Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles UConnCeltics's Avatar

Default Re: Recruiting for next season

Parker added UConn. Guess Ollie can talk a good game?

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Barber's sanctions waiting to happen. But that's nothing new for NC State. Jackson's going to end up at Illinois, just may take a minute. Good for them I guess, just hope it doesn't influence Bates-Diop. But it will.

Told you Groce was a good hire.
    I liked the hire when it was made, I just think fans were still getting over the rejection by two other coaches.

As far as Demetrius Jackson, I don't know. From what I'm reading it's down to ND or Illinois (Kansas was a player), and both fan bases seem to think he's theirs. We'll see what happens, but ND has been recruiting him a bit longer. He's #1 on my wish list. Illinois hasn't had an athletic point guard like him in some time.

In more good news, Xavier Rathan-Mayes, #25 in the 2013 class according to rivals, is on campus for his official this weekend. It's down to us, UConn, and FSU for him. Groce has been pretty impressive in getting in on some of these kids in a relatively short period of time. Definitely has the fan base excited.

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

SPK I didn't even click the link but i know they are mixes of west coast players

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniFan
    I liked the hire when it was made, I just think fans were still getting over the rejection by two other coaches.

As far as Demetrius Jackson, I don't know. From what I'm reading it's down to ND or Illinois (Kansas was a player), and both fan bases seem to think he's theirs. We'll see what happens, but ND has been recruiting him a bit longer. He's #1 on my wish list. Illinois hasn't had an athletic point guard like him in some time.

In more good news, Xavier Rathan-Mayes, #25 in the 2013 class according to rivals, is on campus for his official this weekend. It's down to us, UConn, and FSU for him. Groce has been pretty impressive in getting in on some of these kids in a relatively short period of time. Definitely has the fan base excited.
    Well ****...whiffed on both.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniFan
    Well ****...whiffed on both.
    Still getting and staying in the hunt for a coach that hasn't even coached a game yet is a good sign.

But yeah, dude still needs to back off KBD.

Across other recruiting boards, it appears Wiggins is exploring more options outside of UK and FSU. His family has been calling schools over the past week asking for increased involvement in his recruitment. In the last year +, it has always been implied that those two schools were the only options.

So this is interesting to say the least. Guess if he decides to reclassify, he doesn't want to go to a team where there's 3, or more, guys who prefer to have the ball in their hands already.

UK got lucky with MKG and Davis. Both can be extremely effective (I'd say better, even) off the ball. The team they are building looks more like a collection of talent rather than a masterpiece that can develop chemistry in less than a season.

I also heard Wiggins and Randle aren't fans of the Harrison twins so that might have something to do with it. Although most assume Randle is probably going to UK anyway.

Obviously don't count out UK yet. IMO, this says two things though...
    1) He might want to go to a team where he can be featured more.
    2) If so, he may not feel as comfortable heading to FSU as people seem to think. Because there he would clearly be the top dog, his father went to FSU, his high school teammate is joining the Seminoles... Yet, he is expanding his list?

It also pretty much guarantees he reclassifies.
    Last edited by IGotACoolStory; 10-22-2012 at 07:30 PM.

Good analysis on Wiggin's situation. Frankly I'll be happy if he goes anywhere but UK. Of course I would love for him to come to MSU that's not happening. Hopefully we can nab Jabari though.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

excited to know where wiggins will go... i hope he goes this year... cant wait for him to get to NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    It also pretty much guarantees he reclassifies.
    how so?

Because he was likely heading to UK. His reclassification was in limbo and UK had been stringing James Young around the entire time waiting on Wiggins. They decided to take on Young.

Do you think most of the 2013 UK recruits will still be there in 2014 if he doesn't reclassify? I don't and the majority of recruits don't expect them to be either, which is how Cal can reload for the following season before the current season starts. Right now he's getting guys and he doesn't even have enough scholarships for... Why? Because we all know the freshman, and maybe someone like Harrow, will bolt for the NBA.

So why would Wiggins worry about players who won't even be there in two years?

btw, the list of schools the Wiggins camp reached out to is:
    -North Carolina (Been listed in his top 3 for over the past year, has family in NC, his dad grew up in NC and wanted to attend UNC.)
    -Kansas (Recently started recruiting him. Not sure of any connections.)
    -Ohio State (Recently as well, a bit longer than KU. Has a brother at Wichita State)
    -Syracuse (They haven't started recruiting him yet. His AAU teammate Tyler Ennis is committed to them.)

To go along with:
    -UK (One and done school)
    -FSU (Parents went there and has a good relationship with Leonard Hamilton)

A quote from Wiggins, himself:

“Every school is the same to me right now,” Wiggins said. “I don’t have any favorites. Even if a new school wanted to recruit me they can. My options are wide open, but a lot of schools aren’t recruiting me because of what they think.”

“I told them so they know now,” he added. “Hopefully other schools know now so they can start recruiting me.”

Virtually only FSU and UK have been recruiting him over the past year.

This is the consensus best player in his class since he was a freshman. Most seem to think he's the best player not in the NBA, including high school, college, and overseas....

Yet, no one else is even giving him a flier? That's how much it was assumed he would end up at UK or FSU. Even the college coaches knew it.

There's so much to take in his recruitment now... I don't think anyone has a clue where he is going anymore.
    Last edited by IGotACoolStory; 10-23-2012 at 03:11 PM.

One of the better AAU tournaments started today, City of Palms Classic.
    http://www.cityofpalmsclassic.com/scores-stats.php

Big time recruits like Andrew Wiggins, D'Angelo Russell, Justin Jackson, Marcus Derrickson, Jahlil Okafor, and Kasey Hill are playing.

Wiggins stole the show with a 31 point, 8 rebounds, 3 blocks performance. He finished the game 15 of 22 from the field while being matched up with top 20 2014 target, Justin Jackson.

Eric Bossi, the head scout at Rivals, tweeted:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossi
    It's been the Andrew Wiggins show on both ends of the floor. Trying to think of a guy with his defensive ability at 17 years old.
    Telling you, McGrady on offense, Pippen on defense, with MJ's killer instinct. ...Only half kidding.

Got this recruit for next season

Kentan Facey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD3fmNfSSJY