Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
    It was a mirror image of the Dr J reverse layup. You can see it on NBA.com broadband on the video recap

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB

How can you say it doesn't look like Dr. Js move?

Philly fans

College star

It was a mirror image of the Dr J reverse layup. You can see it on NBA.com broadband on the video recap

That played looked nothing like Dr.J's.It looked more like that one Kobe often does.

How can you say it doesn't look like Dr. Js move?

Philly fans
    Has NOTHING to do with Dr J playing for the Sixers. Has more to do with you being the boards biggest Melo groupie. I'm not the only one denying it wasnt either. Guess they are Philly fans as well huh dumbass? Well? Speak up, Melo's nads are holding down ya tongue?

Has NOTHING to do with Dr J playing for the Sixers. Has more to do with you being the boards biggest Melo groupie. I'm not the only one denying it wasnt either. Guess they are Philly fans as well huh dumbass? Well? Speak up, Melo's nads are holding down ya tongue?
    Don't even, Im no more on Melo's nads than you are on Iversons. I don't talk about my favorite player anymore than anyone else talks about theres, probably even less. But that, play looked just like Dr. Js. Sportscenter even took a flashback of the Dr. J play when showing the highlight.

One of Shemps Kids
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I agree with the above statement. Kobe does that move a few times every handful of games.

What made it better than Kobe's is the smoothness, the grace of bringing the ball in a swoop around the back of the goal. Kobe's were more just pure athleticism.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheHonestTruth
    Kobe and Jordan could never do that.
    Sorry, but no. Check the 2:11-2:45 mark of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B25V_B-7yxU

He was 30 years old at the time. The play they show from 4:49-5:09 is also unreal, but whatever -- this isn't a Jordan topic.

I definitely see the similarities between Anthony's move and Dr. J's move, but the Doctor held the ball out there in one hand and pulled it all the way out to the side. He (Dr. J) also covered a lot more distance in the air, though you can only really see this when you see the play from the normal game angle and not the close-up, under-the-basket shot they usually show. Carmelo's just been ridiculous this year, though.

someone youtube this already?

Samurai Swoosh

I need to see this highlight.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Yea I gotta say after this I expected it to be better thn it was. Closer to Stacey Augmon **** than Doctor Js all the way out of bounds fully extended arm borderline slow motion one past Kareem.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    I need to see this highlight.
    Do you have broadband? Go to nba.com and click on "more videos" in the NBA TV Broadband box, then click on the highlights for the Nugs/Pacers game.

Samurai Swoosh

My computer video never works when I try that there. The screen comes up, but the video never plays.

Good High School Starter WuTangWizard's Avatar

Yeah, I can't see the videos on NBA.com either, so if someone can find a youtube video post it.

Kblaze may be right in that I overhyped it a little. Still sweet tho, but seeing it happen live just really charged me up.