Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: James "Better than Giannis" Harden finally debuts his new unstoppable move

The man, the myth, the legend.

Default Re: James "Better than Giannis" Harden finally debuts his new unstoppable move

What y'all are missing is the undeniable genius and counterpunch this move actually is.

If you watch the clip, you'll notice the nice chinese fella is guarding him on his left hand...James steps to the side with one-leg and creates an inordinate amount of space, allowing him to get a very clean lock.

This is a direct counterpunch to the defense the Jazz and Bucks tried playing on James, by playing him entirely on his left side or slightly behind him even. By side-stepping to the right on one-leg, he can now create enough space to get a clean look even against that defensive scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7
    What y'all are missing is the undeniable genius and counterpunch this move actually is.

If you watch the clip, you'll notice the nice chinese fella is guarding him on his left hand...James steps to the side with one-leg and creates an inordinate amount of space, allowing him to get a very clean lock.

This is a direct counterpunch to the defense the Jazz and Bucks tried playing on James, by playing him entirely on his left side or slightly behind him even. By side-stepping to the right on one-leg, he can now create enough space to get a clean look even against that defensive scheme.
    Oh, no one is denying how effective this will be assuming Harden can pull it off consistently. 100% legal and maybe even harder to guard then his questionably legal step back he used all last year.

It's amazing how balanced his shot remains even as he jumps off of one-foot.

Still maintains strong shooting form and a solid base as he lands. That's a shot he can hit, you can just see it.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    New move? Kobe was shooting one-legged 3s 9 years ago lol.
    Yup

And Bird in the 80s, and Pistol in the 70s.

No idea's original.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7
    It's amazing how balanced his shot remains even as he jumps off of one-foot.

Still maintains strong shooting form and a solid base as he lands. That's a shot he can hit, you can just see it.
    It's a shot he can hit on occasion but he'll never hit it on a consistent basis. All in all it's an ugly unreliable move.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    I suspect he will make it vs NBA players this year. Hes clearly a gymrat. He wouldnt bring it out half assed. Its not as eye poppingly illegal as the behind the back stepback he did last preseason.
    It must hurt you that the league declared that his stepback is not a traveling move.

I'm a 3point shooter so I've tried to work on this in the past. I'm making no progress. At my park I have hit a shot or 2 like this because I couldn't get ANY separation when they double me off picks or put a bigger physical defender on me.... but it was luck. My teammates were OK with it because like I said I'm a shooter and I have to get my shots off if no one else is hitting... but I would hate it if I had idiot teammates taking the same shot. So Russ please, do not try this. Leave it to someone more skilled like Harden, if he's gonna work on it

Nice op keep rocking brother #BeStrong

National High School Star Rudeboy3's Avatar

better than Giannis?

Quote Originally Posted by ElPigto
    It must hurt you that the league declared that his stepback is not a traveling move.
    Yeah.

However, I don't think we've seen anyone shoot it off their left foot and left-handed. It seems like another move to get defenders into foul trouble as he jumps into them sideways since he couldn't get calls against the Warriors by kicking his feet out .

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    I hope this doesn't take off. Kids will be attempting this before a normal pull-up.
    Already happening

Quote Originally Posted by Mask the Embiid
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B3Dj0ZEnPm-/

look @ that separation

meanwhile, the best move in the 90s was a heavily contested fadeaway from a balding gambling addict

edit- and dont even get me started on the 80's (Larry "the shopkeeper" Bird)
    You started following basketball last year, no one cares about your opinion tbh

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeRozan m8
    You started following basketball last year, no one cares about your opinion tbh
    what are you changing your handle too after this season

Quote Originally Posted by And1AllDay
    what are you changing your handle too after this season
    Patty M8