Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TEXAS BATMAN
    Dude that got mauled? You start something better be prepared to handle whatever comes with it. Hate to parrot the earlier comment but he "f#@ked with the wrong motherf#@ker." Black or white. Dude shouldn't have had such a glass jaw.
    Really dumb. Whats wrong with the logic today? How do you justify getting pushed/shoved as an open door to a clothesline and pummeling?

He didn't shoot the guy. Didn't stab him. Guy initiated physical contact, couldn't take the ensuing punishment. No sympathy.

Serious playground baller

The guy who punched a ref should be banned for life, if you can't control yourself when the call doesn't go your way you shouldn't be playing sports. The guy is a menace.

He didn't shoot the guy. Didn't stab him. Guy initiated physical contact, couldn't take the ensuing punishment. No sympathy.
    It looked to me like he was tripped running up the court, the guy who beat up the other player was the one too initiate the contact.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    That's dumb. But Arnold Swartz would cosign on that. Ever think about running for a position in politics? Perfect mentality there.
    It's not dumb and I never said it should be a blind law. I said when something is this severe that the punishment should follow suit, but that doesn't mean that I didn't look at it with my owns eyes first to come to that conclusion. Every case should be considered under its own circumstances, and when I look at this particular instance, it's my opinion that this guy bought himself a one way ticket to ban city.

It's really no different than any other occupation. If you work in the corporate world and you decide to go put your fist through some mail clerk's skull just because you're having a bad day and he put your new letters in the out box on accident, good luck finding a job in that field again. Or any professional occupation for that matter, especially if a bunch of people witnessed it and it's on video. I hear most potential employers don't consider aggravated assault as a selling point unless the company brand happens to be UFC or Pride.

Quote Originally Posted by TEXAS BATMAN
    Pushing like that happens all the time in games he deserves to get a push back or something but not beaten out of consiuosness

I like how they put the "Video Enhanced" shot at the end.

I work at a sports league and you wouldn't believe the crap people give the refs. Every game the players are *****ing and moaning and complaining about the calls, every player thinks the refs are out to get them. The refs are just ordinary guys trying to their best at a job that is pretty dammn hard, and they don't get half the respect they deserve.

I dont understand the *****ing either, even if the refs wrong, he wont reverse the call. Players should just give up and keep playing. It doesnt work.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigAristotle1
    I work at a sports league and you wouldn't believe the crap people give the refs. Every game the players are *****ing and moaning and complaining about the calls, every player thinks the refs are out to get them. The refs are just ordinary guys trying to their best at a job that is pretty dammn hard, and they don't get half the respect they deserve.
    Most kids dont think about the fact that refs work regular job just like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by ClutchCityReturns
    It's not dumb and I never said it should be a blind law. I said when something is this severe that the punishment should follow suit, but that doesn't mean that I didn't look at it with my owns eyes first to come to that conclusion. Every case should be considered under its own circumstances, and when I look at this particular instance, it's my opinion that this guy bought himself a one way ticket to ban city.

It's really no different than any other occupation. If you work in the corporate world and you decide to go put your fist through some mail clerk's skull just because you're having a bad day and he put your new letters in the out box on accident, good luck finding a job in that field again. Or any professional occupation for that matter, especially if a bunch of people witnessed it and it's on video. I hear most potential employers don't consider aggravated assault as a selling point unless the company brand happens to be UFC or Pride.
    You can find another job in that field unless you have been hit with a charge. An accountant doing that wont lose thier chance to ever do accounting again. Maybe never for that company, but another? Get real. He doesnt need a career change after that incident unless he killed that mail clerk.

But i guess what you're doing is similar to jail. Where you do the crime, you do the time...and during that time you lose all rights, privliges as a free person. I dont think a lifetime ban is the right punishment. Extreme unless he has had a violent history then yeah. 10yr ban.

Saw a basketball once DueceDime210's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 305Baller
    I dont understand the *****ing either, even if the refs wrong, he wont reverse the call. Players should just give up and keep playing. It doesnt work.

yea the ref wont reverse the call. but i think players do it so the ref wont call the same "bull$#@%" the next time
    Last edited by DueceDime210; 12-06-2006 at 04:47 PM.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    You can find another job in that field unless you have been hit with a charge. An accountant doing that wont lose thier chance to ever do accounting again. Maybe never for that company, but another? Get real. He doesnt need a career change after that incident unless he killed that mail clerk.

But i guess what you're doing is similar to jail. Where you do the crime, you do the time...and during that time you lose all rights, privliges as a free person. I dont think a lifetime ban is the right punishment. Extreme unless he has had a violent history then yeah. 10yr ban.
    Still disagree with your take about being able to get another job, but I have a question about the 10 year ban. How long do you expect the guy to play ball? Unless he's rather young, his career will be all but over after 10 years anyway. Seems to me that if it's that long it's not going to matter much if it's a life ban. But again, I'm talking about this case in particular. Pushing a ref violently, attempting to choke a ref, maybe even throwing a punch at one in the heat of an all out team vs. team brawl or something. Things like that, depending on each case, I would imagine are probably at least 1 year bans, maybe multiple years. What this guy did, in particular, is far worse than any of that stuff. He lost it BIG TIME and just snapped...and why did he do this? For not getting a call? Can't have that kind of ticking time bomb out there after you've seen what he might do. Not in my opinion.

Fire Dwane Casey

The ref deserved that. I watch old NBA games and it was nothing like it is today, these refs are getting in the way and players need to start taking action for it. I can understand that guys story, sometimes the refs piss the **** outta me when I play games and I wanna throw a punch at them too.

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

No one deserves to be punched in the face for doing their job you moron. Your stupidity amazes me.