Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default European Media: 3 NBA Teams Interested In Zeljko Obradovic

Last year there were a lot of rumors that the Detroit Pistons wanted to hire him, but they didn't. From what I understand, they only would consider something like $1 million a year, and he makes $10 million a year in how the NBA counts salary in his Euroleague team.............so obviously there was zero chance of that happening.

Anyway, they ended up saying they never offered him anything, but yeah, he was never going to even consider them with such a huge salary disparity, so that's normal NBA PR bullshit.

Anyway, now we have European media claiming that 3 NBA teams are interested in him:

https://twitter.com/DjordjeMatic/sta...11697100832770

Ђорђе Матић ‏@DjordjeMatic

3 NBA teams out of play off, drawing interests in coach Zeljko Obradovic for the next season

-------------------------------------------------------------------

But he still is under contract with Fenerbachce at that $10 million a season salary in how the NBA counts salary for one more season, with a personal option for one more year...................

So yeah, I put the chances of this happening at almost zero. Because I don't see any way he passes on all that money, and there is no way in hell any NBA team is paying him anything close to that. I think at max he could get something like $3 million from an NBA team.

So anyway, but now we have both Messina and Obradovic being rumored to be drawing interest from NBA teams at the same time.

If you wonder, Obradovic is better than Messina is, and he isn't as overrated as Messina is. He's still quite massively overrated though. Like Messina, he can only win with an enormous budget and super roster, and even then, he's failed 3 times to even get to the playoffs in Euroleague, with 2 different teams now. And also like Messina, he plays a style of basketball that is rapidly becoming quite outdated in Euroleague, and just does not seem to work anymore in modern basketball.

So clown trolls copying and pasting all of their "accomplishments" from Wikipedia are brain dead morons. That basketball of theirs is clearly about 5 years antiquated in the Euroleague, and their style of basketball quite frankly just does not work anymore.

But hey, maybe it would still work in the NBA, considering that the NBA is about 30 years behind in offensive tactics. Popovich talks about how these guys are way ahead of NBA coaches in their schemes, which gives you an idea, as they are practically dinosaurs scheme wise in Euroleague.

It's amusing to me though how a European coach like Ivkovic is out there and available and probably much cheaper than both of them, and he's vastly better than either of them, and NBA teams don't even consider him. I guess it's because he turned down the Nuggets job when they offered it to him in 2003, and because he's so old now. But still, I mean damn, if they wanted a European coach so damn bad at least give him a freaking call before they call these guys that can't even be put in the same sentence with him.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 04-20-2014 at 06:31 PM.

Default Re: European Media: 3 NBA Teams Interested In Zeljko Obradovic

all of a sudden EUROLEAGUE appears out of nowhere.

Sunshine State

NBA teams are trying to sign me too but you don't see me making threads about it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Le Shaqtus
    NBA teams are trying to sign me too but you don't see me making threads about it.
    how much salary are you making in the way the NBA calculates it because we all know in europe the salaries end up being millions of dollars more than what is officially reported. Living expenses come out to crazy figures like an extra 5 million a year to live in broke ass cities where rent is cheap.

Is he good?

again bullshit is coming out his mouth. he doesen't provide source. enjoy trolling about his delusional agenda. ivkovic's nutt rider, any coach who wasn't involved in olympiakos is overrated. His source is unverified twitter status. Bunch of false rumors. He is beyond troll. I just can't read his stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    how much salary are you making in the way the NBA calculates it because we all know in europe the salaries end up being millions of dollars more than what is officially reported. Living expenses come out to crazy figures like an extra 5 million a year to live in broke ass cities where rent is cheap.
    You ****ing idiot.

3.5 million euros NET INCOME base salary plus 200,000 euros NET INCOME bonus.

That equals about $10 million US dollars GROSS salary, which is how the NBA reports income.

Stop being a ****ing bitch.

His english sucks [COLOR="Black"]a[/COLOR]ss. How the hell is this dude gonna communicate with his players?

I want him to be wired so I can see his huddles. I wanna all the players' reactions
    Player 1: "wtf is this dude saying?"
    Player 2: "dunno, im just nodding my head"

Quote Originally Posted by duskovujosevic
    again bullshit is coming out his mouth. he doesen't provide source. enjoy trolling about his delusional agenda. ivkovic's nutt rider, any coach who wasn't involved in olympiakos is overrated. His source is unverified twitter status. Bunch of false rumors. He is beyond troll. I just can't read his stuff.
    That's a Serbian journalist. A Serbian sports writer. It's not an unverified Twitter account.

Stop making false accusations.

Obradovic with 35 million euros budget missed the playoffs 3 times. Twice with Panathinaikos and now once with Fenerbache. Don't deny facts and truth.

Ivkovic is CLEARLY a better coach than him, and it has nothing to do with anything related with Olympiacos. Every single person that has basic basketball 101 knowledge will tell you Ivkovic is a far better coach, FAR BETTER than Obradovic.

There is no need to start making false accusations.

It's all FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    You ****ing idiot.

3.5 million euros NET INCOME base salary plus 200,000 euros NET INCOME bonus.

That equals about $10 million US dollars GROSS salary, which is how the NBA reports income.

Stop being a ****ing bitch.

The highest paid player in the Euroleague earns $1,000 US dollars a year because he's a shitty player

stahppp lyinggg about the salaries. Lying isn't good

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    all of a sudden EUROLEAGUE appears out of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    His english sucks [COLOR="Black"]a[/COLOR]ss. How the hell is this dude gonna communicate with his players?

I want him to be wired so I can see his huddles. I wanna all the players' reactions
    Player 1: "wtf is this dude saying?"
    Player 2: "dunno, im just nodding my head"
    He's never going to accept any NBA contract. Can't you read? He's making what is the same as $10 million a year NBA salary in Turkey.

Do you think any NBA team is going to offer even remotely close to half that?

NBA teams might want him and even offer him a deal, but he's not accepting it. There is no way in hell he's taking such a gigantic pay cut.

Maybe 2 years from now when that contract is over, or maybe even one year from now, if he has another disaster year with his team like this year and they force him out. But not now. No way is he giving up that kind of money right now.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 04-20-2014 at 06:44 PM.

American Media: No one gives a shit

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    The highest paid player in the Euroleague earns $1,000 US dollars a year because he's a shitty player

stahppp lyinggg about the salaries. Lying isn't good
    The highest salary ever earned in Houston is $50 a year.

See how easy that is?

Go to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    He's never going to accept any NBA contract. Can't you read? He's making what is the same as $10 million a year NBA salary in Turkey.

Do you think any NBA team is going to offer even remotely close to half that?

NBA teams might want him and even offer him a deal, but he's not accepting it. There is no way in hell he's taking such a gigantic pay cut.

Maybe 2 years from now when that contract is over, or maybe even one year from now, if he has another disaster year with his team like this year and they force him out. But now now. No way is he giving up that kind of money right now.
    Then why the hell did you make this thread if you know he's not going to accept the offer?