Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: So, will Kentucky dominate college ball for the foreseeable future?

Quote Originally Posted by ukfan22
    and I'm not even entirely sold on Indiana, because they looked amazing when they play us and kind of mediocre against pretty much everyone else. Watford especially would be the number one pick just based off his performances against UK, dude is unstoppable.
    Indiana has a great homecourt advantage and players who play great under pressure. They've been non-factors on the national stage for so long now that i think they still play down to some teams' level, but when it's time to play a national contender, they all of sudden step it up.

coming into this year they are going to be dangerous thats for sure, they have a good incoming class and retained their entire core from last season Plus Cody Zeller gonna be a Wooden/Naismith candidate right from the jump

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

[FONT="Fixedsys"][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Alex Poythress, aka MKG 2.0.[/COLOR][/FONT]

NBA sixth man of the year

They aren't going to dominate this season. This will be perhaps Calipari's weakest squad since he's been at UK.

Now, even if they don't "dominate", they obviously still have the talent to go to the Sweet 16.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy11
    They aren't going to dominate this season. This will be perhaps Calipari's weakest squad since he's been at UK.

Now, even if they don't "dominate", they obviously still have the talent to go to the Sweet 16.

As much as I hate, to admit it Kentucky has a legitimate shot to repeat as national champs.

Quote Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
    As much as I hate, to admit it Kentucky has a legitimate shot to repeat as national champs.
    They might not even be the best team in the SEC this year. Their freshmen class is not on par with 2011 or Cal's first year. Last year was a special group.

I could see Missouri and Florida being better than Kentucky this year. Though, admittedly, I could see Kentucky again being the best in the SEC. I don't see them repeating as national champs, though. That's hard enough to do with a full returning squad, let alone a group of lesser talented freshmen.

there are a lot of other teams that have been loading up on talent and kentucky is running with froshes once again.

With the field being much deeper Kentucky may not even get to the SEC finals this year tbh

I rule the local playground ukfan22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    there are a lot of other teams that have been loading up on talent and kentucky is running with froshes once again.

With the field being much deeper Kentucky may not even get to the SEC finals this year tbh
    Vandy and Mizzou lost basically everyone, and Florida lost their best player and another starter in Irving. There are a few other solid teams, but no one near UK's talent level.

Not saying they will definitely win the league, but I think they should be considered the favorite. Especially if we get this Clanton transfer from UCF.

They basically brought in the perfect replacements for MKG and Davis(minus the uni). They also have plenty of upperclassmen to lead the team.

Vandy and Mizzou lost basically everyone, and Florida lost their best player and another starter in Irving. There are a few other solid teams, but no one near UK's talent level.

Not saying they will definitely win the league, but I think they should be considered the favorite. Especially if we get this Clanton transfer from UCF.
    i think the key, as is with a lot of UK teams, will be the PG play. I'm not entirely sold on Ryan Harrow and I seen anything from Goodwin to suggest he can be the same type of outside threat as lamb. Poythress is potentially an elite defender and so is Noel.

Mizzou lost some key players but the Oriakhi transfer makes their frontcourt pretty solid as they are getting Bowers back this season after missing all of last season.

Are they the favorite in the SEC?Sure, I would agree that statement. But like i was saying to the poster above, it's not as clear cut that they are the NATIONAL favourites, there's a lot of great talent out there.

Erving Walker wasn't Florida's best player. I expect them to be better without him. Yes, I actually mean that and should be held to that.

Missouri lost a lot, but they also have a lot of good transfers coming in. They still have Pressey and Dixon in the backcourt to go with Oriahki up front.

Missouri and Florida are easily as good as UK. Definitely Florida. And don't forget Tennesse. They return their whole team and they actually finished tied for 2nd in the SEC last season. Don't sleep on them.

How can you say in one sentence that no one in the SEC has talent near UK's, but then turn around and give yourself an out by saying you aren't saying they'll definitely win. If it's truly not close, they should definitely win, right?

They basically brought in the perfect replacements for MKG and Davis(minus the uni). They also have plenty of upperclassmen to lead the team.
    Julius Mays (not SEC caliber), Kyle Wiltjer, and Ryan Harrow (like Wiltjer, only played one season of college ball) isn't exactly "plenty" of upperclassmen and their ability to lead is very much in question.

No one is denying that UK won't be good. They'll be a top program, but to consider this a lateral move and that they should be considered championship favorites is being a bit naive. I'd be impressed if they made to the Final Four again. I think Sweet 16 is more likely. Noel isn't nearly as good as Davis and Poythress isn't nearly as developed physically as MKG. Harrow, on the other hand, might actually be an upgrade over Teague.

Hahahahahahahah no.

I rule the local playground ukfan22's Avatar

well it didn't go well

But they would have made the tourney if Noel hadn't got hurt, and they did finish second in the League. Perhaps it's a blessing, next year's team could be something else.

let's not forget, UNC and UF failed to make the tournament after their most recent titles as well

This thread made me seem hella smart

I wonder what level of mediocrity the Cats would have to play at... and for how long before they stopped being able to pull a top 5 recruiting class every year.

-Smak