Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Anyone else think the Cavs are overrated?

People seem to be under the impression that Lebron finally has this great supporting cast, WRONG!

Do people really think Jamison is a little worse than guys like Gasol/Amare? His impact on a game is not half of that

Theyve been needing monster games from Lebron all year to beat anyone from contenders to lottery teams.

A truly deep and stacked team doesnt go 1-6 w/o their best player.

And Jamison/Shaq is a bad frontcourt defensively. Mo/Parker is a bad backcourt defensively.

Theyre not getting past the Magic.

Default Re: Anyone else think the Cavs are overrated?

okay.

Local High School Star

Where LeBron goes, so do the Cavs. If James has an off night-they lose. Some "team".

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

haha had to post this pic. I love it.

I beg to disagree. Cavs are no longer a one man team. I expect the Cavs to beat the Magic in the playoffs because the Cavs have one of the deepest benches in the league.

Nope... but if they fail to get the title, all the things you mentioned will be brought up....

Quote Originally Posted by B-Easy
    People seem to be under the impression that Lebron finally has this great supporting cast, WRONG!

Do people really think Jamison is a little worse than guys like Gasol/Amare? His impact on a game is not half of that

Theyve been needing monster games from Lebron all year to beat anyone from contenders to lottery teams.

And Jamison/Shaq is a bad frontcourt defensively. Mo/Parker is a bad backcourt defensively.

Jamison scores and they are counting on team defense to handle his inability to play D well. I dunno... I still would start Hickson and bring Jamison off the bench. I dunno why they don't play him at SF sometimes.

I do think the Cavs are overrated, but they were underrated until awhile ago. You know how hype goes. People act like they are the greatest team ever... but really they ARE one of those most complete teams that I have ever seen. Sure, if LeBron has an off game they might be in trouble but Bron rarely has truly off games (because he can get to the rim and pass as well as shoot.) He might get injured, but that's unlikely, too.

Jamison has been impressive, as has Parker (maybe Parker moreso...) I really think they have the deepest rotation as well as big man rotation, and that's gonna go a long way. They can put a lineup on the floor to match up with anyone or exploit anyone.

Players that are capable of getting 20:

Shaq
    Mo
    Jamison

Players that impact the game beyond points:

Andy
    Z
    Delonte

X Factor players who aren't needed but usually show up and do something, thus making the Cavs even better:

Parker
    Moon
    Gibson (when he plays)
    Hickson (when he plays)
    Powe (is he even on the playoff roster? lol... ) <--- Edit: Guess not. Jawad... he's not really an impact player, though...

They are stacked. Not with all stars like the Lakers, but they are just deep. They are way deeper than Orlando, despite what someone might tell you, but yes... it all hinges on LeBron. I think you should trust him by now.

-Smak
    Last edited by ILLsmak; 04-20-2010 at 11:26 AM.

They are having trouble with the freaking Chicago Bulls. As a Celtics fan, the more I see of the Cavs, the less worried I am. But go ahead and keep assuming about who's gonna be in the ECF...

Local High School Star lukekarts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jasonresno
    Where LeBron goes, so do the Cavs. If James has an off night-they lose. Some "team".
    This is true.

If LeBron has a big night every night against the Magic, the Cavs will progress. If not, I think they will struggle. The Cavs got exposed as an average team when they rested LeBron.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    Jamison scores and they are counting on team defense to handle his inability to play D well. I dunno... I still would start Hickson and bring Jamison off the bench. I dunno why they don't play him at SF sometimes.

I do think the Cavs are overrated, but they were underrated until awhile ago. You know how hype goes. People act like they are the greatest team ever... but really they ARE one of those most complete teams that I have ever seen. Sure, if LeBron has an off game they might be in trouble but Bron rarely has truly off games (because he can get to the rim and pass as well as shoot.) He might get injured, but that's unlikely, too.

Jamison has been impressive, as has Parker (maybe Parker moreso...) I really think they have the deepest rotation as well as big man rotation, and that's gonna go a long way. They can put a lineup on the floor to match up with anyone or exploit anyone.

Players that are capable of getting 20:

Shaq
    Mo
    Jamison

Players that impact the game beyond points:

Andy
    Z
    Delonte

X Factor players who aren't needed but usually show up and do something, thus making the Cavs even better:

Parker
    Moon
    Gibson (when he plays)
    Hickson (when he plays)
    Powe (is he even on the playoff roster? lol... ) <--- Edit: Guess not. Jawad... he's not really an impact player, though...

They are stacked. Not with all stars like the Lakers, but they are just deep. They are way deeper than Orlando, despite what someone might tell you, but yes... it all hinges on LeBron. I think you should trust him by now.

-Smak

Cavs do play Jamison at SF. They did quite a bit during the season. They probably will sometime in the playoffs too.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    They are having trouble with the freaking Chicago Bulls. As a Celtics fan, the more I see of the Cavs, the less worried I am. But go ahead and keep assuming about who's gonna be in the ECF...
    ^ Are they really having trouble? How many minutes have they lead? Just saying... that series has seemed like a snoozer so far.

Even last game with Shaq and Jamison in foul trouble for a lot of it, they still coasted. Sure, you probably think because the score was close it was a battle, but I don't think it was. I didn't doubt that they'd win. The Bulls played very well, I think, but still lost. That's demoralizing.

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    Cavs do play Jamison at SF. They did quite a bit during the season. They probably will sometime in the playoffs too.
    I mean it should be their rotation... I really think they need to find a way to get JJ minutes. That's the only way I can think of. But it might push Moon out. Still, JJ is better than Moon. They are gonna need JJ against the bigger front courts...

But that's just how I feel.

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    ^ Are they really having trouble? How many minutes have they lead? Just saying... that series has seemed like a snoozer so far.

Even last game with Shaq and Jamison in foul trouble for a lot of it, they still coasted. Sure, you probably think because the score was close it was a battle, but I don't think it was. I didn't doubt that they'd win. The Bulls played very well, I think, but still lost. That's demoralizing.

-Smak
    Derrick Rose had a sub-par night, and so did Deng (but then again, he is sub-par, so that's not saying much).

But I do agree with you though, teams do tend to downplay teams who don't stand much of a chance, that's just how it happens.

I also agree, though, that the Cavs absolutely need to have Lebron do well to win games against good teams. Luckily for them, though, he can do that night in and night out.

I always felt that trade for Antawn Jamison was severely overrated, but maybe I'm wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by zORi
    Derrick Rose had a sub-par night, and so did Deng (but then again, he is sub-par, so that's not saying much).

But I do agree with you though, teams do tend to downplay teams who don't stand much of a chance, that's just how it happens.

I also agree, though, that the Cavs absolutely need to have Lebron do well to win games against good teams. Luckily for them, though, he can do that night in and night out.

I always felt that trade for Antawn Jamison was severely overrated, but maybe I'm wrong...
    I'm luke warm. He definitely changes the defense, but I really think he exposes the Cav's defense. As long as Shaq is there to get his back, it's cool, but Rose got to the rim at will when Shaq was out with foul trouble.

If Jamison can get 20+ points in a few big games, it's cool. But if he doesn't get 20 on good finishes and long Js it's hard to say he's worth it. Oh, and he's a pretty good passer, too. Still rather have JJ, all things considered. Flame me.

-Smak

College star

Quote Originally Posted by B-Easy

The thing with the Cavs that's different from say the lakers or orlando is that Dwight and KObe can both have god awful bad games and their team can still win against playoff type teams whereas it's true, if lebron has a truly bad game by his standards, the Cavs will lose most of the time.

we'll have to wait for that day to come