Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Steam Summer Sale

Yep , got deus ex. Also just got allan wake for tree dorras

Got all the DLC I was missing for Civilization V for $5. Mirrors Edge for $3 as well.

Can someone get me Receiver?

Local High School Star intrinsic's Avatar

That was fun. Those trading cards transformed steam into diablo for 2 weeks.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsic
    That was fun. Those trading cards transformed steam into diablo for 2 weeks.
    The only badge I crafted was the one for the sale to boost me to level 10. Sold everything else. I'm still selling all the cards I earn.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    The only badge I crafted was the one for the sale to boost me to level 10. Sold everything else. I'm still selling all the cards I earn.
    I didn't even bother with that once I learned what the rewards were. Somewhere in the neighborhood of $11 for selling all of my cards. Not bad.

Just checked out my steam, saw you guys talking about cards and badges.. I have a few from Crusader Kings II, what's the deal with these things?

Games "drop" cards. Really, all that means is, launch a game and leave it open for a few hours and you'll find those cards in your inventory. You can play the game if you want, it doesn't matter after launching it.

Badges are crafted from those cards. Badges, as far as I can tell, reward stuff like profile backgrounds and vanity items like that. Alternatively, you can sell your cards on the marketplace for between 11-50 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsic
    Games "drop" cards. Really, all that means is, launch a game and leave it open for a few hours and you'll find those cards in your inventory. You can play the game if you want, it doesn't matter after launching it.

Badges are crafted from those cards. Badges, as far as I can tell, reward stuff like profile backgrounds and vanity items like that. Alternatively, you can sell your cards on the marketplace for between 11-50 cents.
    I also noticed "the bigger picture" it was almost like the Steam application became an interactive tutorial thing like when you buy a new computer..

Thanks for clearing that up, would rep.

Also, how do you make the badges, I clicked on the cards but all I could do was zoom in and then zoom in some more.
    Last edited by Anti Hero; 07-28-2013 at 11:23 PM.

I didn't craft one, but I'm guessing you click the area where it has the badge name and XP.

last thing i got was trine 2 for tree dollaz again. ive only been selling badges that i have extra. id give it away for free but steam wont allow, so ive been selling it at .03 cents and getting back a 1.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by Bucket_Nakedz
    last thing i got was trine 2 for tree dollaz again. ive only been selling badges that i have extra. id give it away for free but steam wont allow, so ive been selling it at .03 cents and getting back a 1.
    You should check the market first and then undercut the price by 1 cent. So If I see one selling for $0.15, I put it up for 0.12 or so and it gets listed at 0.14 (Valve takes a cut of it). People are nuts. Every card I've put up has sold within 1 minute.

Anybody got any recommendations for a good real time strategy game on Steam.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

**** yeah i made 26 cents today by playing a game of csgo

im going to try to play enough to pay for some keys to open up those stupid crates i've gotten in tf2.

Local High School Star clipse026's Avatar

Finally got around to playing Civ 5 after buying it 2 sales ago. God damn it's addicting. I beat a tiny map on easy after like 13 hours and maxing every single tech tree and like 5 of the policies. Pretty damn fun. I love the "wait one more turn" option, and I of course clicked it. I had a nuke to use that I didn't want to waste.