Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Garnett+Pierce+Kirilenko

the Bulls are going to kick that ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    the Bulls are going to kick that ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Trentknicks
    The problem with your argument is that you are expecting all this to happen, not one of the things you mentioned is guaranteed. What happens to your defensive rating when KG/AK go down for their usual 15 or so games per year due to injury?

Indy
    Bulls
    Heat

Will undoubtedly be better on defense, maybe another 2 or so teams around the league that could finish in front of the Nets in points allowed. No doubt you will point out that I'm a Knicks fan but that has no relevance here and I think most of the board would agree with my suggestion.
    Regular season does not matter. As long as we make it to the playoffs with a healthy team we are favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    They have talent but they have 2 really big holes
    1-IDK how Pierce and JJ work together. Its just an odd fit.
    2-They arent ever going to get a single rebound when evans isnt in.
    Pierce will most likely work as a sixth man. The starting line up will look like this.

Deron-Johnson-Kirlenko-Garnett-Brook.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Bella
    we are favorites.
    Favorites to lose in the first round. If they face either the Heat, Bulls, or the Pacers, it'll be a sweep or at the worst, they'll be done in 5.

Banned

Pierce will most likely work as a sixth man. The starting line up will look like this.

Deron-Johnson-Kirlenko-Garnett-Brook.
    That's what Im hoping, but JJ deserves the bench over Pierce honestly. He's pretty damn atrocious anymore.

Good High School Starter

The Nets were a 4th seeded 49 win team last season, who lost in 7 games in the first round of the playoffs.
    They already had a very nice big 3 of Williams, Lopez and Joe Johnson.
    They swept their regular season series against the Pacers.

Their main flaws were defense, passion and floor spacing (especially when Wallace and Evans were on the floor at the same time.)

They made the following changes:
    Wallace -> Pierce
    Humphries -> Garnett
    Bogans -> Kirilenko
    Stackhouse -> Alan Anderson
    Marshon Brooks -> Jason Terry
    CJ Watson -> Shaun Livingston
    lack of 3rd string center -> Plumlee
    PJ Carlesimo -> Jason Kidd
    upgraded coaching staff.

Even when all their 33+ year old players (KG, Pierce and Jason Terry - the players from the Celtics trade) are out, they are still improved with a starting lineup of
    D-Will, JJ, AK, Blatche, Lopez,
    with
    Taylor, Livingston, Anderson, Shengelija, Teletovic, Evans and Plumlee
    coming off the bench.

Even if KG and Pierce don't play at all, this is a 50 win team.

We can not really project how much the addition of KG and Pierce will improve them, as we don't know how much they will regress for age 36 and 37 respectively. Last year they were both still top 5 at their positions.
    We also don't know how they will be able to fit into their new 4th and 5th option roles, but I think at this stage of their careers there will not be any problem there.

Anyway, I think it's safe to say they addressed their weeknesses very well.
    Defense, passion and floor spacing improved tremendously.

I think they are at least a 55 win team, which is usually contender level.

Regular season does not matter. As long as we make it to the playoffs with a healthy team we are favorites.
    Sure

Local High School Star The JKidd Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    Favorites to lose in the first round. If they face either the Heat, Bulls, or the Pacers, it'll be a sweep or at the worst, they'll be done in 5.
    The Nets swept the Pacers in the regular season series and the games weren't even close. We also improved much more than the Pacers did in the off season. Deron Williams basically took the Nets to 7 games against the Bulls all by himself, considering that Lopez was being a soft peice of shit in the paint, Joe was injured and everyone else on the team was a non-factor and playing under the shittiest, most stubborn coach in the league. I'd take the Nets improvements of Peirce, KG, Joe, Kirilenko, Terry, a back up PG that won't blow the series and a coach that actually knows what the word pass means over Rose and Deng. Also, if any team in the league is going to beat the Heat, it's this Nets team. They have 3 legitimate low post scorers, great offensive spacing, a deep bench, a potentially dominate defense and elite wing scoring in Williams, Johnson and Peirce. No team in the league would sweep this Nets team. Damn, you bandwagon heat fans really need to a brush up on your basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by The JKidd Kid
    The Nets swept the Pacers in the regular season series and the games weren't even close. We also improved much more than the Pacers did in the off season. Deron Williams basically took the Nets to 7 games against the Bulls all by himself, considering that Lopez was being a soft peice of shit in the paint, Joe was injured and everyone else on the team was a non-factor and playing under the shittiest, most stubborn coach in the league. I'd take the Nets improvements of Peirce, KG, Joe, Kirilenko, Terry, a back up PG that won't blow the series and a coach that actually knows what the word pass means over Rose and Deng. Also, if any team in the league is going to beat the Heat, it's this Nets team. They have 3 legitimate low post scorers, great offensive spacing, a deep bench, a potentially dominate defense and elite wing scoring in Williams, Johnson and Peirce. No team in the league would sweep this Nets team. Damn, you bandwagon heat fans really need to a brush up on your basketball.
    If anyone beats Miami, it will be Indy.
    If Miami gets taken out, I think the Nets win the East.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
    If anyone beats Miami, it will be Indy.
    If Miami gets taken out, I think the Nets win the East.
    u delusional fans are killing me with these jokes

Quote Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
    The question is will the NBA let the Nets use wheelchairs ON the court or only on the bench/locker room?

Nets have a nice lineup though.

70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0 livingby3's's Avatar

when i clicked this thread i was thinking 100 years old

Heat are a horrific matchup for the Nets. They haven't lost a series in the East since being put together, and you need to be able to play at their level of athleticism at least somewhat (now) to compete with them. The Nets are really slow, to compete with them the Nets will need to kill them on the board, otherwise the Heat will run out on every miss. The Pacers are a different kind of team than the Nets. I think Nets/Pacers/Heat is rock paper scissors just like ChuckOakley said.

A lot of hate for the Nets calling them old. I'm not for or against them, but I am interested in seeing how they perform.