Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast
    I usually hit open layups

Default How good are NBA players?

Let's say some scrub like Toney Douglas shows up and wants to play a pickup 5vs5..

Would he dominate and potentially score all 11 points?

Default Re: How good are NBA players?

Yes. A complete scrub perimeter player in the NBA would dominate pretty much anywhere..

Use your common sense. Less than 500 NBA players out of how many who play the damn sport? And of course Tony would dominate you and your fakit friends

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    Use your common sense. Less than 500 NBA players out of how many who play the damn sport? And of course Tony would dominate you and your fakit friends
    It doesn't look like that the way Toney plays...

He looks so shaken up out there on the court

Local High School Star Tmuston Beltics's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jack612blue

yh maybe because he is playing against other nba players not in a pick up..

This guy is a professional athlete chosen from the millions of basketball players and is paid a shit load of money too. He can dominate you guys by just shooting 3's over you and your midget friends.

NBA lottery pick

If you and your snot nose friends played a NBA caliber player 5x5, he would dismantle your hearts, dreams, and aspirations of ever playing basketball again. You probably would not ever want to see another basketball in your life. He would deflate your little, "I'm on par with the elite athletes of the world", attitude faster than he would deflate the ball and yell, "SO WHO'S THE SCRUB NOW!"

These guys are professionals at what they do. The boundary between amateur and professional is extraordinary. They breath basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Foster5k
    If you and your snot nose friends played a NBA caliber player 5x5, he would dismantle your hearts, dreams, and aspirations of ever playing basketball again. You probably would not ever want to see another basketball in your life. He would deflate your little, "I'm on par with the elite athletes of the world", attitude faster than he would deflate the ball and yell, "SO WHO'S THE SCRUB NOW!"

These guys are professionals at what they do. The boundary between amateur and professional is extraordinary. They breath basketball.
    Beautiful.....just beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Foster5k

So... if you were guarding him 1vs1 and you gave him enough room for the shot. He could still drive it right by you?

So... if you were guarding him 1vs1 and you gave him enough room for the shot. He could still drive it right by you?

Yes, and even though big men are pretty useless in your basic YMCA or park pick-up game, even someone like Kendrick Perkins would dominate.

I'll try and put it into some context. A kid that graduated from my high school two years ago would come down and play pick-up ball with our usual Sunday night pick-up group. It featured mostly 20-somethings that were pretty damn good high school players and low-level college players (DII, NAIA, JUCO) who were a little out of shape and not quite as good as they were 3-5 years ago. Anyway, the kid I referred to earlier was a D1 football commit to Oklahoma State (don't think he's on the team anymore) and had just led the basketball team to the state championship, beating Archie Goodwin (current Kentucky starter future lottery pick) and his team by 20 in the state championship while scoring 35 points and grabbing 20 rebounds. If he hadn't committed to Oklahoma State for football so early, decent D1 basketball schools would've been all over him. Oklahoma State was going to give him the chance to play both basketball.

The few weeks he came out to play pick-up with us he pretty much did whatever he wanted when he wanted. His team didn't always win, because there was some really good players that sometimes ended up on the same team, but there were games he'd basically score all 11 of his team's points or 10 of 11 and almost single-handily carry them to two or three wins in a row. And like I said, most of the guys I play with are still in their 20's and in fairly good shape, just a few years removed from playing college and/or high school basketball; former All-State/All-Conference level players. That was a mid-major or decent high major D1 caliber player fresh out of high school. Now multiply that by like 1,000 for any NBA scrub and even more for better players; and by scrub I'm talking the worst of the worst end of the bench borderline D-Leaguers.
    Last edited by KG215; 12-30-2012 at 02:21 AM.

Right and also the NBA player has to be of reasonable height as well:

Can't put a 6'10" dude out there with a bunch midgets.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Yes, and even though big men are pretty useless in your basic YMCA or park pick-up game, even someone like Kendrick Perkins would dominate.

I'll try and put it into some context. A kid that graduated from my high school two years ago would come down and play pick-up ball with our usual Sunday night pick-up group. It featured mostly 20-somethings that were pretty damn good high school players and low-level college players (DII, NAIA, JUCO) who were a little out of shape and not quite as good as they were 3-5 years ago. Anyway, the kid I referred to earlier was a D1 football commit to Oklahoma State (don't think he's on the team anymore) and had just led the basketball team to the state championship, beating Archie Goodwin (current Kentucky starter future lottery pick) and his team by 20 in the state championship while scoring 35 points and grabbing 20 rebounds. If he hadn't committed to Oklahoma State for football so early, decent D1 basketball schools would've been all over him. Oklahoma State was going to give him the chance to play both basketball.

The few weeks he came out to play pick-up with us he pretty much did whatever he wanted when he wanted. His team didn't always win, because there was some really good players that sometimes ended up on the same team, but there were games he'd basically score all 11 of his team's points or 10 of 11 and almost single-handily carry them to two or three wins in a row. And like I said, most of the guys I play with are still in their 20's and in fairly good shape, just a few years removed from playing college and/or high school basketball; former All-State/All-Conference level players. That was a mid-major or decent high major D1 caliber player fresh out of high school. Now multiply that by like 1,000 for any NBA scrub and even more for better players; and by scrub I'm talking the worst of the worst end of the bench borderline D-Leaguers.

Wouldn't go that far bro...

i wanna agree with you all, but how do we explain tmac going 10 games in china without winning 1? i guess the chinese leagues are better than scrubs here in the US... but damn it took him forever to get a win

ANY NBA PLAYER would tear the average joe's heart out in a pickup game.