Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
    I rule the local playground

Default Re: Kobe's legacy if Lakers don't make playoffs?

Won't look good at all....but it won't take away from the two rings he won as the leader of the lakers...still one of the best to do it....

But still this is kinda special - lotterysuperteam or big4lotteryteam....either way it is unprecedented....
    Last edited by alleykat; 01-22-2013 at 05:39 AM.

Decent college freshman

i think he will be the most one given the benefit of the doubt.him and gasol.
    both will probably be excused due to aging etc etc.

But the ones with no ring will get more of the press stick ..that is howard, d'antoni and nash

3-time NBA All-Star

Kind of. He's still a top 10 player to me, and before this season I had him at #10 but thinking that maybe he should be ranked ahead of Hakeem and Duncan due to his longevity, and I thought eventually he would be ranked ahead of Hakeem, Duncan, Shaq, Bird, and/or Wilt withat least his longevity, but I don't know anymore. Its always been a little questionable about how much credit he deserves for his titles, especially his first 3, and how much should be attributed to his coach and the talent around him. He obviously hasn't played bad, but his leadership has definitely been questionable this year with the way things are so the credit he deserves for his titles is probably more questionable now to me.

NBA Fan

Kobe's legacy

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Its always been a little questionable about how much credit he deserves for his titles, especially his first 3
    He deserves as much credit as anyone for his '01, '02, '09 and '10 titles. I don't value his first title in '00 title as much as the others, but he was still a top 10 player in the league that year and the best shooting guard in the league. Shaq was easily the MVP for each series but Kobe stepped up in huge moments which is part of the reason I think he isn't as replaceable as people think, even though statistically he wasn't truly elite yet. Also not to mention 2000 was one of Kobe's prime defensive years. He was an AWESOME team defender at that point. He was always flying around for steals and his rotations were excellent and also was great at providing weak-side help and playing the passing lanes/angles. He had the game-saving block against the Blazers in Game 3 of the '00 WCF. His help defense was phenomenal back then, as was his man defense. His only weakness was inability to prevent bigger guards/forwards from posting him up which is why he bulked up in 2001. Guys like Bonzi Wells were the only ones who gave him problems. He was basically like the Lakers free safety.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

kobe Lakers studded roster = MJ 2nd stringer Wizards

Kobe legacy 1a