

I just don't think your assist rise for every good player you obtain

There

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    Because, I don't think it works like that.

I don't think for like Chris Paul gaining Ariza and Bellinelli

That he's gonna suddenly gonna go from 11 assist to 13 assist per game.

I just don't think your assist rise for every good player you obtain
    So you think that basically his career is decided that he's a score first guard? Even though at EVERY other level he's been considered a pass first player. At Simeon every said he could be the next Kidd. And his numbers back it up. At Memphis Cal LITERALLY had to tell him to score. That's why they almost lost to Tulsa when they were still undefeated. It's why Kansas owned them in the championship games until the second half. When he took over, and then unfortunately couldn't close it.
    If you read his draft profile it says Kidd/Wade. Why in the hell is he all the sudden a score first guy? ESPN says so? ISH rumors say so? No one who watches the Bulls or watched at Memphis, or saw him play at Simeon, said he was score first. Most people say he's un-selfish to a fault.

That said I don't think your assists rate changes to whatever players you get, but to go from zero all stars to even having one is going to show he's pass first. It's shown at almost every other level of basketball he's played. (exception being FIBA) But come on no point guard with no all star talent looks like a pass first guy. I pointed it out before Cp3, D-will, Nash, all play with all stars. As does/did Kidd. You have to talent for your point guard to make you look better.

Learning to shoot layups

How about we'll see how he fares this year when he actually has someone to pass to for once.

So you think that basically his career is decided that he's a score first guard? Even though at EVERY other level he's been considered a pass first player. At Simeon every said he could be the next Kidd. And his numbers back it up. At Memphis Cal LITERALLY had to tell him to score. That's why they almost lost to Tulsa when they were still undefeated. It's why Kansas owned them in the championship games until the second half. When he took over, and then unfortunately couldn't close it.
    If you read his draft profile it says Kidd/Wade. Why in the hell is he all the sudden a score first guy? ESPN says so? ISH rumors say so? No one who watches the Bulls or watched at Memphis, or saw him play at Simeon, said he was score first. Most people say he's un-selfish to a fault.

That said I don't think your assists rate changes to whatever players you get, but to go from zero all stars to even having one is going to show he's pass first. It's shown at almost every other level of basketball he's played. (exception being FIBA) But come on no point guard with no all star talent looks like a pass first guy. I pointed it out before Cp3, D-will, Nash, all play with all stars. As does/did Kidd. You have to talent for your point guard to make you look better.
    Hence why I said he'll average 7-9 Apg

Hence why I said he'll average 7-9 Apg
    I know but do you think he's a score first pass first? Or he is that rare perfect blend.

I know but do you think he's a score first pass first? Or he is that rare perfect blend.
    I don't really know. All I know is he's a point guard who's really good at scoring and is a good passer.

I don't really know. All I know is he's a point guard who's really good at scoring and is a good passer.
    QFT!

Banned

Doesn't have any court vision. And is missing basic passing skills to be considered a point guard. He is consistently looking for his own shot. Poor man Dwyane WAde

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by B-Easy
    i agree that he lacks court vision a bit but he is a PG..just a scoring pg.
    he doesnt have to play like kidd to be a PG...theres plenty of scoring pgs
    Also his defense. He is just learning how to defend. 3 years and he guard a chair. Rose has too many flaws in his game to be considered elite.

top15 point guard.

Dunking on everybody in the park Tha Catalyst's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MayCeltics
    Also his defense. He is just learning how to defend. 3 years and he guard a chair. Rose has too many flaws in his game to be considered elite.

top15 point guard.
    Terrible trolling attempt. We will see who finishes higher in the MVP rankings and all-nba teams, rose or rondo.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MayCeltics

top15 point guard.
    Name 10 PGs better than him now. Trolling fail.

Mayceltics hated Rose and LeBron. I hope the Bulls and Heat beat his team in the playoffs.

I rule the local playground Semi's Avatar

Man don't act like you know everything about this guy after you confirmed you only watched him one game. Yeah, he doesn't have superior court-vision but that doesn't make him a shooting guard. You know what guys are playing the PG position in the NBA? This is clear trolling, or otherwise open a thread and describe why Derek Fisher is more of a shooting guard because he litterly can't make a great assist...I know you were talking about the premiere-pg's but it's the same with that, your a-typicles won't gonna cut it when we talk about complete basketball players.