Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: How much respect have you lost for Ray Allen?

A little for leaving his legacy with the Celtics behind him, but I don't exactly blame him for his actions. He was often underutilized through Doc's system well into his start of his Boston tenure. He joined his rival, that's the bad part, but at least he didn't join the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    I lost practically every bit of fondness I've had for Ray.

- Bitched about coming off the bench last year, but had bone spurs in both ankles and Bradley was playing great.

- Says he won't come off the bench or be the 4th option.

- Goes to Miami to come off the bench, be at most the 4th option, for less money.

- Started sniping about Rondo once he left.

Not cool man. I don't care that he left, but the way he did it is just a bitch way to go.
    Never heard him say that. He didn't like the role or how things were run in Boston, so he left. I've never hear him ever use the term option when referring to scoring and if he wouldn't want to come off the bench, then he wouldn't have joined the Heat.

Had the Celtics not actively shopped Shuttlesworth for 3-4 consecutive years, then I would have a beef with him bouncing. But simply put, the Celts tried to trade him at the deadline more than a couple times. He went to Miami, Riley told him he wouldn't do that, and boom, deal done.

In all reality, when you are in a sit-down with the Godfather, you do as he asks. He never demands, he just asks you and you must do it. It's part of the rules. And Riley said sign on the dotten line, what was Jesus to do?

Got 2 questions for anybody who "lost respect" for Allen.

1) You don't understand the concept of "free agency" do you?
    2) If you were offered a position that you were convinced would put you in a better situation (whether purely financial or otherwise) would you give any thought to the impact that would be felt by your co-workers?

Let's be real Ray Allen was a model citizen for the Celtics and fulfilled all the obligations expected of him, even though his employer tried to ship him out at least twice.

Miami was the only team he shouldn't have signed with, and the bitch goes out and signs with them. Joining LAC or SAS would have made sense, and it wouldn't have been a total betrayal.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

I lost no respect. It was motivated by revenge and I understand his anger at certain things (like always being trade bait). It was very disappointing though. I expect him to be somewhat forgiven eventually, he should be there whenever the team decides to honor the 2008 squad. But they shouldn't retire his jersey.

the dude is just a spot up shooter. He's too mentally weak to take charge. He's a follower, not a leader.

I still have respect for him even if he didn't join my home team... I don't understand why playerS are suppose to be so loyal to a franchise that isn't loyal to anyone as soon as you begin underperforming they will do what's best for the team, but its a problem when a player does what's best for them... My city is the shit nice beaches, great weather, nice areas to live and he gets to compete at the highest level can't beat it

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by Killbot
    Never heard him say that. He didn't like the role or how things were run in Boston, so he left. I've never hear him ever use the term option when referring to scoring and if he wouldn't want to come off the bench, then he wouldn't have joined the Heat.
    He 100% said he wouldn't come off the bench. Maybe not the 4th option part, but he was super pissed about coming off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by dh144498
    the dude is just a spot up shooter. He's too mentally weak to take charge. He's a follower, not a leader.
    You clearly know nothing about Allen's career.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    He 100% said he wouldn't come off the bench. Maybe not the 4th option part, but he was super pissed about coming off the bench.
    I never heard him say he wouldn't come off the bench and last season he did in fact come off the bench. He probably didn't like it but he remained professional.

Banned

Like RMWG, I've never heard him say that, but I don't disagree with you that he wasn't happy with the bench situation. On interviews with him as the Miami Heat, he mentioned (not in exact words) that he wanted to still feel important and he didn't see that in Boston. They limited his role further in his last year with Boston. I understood why Doc did it last year with his bone spurs, but it appeared Allen did not view this perspective. He questioned the direction of the Celtics and with a cloudy future based on trade rumors, that swayed him on the side of joining to the Heat.

Quote Originally Posted by dh144498
    Go back in time and watch Ray with the Sonics and Bucks. K thanks.

Serious playground baller

He is still respected only ones that dont are bitter celtic fans and heat haters.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Cheese
    He is still respected only ones that dont are bitter celtic fans and heat haters.
    Do you think he is respected by the players?

Local High School Star Goldrush25's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shady6121
    How b*tchmade is he for joining the Heat because the Celtics couldn't beat them? If he had no rings it would've been understandable, but he had already won one with the Celtics in 2008.

"If you can't beat them, join them".
    Maybe he just wanted to play somewhere where he felt wanted and they don't try to trade him every February.

The Heat players and organization made it clear that they wanted him in the fold. Contrast that to the Celtics trying to trade him, apparently bickering constantly with an on-the-rise Rajon Rondo, and it looks like an easy decision.

He made a business decision. That's what the NBA is, a business. People need quit getting their feelings hurt over this stuff.
    Last edited by Goldrush25; 04-16-2013 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    Do you think he is respected by the players?
    Fans care about this kind of stuff way, way , way more than players do.