Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Lin

Default Re: Jeremy Lin

pretty sure amare will easily assimilate to lins play. question is whether melo can buy into it

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2
    pretty sure amare will easily assimilate to lins play. question is whether melo can buy into it
    I agree. I liek Melo more but Amare's game fits more with Lin's. This is where good coaching is paramount.

I dont think Toney Douglas played at all last night. He looked like he was going to cry on the bench. When there was a timeout, he was giving the funniest hi-5's and chest bumps. I almost felt bad for him.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    I agree. I liek Melo more but Amare's game fits more with Lin's. This is where good coaching is paramount.

I dont think Toney Douglas played at all last night. He looked like he was going to cry on the bench. When there was a timeout, he was giving the funniest hi-5's and chest bumps. I almost felt bad for him.
    Good. Maybe he will learn to stop chucking threes on 5 of every 6 shots, and finally learn how to distribute to teammates.

Krust Kingz

[COLOR="Navy"]Its going to be more difficult I think for Melo because he is going to need to be more decisive with the ball. In D'Antoni's system you cant hold the ball to watch what the defense does you have to shoot/attack/pass.[/COLOR]

Learning to shoot layups Mavsman22's Avatar

Krust Kingz

[COLOR="Navy"]I hope he sticks on the team. I need someone on the Knicks to root for. I would buy his Jersey. I think the last Jersey I ever bought was Sprewell. [/COLOR]

im pumped for todays game, i know its the lakers and with our lineup, its gonna be tough, but somwhere inside of me, i feel like we can pull it off.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Lin is playing very well right now. I hope he can keep it up. I also hope the city doesn't get sucked in the hype and force the organization to lock this guy up in a deal that they will want out of in two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    Lin is playing very well right now. I hope he can keep it up. I also hope the city doesn't get sucked in the hype and force the organization to lock this guy up in a deal that they will want out of in two years.

Repped (well I tried but they won't let me).

I like Lin. I love what he's brought to the table lately. However, I do think we should still look for a pg in the offseason. He could be a few bad games from the d-league all over again. No trouble in searching for a sure thing.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by franchize

Repped (well I tried but they won't let me).

I like Lin. I love what he's brought to the table lately. However, I do think we should still look for a pg in the offseason. He could be a few bad games from the d-league all over again. No trouble in searching for a sure thing.
    I agree with both you and KO, but here is the question.....

If Lin keeps up some of this remarkable play for the duration of the season, and another team tries to swoop in and lock him up, do you match the offer?

Or.......let him walk ala Steve Nash?

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    I agree with both you and KO, but here is the question.....

If Lin keeps up some of this remarkable play for the duration of the season, and another team tries to swoop in and lock him up, do you match the offer?

Or.......let him walk ala Steve Nash?
    Honestly if another team offers the full midlevel exception (apprx $5 million per) you pretty much have to let Lin walk.

Despite the assist numbers he doesn't see the floor very well. I was at the game against the Wizards on Wednesday. There were plenty of plays where Lin simply lost track of what was happening on the weak side of the floor.

That isn't a huge problem right now because teams are still learning what type of player he is. In a year or two when teams figure Lin out he will not have these types of games nearly as frequently.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    Honestly if another team offers the full midlevel exception (apprx $5 million per) you pretty much have to let Lin walk.

Despite the assist numbers he doesn't see the floor very well. I was at the game against the Wizards on Wednesday. There were plenty of plays where Lin simply lost track of what was happening on the weak side of the floor.

That isn't a huge problem right now because teams are still learning what type of player he is. In a year or two when teams figure Lin out he will not have these types of games nearly as frequently.
    IDK guy, specifically if Lin were to continue his good play, not the points of course, I really don't see how the Knicks could seriously let him go with no pg on the roster.

Besides he's somewhat of a RFA anyway, so there is limits to what a team can offer him, I think similar to Deandre Jordan.

I see you're saying he doesn't see the floor well.

What exactly did you see that he didn't?

His vision is actually what is driving his good play, the ability to see players cut, screen, open lanes to the basket.

Plus a week ago he admitted he had never played with these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    IDK guy, specifically if Lin were to continue his good play, not the points of course, I really don't see how the Knicks could seriously let him go with no pg on the roster.

Besides he's somewhat of a RFA anyway, so there is limits to what a team can offer him, I think similar to Deandre Jordan.

I see you're saying he doesn't see the floor well.

What exactly did you see that he didn't?

His vision is actually what is driving his good play, the ability to see players cut, screen, open lanes to the basket.

Plus a week ago he admitted he had never played with these guys.
    Lin focuses on the players near him instead of the rim. With that, he can only see one side of the floor at a time. There were a number of plays where he missed the open man because of it and ended up dribbling into traffic.

Also, Lin just can not split a trap/hard hedge coming off a ballscreen. The quickness and arm length of defenders make it basically impossible for him to pull off. Once teams realize that they will change how the play him. It will make the limited vision all the more apparent.

My main concern is that I don't want the team and fanbase to get sucked into his production for this month. The Knicks play a lot of teams this month that have just been horrible about defending point guards. I don't want to see them hand him a $5 million a year deal that they will regret in two seasons.

Depends on what you mean by "keeps up his remarkable play." If he's getting 20 and 8, yea I'll show him the money.If he comes back down to Earth and maintains about 10 and 4, no way am I going above my mid level. I'll offer him half.