Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
    Learning to shoot layups Fuschl am See's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe sends Vick an Autograph Jersey, tells him to "BE EPIC"

I'm disappointed Kobe would send a gift to a dog torturing sociopath.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuschl am See
    I'm disappointed Kobe would send a gift to a dog torturing sociopath.
    yeah, vick is a punk

A gift from God - literally. That's cool of him. Do as you're told, Michael. Be Epic!

National High School Star Mrofir's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Who says I even eat meat? Assumptions much? I'm a very conscientious eater myself. Although I can't lie: I enjoy a nice steak or something from time to time, I barely eat meat as part of my day to day diet. If everybody would consume meat the way I do, and not the completely disgusting way most US citizens do, the meat industry would be a far better thing than it is now.

The thing is, things created in horrible unfair ways are all around us. Meat, but also clothes, uhm, really everything you buy in stores has some kind of horrible situation attached to it.

It's something we all indirectly participate in. Keyword is indirectly.

Personally torturing animals for nothing but amusement? That's something completely different and a much greater evil you can commit as an individual. Seeing a difference between this is not hypocrisy at all, you people must have stopped going to school after grade school.
    Only reasonable poster in this thread, thank you. Everyone else, stop chasing your tails. There are other ways to be "smart" than figuring out how to play devil's advocate and deconstruct society in such a way that old Granny Esther making a turkey dinner for the family is somehow as evil as Vick torturing dogs. Agreed, there are reasons for society's larger moral choices besides strict morality. This causes some unfortunate situations. But it doesn't mean you have to completely lose your mind about it. This line of thinking represents a slippery slope, it can easily be taken to extremes to support or justify just about any behavior. It's the same type of logic that violent criminals use to justify their actions.. Take a social norm you don't like, and argue that in the long run you're bringing more good than harm by committing violent crime XYZ. If you truly believe what youre saying that vick killing and torturing dogs is in the same category as eating a bacon cheeseburger (yes BOTH beef and pork!) .. you severely lack a frame of reference and your worldview could be literally one traumatic event away from spinning away to madness. Just stop it. On the other hand if you have a problem with the meat industry and want to take a stand for animal rights, GO FOR IT! Does anyone who posted in this thread do that?

And another thing for those of you making this ridiculous unhealthy and uninformed argument... If Vick had used this logic to support his cause when he was released from prison, would you have supported him?

..Or would he have sounded too much like a lunatic violent criminal justifying his actions against the norms of society?
    Last edited by Mrofir; 01-21-2011 at 12:34 PM.