Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Default Re: Kevin Love summary....

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Allen Iverson was a 21 yrs.old Rookie while Love is a 24/25 yrs.old 5th year NBA Veteran. AI led his team in the NBA Finals with an above average supporting casts.
    He wasn't too sporty his second year either. Please tell me about all the talent and all the great coaching that Love has had since he's been in Minnesota? (current team and coach not included)

And there have been plenty of players who get their dick sucked by everyone on ish who are on shitty teams. Funny thing is, they're never white. All this BS about Love is just like it is for Dirk and Nash. It's because they're white. Just like black QBs in the NFL get shit on. In the NBA it's always "they don't play defense", even after Dirk became a totally decent defender people still said that bs. Of course there are plenty of black stars who don't play defense (Iverson being one of them, but don't gimme his steals. He gambled way too much on D and was terrible one on one). The "empty stats" with Love is just hilarious. The dude is a stud. He may not be the best PF in the game and may not be killer in the post but he gets it done. Watch the games. He can ****ing rebound with anyone and that is a hard stat to fake. He has excellent timing and knows how to play. I'm sorry that he's white and doesn't jump high and talk like a moron and wear glasses with no lenses in them but hey, he's a good player.
    Last edited by chocolatethunder; 11-26-2012 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    He wasn't too sporty his second year either. Please tell me about all the talent and all the great coaching that Love has had since he's been in Minnesota? (current team and coach not included)

And there have been plenty of players who get their dick sucked by everyone on ish who are on shitty teams. Funny thing is, they're never white. All this BS about Love is just like it is for Dirk and Nash. It's because they're white. Just like black QBs in the NFL get shit on. In the NBA it's always "they don't play defense", even after Dirk became a totally decent defender people still said that bs. Of course there are plenty of black stars who don't play defense (Iverson being one of them, but don't gimme his steals. He gambled way too much on D and was terrible one on one). The "empty stats" with Love is just hilarious. The dude is a stud. He may not be the best PF in the game and may not be killer in the post but he gets it done. Watch the games. He can ****ing rebound with anyone and that is a hard stat to fake. He has excellent timing and knows how to play. I'm sorry that he's white and doesn't jump high and talk like a moron and wear glasses with no lenses in them but hey, he's a good player.
    Are you in your late 50's or early 60's?

Nash was severely overrated in this forum back in 2007. The Nash Era Suns team was a very exciting team in the regular season, but they always failed in the playoffs.

Love is a good player, but he is not a winner. If he's black he will just get the same treatment as Prime Shareef Abdur Rahim. Dirk is a better player than these 2 guys. He already won an NBA title at age 33.

Allen Iverson is Hated by the media, and David Stern, but this guy led his team into the finals.. Nobody hates Love because he's white. He's putting up good numbers, but he cannot carry his team into the post season.
    Last edited by Lebron23; 11-26-2012 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    Kyrie Irving must be a terrible player as well.
    Who said Love is "turrible". There's a lot of middle ground between superstar and "turrible". Wouldn't you say?

I don't think "superstars" let their teams collect .269 percentage into their 5th year. But hey....that's just me. Some superstars lead teams to losses.......I suppose. It's a skill to not accept blame for anything.........

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Who said Love is "turrible". There's a lot of middle ground between superstar and "turrible". Wouldn't you say?

I don't think "superstars" let their teams collect .269 percentage into their 5th year. But hey....that's just me. Some superstars lead teams to losses.......I suppose. It's a skill to not accept blame for anything.........

This

Problem is, people are putting the onus on Love.....despite his teams being shitty. He's not a superstar. Never has been. Dude is an allstar though and impacts the game in a number of ways.

Now w/ Adelman at the helm and Rubio coming back shortly (or so to be rumored), there are no excuses. As constructed, Minny should be postseason-ready.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Problem is, people are putting the onus on Love.....despite his teams being shitty. He's not a superstar. Never has been. Dude is an allstar though and impacts the game in a number of ways.

Now w/ Adelman at the helm and Rubio coming back shortly (or so to be rumored), there are no excuses. As constructed, Minny should be postseason-ready.
    That is why they win with Rubio. That is also why they lose without Rubio. It's no coincidence they haven't won a game with Love back.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yearning
    That is why they win with Rubio. That is also why they lose without Rubio. It's no coincidence they haven't won a game with Love back.
    jesus christ its been THREE FREAKING GAMES!

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Are you in your late 50's or early 60's?

Nash was severely overrated in this forum back in 2007. T team was a very exciting team in the regular season, but they always failed in the playoffs.

Love is a good player, but he is not a winner. If he's black he will just get the same treatment as Prime Shareef Abdur Rahim. Dirk is a better player than these 2 guys. He already won an NBA title at age 33.

Allen Iverson is Hated by the media, and David Stern, but this guy led his team into the finals.. Nobody hates Love because he's white. He's putting up good numbers, but he cannot carry his team into the post season.
    Nash overrated here? It was split evenly. People hate on him cause he's white just like Dirk.

I call it like I see it. If you can't see that black QBs get hated on then you're a moron. Why anyone would take RGIII second I have no idea.

Again, please tell me how talented Love's teams have been since he's been in the league. Please tell me how well their draft picks have panned out. Then please tell me all the great coaches they had before Adelman. I'm not even a Kevin Love fan but the amount of BS that is said here about this dude is hilarious.
    Love is hated on because he's white.

Iverson was loved and his game is beyond reproach because he was so "real".

I mean people on this board put up threads about Steve Francis being a great player. We're talking about Steve Francis. What exactly did he do? What was his playoff record with a good team and a good coach?

He is an impact player. I just think his team doesn't suit his game. Every player has weaknesses. Even Miami with Wade and Bron would be terrible if they had no shooters. You need to put the players beside him that compliment what he can do rather than focus on what he can't do.

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    He is an impact player. I just think his team doesn't suit his game. Every player has weaknesses. Even Miami with Wade and Bron would be terrible if they had no shooters. You need to put the players beside him that compliment what he can do rather than focus on what he can't do.
    I see. Makes sense.

What you are saying is Love needs to be surrounded with players who help WIN games, as opposed to Love who DOESN'T helps teams win games. I totally get it. If Love is surrounded by players who help you win games, the TWolves therefore would get more wins.

When Rubio comes back, Love will look MUCH better, because Rubio is someone that can help win you games. It's clear to me now.

I see. Makes sense.

What you are saying is Love needs to be surrounded with players who help WIN games, as opposed to Love who DOESN'T helps teams win games. I totally get it. If Love is surrounded by players who help you win games, the TWolves therefore would get more wins.

When Rubio comes back, Love will look MUCH better, because Rubio is someone that can help win you games. It's clear to me now.
    I'm glad it's clear to you now. What player before Rubio has Love played with who is decent? Let's see, LeBron leaves Cleveland to play with guys who make him look much better, Bosh leave s Toronto to play with guys who can win but it's ok for them. Meanwhile, Love has been put on teams w who? Johnnie Flynn? Yeah, he's a bona fide winner. Your logic is awesome. So what you're saying is every good player should show up to any team regardless of who is on the team and turn them into a winner, otherwise they are just padding their stats. K gotcha. However, when a player you like is on a team and they don't do well it's because the coach isn't adjusting his system to fit the player. K now I understand.
    Afterall, you only need one player for a team to be a winner. I mean AI singlehandedly took the Sixers to the finals. It's not like he was on a team w DPOY or the SMOY. If he was they would have surely won. Because winning a championship has to be the metric by which all players are measured. That must be why everyone on this board thinks AI wasn't any good. Because he never won it all.
    Last edited by chocolatethunder; 11-26-2012 at 06:18 PM.