Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Default A pack of wolves vs a Bengal tiger

I watched the Jungle Book yesterday and was wondering about the match up in the movie. A pack of wolves ( we'll go with 10) vs a Bengal tiger. Who ya got?

Banned

Default Re: A pack of wolves vs a Bengal tiger

Wolves>>>Tiger

Lesnar>>>>>>>>>>>>Wolves

Banned

We all saw Sher Khan run train on Mowgli's wolf pack.

Bengal tiger all day.

I think a tiger is the one living creature that has a chance to take down Lesnar.

Bengal has quicker reflexes than Brock, and Brock's pasty farm boy skin offers no defense against tiger's ripping claws.

Bengal wins by disembowelment, I honestly don't see how Brock would win this matchup. Bengal is immune to kimuras. And suplexes wouldn't work because cats always land on their feet.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

For anyone that doubts the tiger...

https://youtu.be/TOKOtf9XWyg

if there is 10 wolves, the wolf pack would win. i think the cutoff point would be about 6 wolves, any less than that then the win would go to the tiger.

I got Wilt Chamberlain

5-time NBA All-Star

At work now but I just saw on YouTube one male Lion take on 20 hyenas and the lion had a broken paw - you can google "single lion destroys 20 hyenas". If you ever saw a wild hyena there is no way in the world a wolf could beat them. They are harder to kill then a wolf because of their oversized necks and have the strongest bite of all land animals I believe. Single lions are the least efficient killer of the big cats. Tigers, outside of armed humans, are the only animals that hunt, kill and eat bears... and the trick is be efficient because bears are very dangerous and strong.

So it would likely be a pack of 30 wolves to even have the confidence. A tiger would only need three seconds to break a wolf's back and big cats can pick out the alpha in other species, so you have to factor in losing confidence and reorganization as well.

Banned

How would a bear be able to tank a tiger launching itself at full speed from 15 feet away? I'm pretty sure a tiger could kill a bear if it wanted to due to its speed and agility advantage.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    I watched the Jungle Book yesterday and was wondering about the match up in the movie. A pack of wolves ( we'll go with 10) vs a Bengal tiger. Who ya got?
    wolves.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    Tiger FACT CHECK:

Tigers only hunt smaller bears. It's a common myth that siberian tigers prey on brown bears. Not entirely true. Tigers are assassins, opportunistic lone-wolf savages. They strategically avoid males, and prey on females and cubs... Generally during hibernation when the guard is down.

A male Kamchatka bear would obliterate a Siberian tiger... Let alone imagine what a Polar Bear would do.
    If they are the same weight a tiger will eat it. Bigger bears will pose a problem. Bears rarely ever fight other predators at all and I never saw a bear kill another top predator (wolves and even wolverines are seen taking Grizzly's prey) big cats are the only predators that eat all other predators (crocs, snakes, bears and dogs). When much bigger bears fight cougars, the cougar usually wins, much smaller proportion than Bengal to polar bear.

Tigers are far more advanced in the science of killing different predators. Tigers know how to kill bears. No way does a bear start eating wolves. A tiger will eventually get to the back of the bear and injure it. Grizzly or Polar it might takes a day or two before he's food but no way does bear catch a Tiger off guard or not facing him.

So fact check is rebuffed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    If they are the same weight a tiger will eat it. Bigger bears will pose a problem. Bears rarely ever fight other predators at all and I never saw a bear kill another top predator (wolves and even wolverines are seen taking Grizzly's prey) big cats are the only predators that eat all other predators (crocs, snakes, bears and dogs). When much bigger bears fight cougars, the cougar usually wins, much smaller proportion than Bengal to polar bear.

Tigers are far more advanced in the science of killing different predators. Tigers know how to kill bears. No way does a bear start eating wolves. A tiger will eventually get to the back of the bear and injure it. Grizzly or Polar it might takes a day or two before he's food but no way does bear catch a Tiger off guard or not facing him.

So fact check is rebuffed.
    The Tiger is the greatest of all cats but no way in hell are they taking on a Grizzly, Kodiak or Polar Bear. Those three will crush any cat.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes
    The Tiger is the greatest of all cats but no way in hell are they taking on a Grizzly, Kodiak or Polar Bear. Those three will crush any cat.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yti2UY5D0zw This is a grizzly weighing about 450lbs. Cougar weighs about 150lbs. Bengals weigh nearly the same weight as Grizzles. And about half of Polar bears.

There is no shortage of youtube videos of wolves vs grizzles. When animals are not skilled killers this happens: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RqJFza3sbE And those wolf packs in in those videos are quite small, usually in the six or seven wolf range. The videos of male lions vs hyenas is like 20 hyenas. It is not natural for big predators to have packs of more than 12 dogs. No bear commands this type of respect https://youtu.be/-hQyEcjH1CM?t=1m43s because they are slow and not killers of other predators, and the hyena would handle a wolf pretty easily.

Its a matter of who has the more vulnerable back and bears are slow A tiger will eventually get to the back of the bear. They know how to kill them. If you go by strength a polar can't do anything with an Elephant as bears are not sophisticated fighters at all. An elephant would do him in. A tiger will get on an elephants back in the same way it kills bears and crocs. It may not succeed but it knows a way to do it.

If you have a fish tank, the fish that kills different type of predators will usually beat other fish that are bigger. You are just looking at power when there are either none or next to no film ever of bears killing other predators. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_uKJijBbuY. They are not smart, quick or experienced. Cats are the top predator pound for pound. Eagles are the one exception. But they are only able to handle the smallest of cat species.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    A lot of sweeping, uninformed generalizations.
    I was specific in almost all of my examples.

Hell no. They all wipe the floor with ANY form of tiger.
    Does an MMA fighter beat a non skilled fighter? Really??? If an animal kills Boa's, Crocs, Bears and top dogs it has it in them to kill top predators. A bear doesn't know what it is to kill a predator. It doesn't get respect from wolves, wolverines and badgers. Why? Because its not a killer. A tiger knows how to kill. This is some MMA moves here, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9GwVQ0REsQ low to the ground feet wide spread, eliminate the crocs strong point.

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

When did a pack of wolves translate to a bear?

NBA Superstar

For the wolves to win we have to believe their are pack united and will fight with pride.

There is no pride in nature, once wolves see danger they will run.