Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is it time to appreciate Ellis, Dirk, Carlisle and the Dallas Mavericks?

We saw the Spurs slaughter the Blazers in round 2.

Now we're seeing this Spurs machine shredding the MVP and a top 2 PG...

Why aren't we talking about what the Mavericks did, taking the Spurs to 7 and giving them legitimate trouble?

Decent playground baller Carter_17's Avatar

Default Re: Is it time to appreciate Ellis, Dirk, Carlisle and the Dallas Mavericks?

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck

Why aren't we talking about what the Mavericks did, taking the Spurs to 7 and giving them legitimate trouble?

Banned

Default Re: Is it time to appreciate Ellis, Dirk, Carlisle and the Dallas Mavericks?

And people said Houston was better than the Mavs

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Carter_17
    I don't get whats so funny? WB would be top 3 with Parker and CP3

I usually hit open layups

Spurs-Mavs the real WCF.

Possessed by B-Ball Ancient Legend's Avatar

The Spurs were warming up. If they had faced them right now they would have swept the Mavs.

Quote Originally Posted by Black and White
    And people said Houston was better than the Mavs
    Looking back, I wish the Rockets would've beat the Blazers. I want to see them get decimated by the Spurs so badly, so f[COLOR="Black"]uc[/COLOR]king badly.

But that damn Beardsley man, always screwing over my dreams. Dude's an ice-cold killer, just not in any basketball sense of the phrase. Just when I thought the Rockets were gonna make it to the semis, Harden comes in clutch and ruins it.

Banned

Looking back, I wish the Rockets would've beat the Blazers. I want to see them get decimated by the Spurs so badly, so f[COLOR="Black"]uc[/COLOR]king badly.

But that damn Beardsley man, always screwing over my dreams. Dude's an ice-cold killer, just not in any basketball sense of the phrase. Just when I thought the Rockets were gonna make it to the semis, Harden comes in clutch and ruins it.
    I would have loved for that to happen, every single Rockets troll on here would be holding their nuts while running away from every bullshit thread they created, it would be absolute carnage, I'm thinking at least 35+ point games and a sweep.

Harden would be exposed even further as the overpaid loser that he is.

But thats a pipe dream, as he is going down as the NBA champion of 1st round exits.

yea. give that team some love. mavs were a good TEAM. they played team ball unlike my thunder. elite coach in carlisle, two stars in dirk and monta.. i wish they pulled off the upset

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Legend
    The Spurs were warming up. If they had faced them right now they would have swept the Mavs.
    i knew a dumbass would come in here and say something like this

Dallas is less talented than OKC but they are a more disciplined team plus they have decent bigs

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Yes...and mainly defensively. And Carlisle deserves a ton of credit, but so do the players.

People still think Dirk is the worst defender ever? Durant is getting abused on the pick and roll even worse...and Adams/Perkins/Collison are doing way worse than Dirk/Dalembert/Blair did. And what makes that even worse is that the Mavs were staying home on shooters more.

Hilarious to watch the Blazers and Thunder so far just get "Litt up" (for those that watch Suits...

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Yes...and mainly defensively. And Carlisle deserves a ton of credit, but so do the players.

People still think Dirk is the worst defender ever? Durant is getting abused on the pick and roll even worse...and Adams/Perkins/Collison are doing way worse than Dirk/Dalembert/Blair did. And what makes that even worse is that the Mavs were staying home on shooters more.

Hilarious to watch the Blazers and Thunder so far just get "Litt up" (for those that watch Suits...
    It was a joke tonight. Whenever Brooks tried that small ball crap, San Antonio just exposed them by posting Diaw on him. Dude couldn't do anything but foul.

Anyways, you guys are one elite defensive anchor/rim protector and perhaps a couple young guys away from being legitimate contenders. Asik would be perfect.

Especially considering how Dirk was a bit underwhelming for a majority of that series, and 3 of their losses were in 6 points or less. Definitely an unexpected series

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

It was a joke tonight. Whenever Brooks tried that small ball crap, San Antonio just exposed them by posting Diaw on him. Dude couldn't do anything but foul.

Anyways, you guys are one elite defensive anchor/rim protector and perhaps a couple young guys away from being legitimate contenders. Asik would be perfect.
    Well...I agree. And it's all right there for us.

We already have the young guy. It's Larkin. He needs to get 20 plus minutes next year in a Barea type role.

Then we need to bring back Harris at 3 years 9 million.
    Bring back Carter at 3 years 12 to 14 million.

Then sign Luol Deng and then hope we can find a way to get a starting enter in here.

I personally would like to see us move Calderon and Wright. I don't think they are necessary.

I'm wondering if the Knicks would do Calderon/Wright/Ellington and a first round pick for Chandler if we take back Felton.

That would be my dream scenario. Do that and then use the cap space to offer Kyle Lowry the max and then try and fill out the roster with a legit small forward.

Either way we should be a lot better on paper next year...Cuban and Donnie better not **** up the summer. It's been a long time since their moves have worked out...(Chandler was lucky as they admitted...it just fell into our lap they didn't even want him initially)