Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Eric Bledsoe sucks as a starting point guard

Of course he does. I'm pretty sure I was the first one to point this out. He got openly exposed against OKC like I predicted and will never have the same rep again.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Is it the end of the year? Did we know CP3 would go down and force Bledsoe into a starter role for weeks? Literally 3 fu**ing months left in the season. So this proves nothing, especially when I added the disclaimer "by the end of the year". Which is significantly different than saying right now. Besides.... the value isn't a huge gap between Klay and Bledsoe. Klay is a pure scorer who does nothing else, Bledsoe affects all aspects of the game like very very few other players when he's playing well. Bledsoe is in a pretty damn big shooting/scoring slump but he's averaging about 6 rpg, 5 apg, 2.5 spg and 1+ bpg as a starter in 30 minutes a game or so. Nothing to criticize.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 02-02-2013 at 12:25 AM.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    You forgot to show me where I said that douche. Bledsoe has done a good job as a starter outside of scoring. Such a small sample anyways to say he "sucks".
    And you used all those small sample sizes to say how good he was. Such as that one playoff run.

Bledsoe is a very good bench player. He's good at changing the momentum of the game and playing good defense and forcing turnovers. He's not an All-Star, he's not some crazy potential player.

Down the line he could turn into a good player but I don't think he'll ever be a starting player for 30+ minutes on a team going anywhere. Simply doesn't have IQ to run a basketball team and IMO when you make him play under control which he would need to do as a starter you lose alot of his good attributes.

I want him everywhere being disruptive for 20-25 minutes a night. Not for 35 minutes, because you gamble enough you get bit. Same with the offense. Him attacking, penetrating is all good stuff in his bench role. As a starter while you do that, it's too much. The turnovers, the missed shots etc. Not to mention that as a starter you'll face better competition, be gameplanned more and for a guy like Bledsoe who plays that high energy game, fatigue could come into question at some point.

He's still got a ways to go.

Is it the end of the year? Did we know CP3 would go down and force Bledsoe into a starter role for weeks? Literally 3 fu**ing months left in the season.
    Ok, let's see Bledsoe outplay Paul George and Klay for the next two months

and wouldn't a starting role give him an opportunity to showcase how good he really is?
    Last edited by chazzy; 02-02-2013 at 12:30 AM.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    It gets even better

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    Bledsoe is already a better all around player than Klay. I was wrong about George who has blossomed into a legit all star caliber player just about. Nonetheless in the same thread there was a lot of things I said in context that that one quote fails to capture.

Eric Bledsoe PER 36: 16 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 5.2 apg, 3 spg, 1.5 bpg.

Klay Thompson PER 36: 17 ppg, 4 rpg, 2.5 apg, 1 spg, .5 bpg.

Let me post some other things to show my POV in that thread.

"I predict Bledsoe will be a 14-16 ppg, 5-6 rpg, 6-7 apg, 2 spg, 1 bpg player at his absolute peak if he reaches max potential. Basically Kyle Lowry type numbers with more shot blocking."

Anything homer or unrealistic about this prediction?

Now for the thing I'm being misquoted for. Here is my first post mentioning Klay, George ETC in that thread.

"As for Bledsoe's future.... I'm scared to trade him because of his upside. I understand he's not an ideal SG and would want the opportunity to be a star PG elsewhere. I'd take Klay Thompson or Paul George for him as a Clippers GM but very few other young, talented wings right now I'd trade Bledsoe for so it's a tough situation."

Anything close to "it's a fair trade straight up" Brandon? Afterwards when I got on the defensive I made a smartass comment about it but was obviously talking shit more so when you break down the context.

In the thread Brandon continues to troll and bait about me saying I'd take these guys... so finally I lash out a bit and make the comment about how by the end of the year he will be better or w/e.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 02-02-2013 at 12:40 AM.

More exposing of Brandon's lie and Chazzy's dipshit cherry picking.

"I think value wise... if he continues this play through this season, yes it would be a valid trade. I do think you're severely undervaluing him in the eyes of GM's. Bledsoe's peak play is better than anything we have seen from George or Thompson. Although obviously as starters with more minutes George and Thompson had more chance to show their game.

Besides when I said "Only ones I'd really take" I didn't mean Bledsoe is of the same value right now, just saying I'd rather keep him as a 6th man than trade for a lesser SG than that. He better be bringing back a high upside SG in return with a decade of good years left."

Damn it's sad when people bring knives to a gun fight.

Damn Brandon... how's my ass taste kid?

Eric Bledsoe is a better player than Klay Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    Eric Bledsoe is a better player than Klay Thompson

You tell me? Klay is a better scorer, worse rebounder, worse passer, SIGNIFICANTLY worse defender.

You tell me? Klay is a better scorer, worse rebounder, worse passer, SIGNIFICANTLY worse defender.
    Robin Lopez has a higher PER than Dwight Howard, Jrue Holiday, Steph Curry, David Lee

therefore Robin Lopez >

and Robin Lopez has the same trade value as all.

He doesn't suck. He is just too raw and has a lot to work on. Someone like an Eric Gordon/James Harden would be perfect next to him. A ball dominant two guard basically since Bledsoe's biggest contribution is his defense, rebounding (for his position) and hustle. He has also improved his three point shot (when he is open), greatly.

Now, some people did overrate him, but I still firmly believe he is in the discussion for the best backup point guard in the league with Jarrett Jack, Andre Miller, and, up to this point, Jose Calderon. Doesn't do as good as a starter but is perfect in 15-25 minutes.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    He doesn't suck. He is just too raw and has a lot to work on. Someone like an Eric Gordon/James Harden would be perfect next to him.

Tyreke Evans as well, but yeah on the Clippers hes at his best backing up and bringing in energy.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    Robin Lopez has a higher PER than Dwight Howard, Jrue Holiday, Steph Curry, David Lee

therefore Robin Lopez >

and Robin Lopez has the same trade value as all.
    Did I say PER? I said PER 36 which are adjusted numbers for minutes. Although Bledsoe's PER of 19 shits on Klay's pathetic PER of 13.5 (league average is 15). Klay is just a pretty subpar player. He's a brilliant shooter who can get hot at any time but he doesn't defend, doesn't rebound, doesn't pass and is streaky. Nothing laughable about it. What's crazy is Eric Bledsoe in literally about HALF the minutes played... already has the same win shares as Klay Thompson on the season.

Only reason I said I wanted him for Bledsoe is because the Clippers badly need a lights out shooter from 3 and Klay fills that need.

Did I say PER? Although Bledsoe's PER of 19 shits on Klay's pathetic PER of 13.5 (league average is 15). Klay is just a pretty subpar player. He's a brilliant shooter who can get hot at any time but he doesn't defend, doesn't rebound, doesn't pass and is streaky. Nothing laughable about it. What's crazy is Eric Bledsoe in literally about HALF the minutes played... already has the same win shares as Klay Thompson on the season.
    I don't know how hard this is to understand, you are posting stats per 36 mins, the guy is only good playing spot minutes because his fundamental game sucks, he is a energy guy that is a POINT GUARD. He is basically Tony Allen that is small.