Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: And now Miami have a quality 6th man

Ray Allen shouldn't come anywhere near the 6th Man award if the Heat's season goes well. He's there to hit game-winners. If the Heat ask him to play 25+ mpg they're going to wear him down and he'll end the season hurt over there just like he did here. In the regular season they should only ask him to back up Wade.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Cole should be alot better and more confident this year along with Chalmers makes an underrated one/two punch at PG for the HEat. If Miller is HEalthy(ier) that is also a big boost. Of Course Ray Ray being HEalthy will be Huge but the Biggest thing is for Dwade to be healthy cause a Healthy Lebron and Wade makes for an almost unstoppable Heat team.

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    Biggest thing is for Dwade to be healthy cause a Healthy Lebron and Wade makes for an almost unstoppable Heat team.
    Did you see the preseason game v.s. Clipps?

Besides the jumpers being off, Wade and LeBron looked great. Especially defensively.

LeBron was looking more limber and even quicker than he did in 2012, which in itself was an improvement from 2011 when he was plodding and slow.

Decent college freshman Mr. Incredible's Avatar

The haters ITT.

Going to be a long season for them.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Ray Allen shouldn't come anywhere near the 6th Man award if the Heat's season goes well. He's there to hit game-winners. If the Heat ask him to play 25+ mpg they're going to wear him down and he'll end the season hurt over there just like he did here. In the regular season they should only ask him to back up Wade.
    Yeah, this dream scenario where both he and Wade are going to put up ridiculous numbers is just that. People seem to forget that there still has to be enough touches for not only Lebron, but Bosh/Chalmers/Battier/Lewis as well. The ideal would be as you said, play Ray as a backup to Wade.

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    Did you see the preseason game v.s. Clipps?

Besides the jumpers being off, Wade and LeBron looked great. Especially defensively.

LeBron was looking more limber and even quicker than he did in 2012, which in itself was an improvement from 2011 when he was plodding and slow.
    True. But in 2011 LeBron's jumper was really good. He became overly reliant on it, though, and that came back to bite him in the Finals when it stopped falling and he lost all his confidence (my theory at least, his finals is still kind of inexplicable as JVG said). Last year his jumper was good the first half of the year, less so in the 2nd half and really fell off in the playoffs. Luckily, he was able to find other ways to score as you said, but I'd like to see a happy medium between jumpshooting LeBron and drive to the hoop LeBron. If his jumper is on and he still has the drive, stuff like game 6 against Boston happens Hopefully he shoots more consistently this season.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Who said I was talking about the percentages? You said he'd have to shoot better than 20% for us to have a chance. Clearly you're wrong. Its a championship winning formula.

I don't have to avoid anything like the plague. My team won because of his play.
    Backpedaling at its worst

I said that in order for them to shoot even better than they did in the finals, Lebron would have to shoot better, not their shooters who were already excellent. I didn't say "for them to have a chance". So you were obviously referring to his FG%.

Just admit it, you thought your idol shot better than that. I know, it's shocking that they still won, but that's what happens when you surround yourself with ridiculous amount of talent and leave the rest to the refs. And to think that some of you fools tried to act like he had a historic finals series

Was he great in the earlier series? Yes. Was he anything special in the finals? I'll let you answer that one.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Don't worry....our Lakers will do just fine when we meet in the Finals.

You should fine a better picture of Nash for your avatar.

Nash in a Lakers jersey...

Don't worry, Pittman won't break nash's nose again.

Lebron can shoot 20% from outside the paint all he wants if he shoots at the same percentage he did from in the paint last year

Over 60% while taking a lot more shots there too

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Ray is definitely the 6th man on Miami, but I doubt he'll win the award. He'll probably average somewhere between 10-15 points a game. Now, that's a huge improvement for Miami, but probably not enough to be the best in the league. I still think Harden has the inside track.

oh, so i guess battier was a scrub. he was the one who guarded durant for most of the series

College star

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Who said I was talking about the percentages? You said he'd have to shoot better than 20% for us to have a chance. Clearly you're wrong. Its a championship winning formula.

I don't have to avoid anything like the plague. My team won because of his play.
    Dude gets hit with the stats then starts moonwalking all over the place

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Ray can play about 20 MPG and not have to worry about contributing big on offense. He was one of the 3 main offensive options in Boston. Here he is arguably only 4th. I just want to see him on the floor with the Big 3 and Lewis.

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    Lebron
    Allen
    Battier
    Lewis
    Bosh

Lebron + four 3 point shooters. They should try it sometimes.
    sure, the suns and cavs won many championships that way

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    Dude gets hit with the stats then starts moonwalking all over the place
    Who?