NBA lottery pick

Default Andre Drummond Snubbed

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/detroit...0021--nba.html

I think he's been the best C in the East. He's just too young and on a team that is under achieving.

Default Re: Andre Drummond Snubbed

I don't know if he was snubbed. Joe Johnson is the only player I would replace with Drummond definitively. Then you would have 5 bigs on the team.

I think it's because the coaches can see that the aforementioned bigs in the article have more of an impact on the game than Drummond.

Athletic freak yes, but he still commits several mental lapses per game and doesn't have the type of impact a person of his size and athleticism should have.

But I see the argument.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

In my eyes he has more impact on the game than Hibbert, but not Noah...

Hibbert is severely overated because he is good at protecting the rim and that is pretty much it. The Pacers have the best defense due to a number of reasons, him being one, but definitely gets a lot of help from the scheme they have in place...

Drummond impacts the game with every single possession he has. He is so active, so athletic, and is only just starting to understand that if he throws his weight around no one can stop him...

I totally understand why he wasn't included on the team as a big part of the all-star criteria is based on team success. So Hibbert is a no brainer. Best defender on the best team deserves a spot.

I would argue Drummond over Noah though purely because the Bulls are struggling and Noah had a very slow start to the year... But not too angry at this selection either..

Next year will be Dre's year, no doubt...

NBA lottery pick

I think Drummond has a huge impact on the game too. I feel like having the most double-double's in the East says that, not to mention his defensive presence. The sky is the limit for him. Once we get another top 8 pick this offseason (crossing my fingers ) and we have a team that will be in the playoffs next year I think he'll get his first selection.

I don't think he got snubbed.

I love Andre, but I personally feel your team should have to have a winning record in order to be eligible for the Allstar game.

NBA lottery pick

I feel like being on a winning team is part of it, but it shouldn't be weighted as much as it is. I see the side of why he isn't an all-star, but the more I think about it is there really that many centers in the East that are better than him? I can't think of that many in the entire NBA..... The kid is a double double machine.