Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Top 10 playoff game performance against elite defenses since 1985...

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Because Kobe scored 81 against the legendary raptors d.
    Don't even try to pretend like that wasn't the best regular season game performance since Wilt's 100 point game.

Default Re: Top 10 playoff game performance against elite defenses since 1985...

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Why u always bringing up lebron brah? U hella scared he gone surpass kobe.
    Why would he be? Kobe is a top 10 player all-time. Lebron won't be passing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
    Of course you care. That's why you are in this thread attempting to trip me up and failing.
    I care about enough to ask why you chose this criteria. Thought it peculiar you picked a criteria that puts the 69 over the 81 knowing which player you support.

What's there to fail? Just curious if you thought it was a fair criteria and you said it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    How did Lebron do vs the Legendary Mavs D?
    17.8 ppg, 5th leading scoere, outscored by a bench player
    an 8 point game
    Lets pretend that Kobe didnt get shitted on Rip and Billups in the Finals.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...406100DET.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    Lets pretend that Kobe didnt get shitted on Rip and Billups in the Finals.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...406100DET.html
    he atleast had a great game in their only win

Game 2 - 33/4/7 on 14-27 shooting
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...406080LAL.html

and atleast was clutch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM4zS...ailpage#t=172s
    Last edited by Deuce Bigalow; 11-01-2011 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    I care about enough to ask why you chose this criteria. Thought it peculiar you picked a criteria that puts the 69 over the 81 knowing which player you support.

What's there to fail? Just curious if you thought it was a fair criteria and you said it was.
    I put Vince Carter over him and adjusted my initial criteria to include Paul Pierce (my least favorite player), why would I care about Michael Jordan being ahead of him?
    Last edited by Yao Ming's Foot; 11-01-2011 at 06:53 PM.

I put Vince Carter over him and adjusted my initial criteria to include Paul Pierce (my least favorite player), why would I care about Michael Jordan being ahead of him?
    Because 81 is one of the few things Kobe fans have on Jordan. It's in literally every argument against Jordan as an advantage. Just interesting you'd agree that the 69 was above it. That's all really. Nothing too interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Don't even try to pretend like that wasn't the best regular season game performance since Wilt's 100 point game.
    Yao Ming's foot disagrees

Because 81 is one of the few things Kobe fans have on Jordan. It's in literally every argument against Jordan as an advantage. Just interesting you'd agree that the 69 was above it. That's all really. Nothing too interesting.
    81 was the more impressive scoring performance not overall all around game which is what GameScore measures.

81 was the more impressive scoring performance not overall all around game which is what GameScore measures.
    Alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    he atleast had a great game in their only win

Game 2 - 33/4/7 on 14-27 shooting
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...406080LAL.html

and atleast was clutch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM4zS...ailpage#t=172s
    lets compare their FG%s

LeBron was the best player on the Heat in game 1 and 2 while Kobe only helped the Lakers in one and then helped them lose in the other 4 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    lets compare their FG%s

LeBron was the best player on the Heat in game 1 and 2 while Kobe only helped the Lakers in one and then helped them lose in the other 4 games.
    lebron was not the best player in game 2
    game 1 was arguable but I give it to Wade since he closed it out

Kobe atleast made plays in the clutch
    gametying jumper with 2 seconds left to send it to OT + 4 points in OT

While Lebron scored 0 points on 0-7 shooting in the clutch (under 5 min, within 5 pts)

and Kobe wasnt outscored by a bench player or was the 5th leading scorer like lebron

Bump because people forget what the word "elite" really means

David Robinson scored 71, so he is >>> Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Regular Season scoring wise? Sure, the argument can be made. It took tremendous ability, stamina, skill, and relentless aggression. As well as alienating selfishness. And it came against an absolute shit opponent, and crap defense.

VC is the GOAT playoff performance.

Not sure if I missed a Lebron game...

Can one of his apologists chime in please?