View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 12:10 PM   #43
97 bulls
NBA Superstar

Default Re: And then Pippen did this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwink23
nd now for the next installment of the "silly argument that we're having because Scottie Pippen said something." If you missed it or tried to make yourself forget, Pippen said that LeBron James may be a better overall basketball player than Michael Jordan. As a result, there was quite a bit of harumphing and yelling.

LeBron accepted the compliment from Pippen but ultimately disagreed. Well, add in former Chicago teammate Horace Grant as someone that doesn't agree with Pippen. Via Sports Radio Interviews:

ďWOW! Pip is my man and you know we will always be close, but I totally disagree. LeBron is gonna be one of the top players to ever play the game but Michael Jeffrey Jordan, who we bump heads at times is I think in my era the best basketball player to ever play the game.Ē

Grant was then asked if maybe Pippen was upset with Jordan over something, if there was some unknown grudge that caused the comment.

ď(Laughing) I hope not, I donít think so, but you know to say that somebody, I mean listen, Iím mean Iím kinda at a loss of words cause Michael Jordan I mean when you win numerous MVPs and youíve taken the team to six championships and probably could have been eight if he didnít retire those two years. You know MVPís and the playoffs and the championships I mean man he made us better, he made believe me, he, myself, Scottie, BJ, even Bill Cartwright who I still love, he made us better players.

"He gave us that confidence, but first we had to earn his trust and once we earned his trust man you know you saw championship after championship and as far as talent wise, thatís no man. Who do you want to take that last shot when three seconds are left in the game? Who do you want the ball in their hands the last 3 seconds? He proved that he can score the last few seconds of a ball game or if he gets double teamed that Steve Kerr or John Paxson are right there so you know I love Scottie, but I totally disagree.

Scottie Pippen on Michael Jordan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4sj1LmYgh8

Starting at 1:30 to 2:45
what does this post have to do with anything? I agree that was an idiotic thing for pippen to say. Doesn't mean anything as far as pippen on the court
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote