Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast

Default Re: ESPN Los Angeles : "Nobody wants to play with Kobe"

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    You know my point very well, the first half of the season it seemed like he was unable to sacrifice his shot, and not be clear man. There were some stretches where he was shooting almost averaging 26 FG per game. He then became an assist guy for the better of the team, and that dramatically lowered his FG attempts, but I feel the damage had been done because of that FIRST PART of the season. It would give many players an uneasy feeling even though he forced himself to pass more at a later point.

If you had any reading comprehension you would have noticed that I was talking about the first part of the season in my original post, and then the other guy (I never pay attentions to names) came back showing full season stats, when everybody knows that Kobe stopped shooting a lot less shot.
    Even up to that first 14 assist game, he averaged 22.1 but shot 46%. You have to remember though, up until that game Nash, Gasol and Blake had missed a lot of the season. It was either him or injured Dwight. Jamison had been benched for the last month and a half and Metta is Metta.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

You know my point very well, the first half of the season it seemed like he was unable to sacrifice his shot, and make it clear that he was the man of the team. There were some stretches where he was shooting almost averaging 26 FG per game. He then became an assist guy for the better of the team, and that dramatically lowered his FG attempts, but I feel the damage had been done because of that FIRST PART of the season. It would give many players an uneasy feeling even though he forced himself to pass more at a later point.

If you had any reading comprehension you would have noticed that I was talking about the first part of the season in my original post, and then the other guy (I never pay attentions to names) came back showing full season stats, when everybody knows that Kobe started shooting a lot less.

the first half of the season? you mean when Steve Nash, Dwight, and Paul Gasol were all injured?

yes kobe clearly should have been deferring to Morris and Goudeblock

sit yo mark ass down, CHANG!
    Last edited by STATUTORY; 06-28-2013 at 04:38 PM.

The ISH'ers Champion!

If there is a poster I hardly pay attention to in this board is jstern. He lacks the charisma of bottomline idiots in the forum and lacks the basic intelligence of a half @ssed LBJ stan.

Decent college freshman Doctor Rivers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    As a Kobe hater, this thread is useless. The short clip posted was useless. Get something harder next time.

Keep it tight for me The-Legend-24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    the first half of the season? you mean when Steve Nash, Dwight, and Paul Gasol were all injured?

yes kobe clearly should have been deferring to Morris and Goudeblock

sit yo mark ass down, CHANG!
    These lame nikkas don't watch any fvcking games. Straight talking out of their ass.

You know my point very well, the first half of the season it seemed like he was unable to sacrifice his shot, and make it clear that he was the man of the team. There were some stretches where he was shooting almost averaging 26 FG per game. He then became an assist guy for the better of the team, and that dramatically lowered his FG attempts, but I feel the damage had been done because of that FIRST PART of the season. It would give many players an uneasy feeling even though he forced himself to pass more at a later point.

If you had any reading comprehension you would have noticed that I was talking about the first part of the season in my original post, and then the other guy (I never pay attentions to names) came back showing full season stats, when everybody knows that Kobe started shooting a lot less.

that helps your argument even less. Nash Gasol were both injured.

Quote Originally Posted by PickernRoller
    If there is a poster I hardly pay attention to in this board is jstern. He lacks the charisma of bottomline idiots in the forum and lacks the basic intelligence of a half @ssed LBJ stan.

Quote Originally Posted by crisoner
    Sorry what you just wrote is utter bullsh.t and fodder for all these agenda Kobe hating clones. While it is true Kobe is a remnant of the past Jordan era...he recently won two titles in three straight final runs doing things his way.

This super team friend sh.t is for the birds. You kids now a days act like all pussfied if somebody need to put a foot in your a$$ to show you the way. That's what Bird did....magic....Malone....Jordan. Really f.ck this friend LeBron working out with Durant BS. You kids reflect LeBron's oh I can't win in Cleveland so I'll scheme my way to play with my friends in Miami BS!

**** the LeBron generation!!! You freaking kids act so entitled I wish I can smack all of you with nine inches of limp d.ck!
    Go back to your mamas crying that Kobe is a meany.
    You tight pants Capre wearing f.cks!!!!
    All of you are f.cking pu$$ys.
    He mad.

Banned

Let's just end the argument before someone posts another paragraph. Lebron > Kobe

Simple as that.

Good college starter Noob Saibot's Avatar

the end of the Kobe era?

I don't think nobody wants to play with Kobe, winners like him. He's driven. With that said I'm sure it's DIFFICULT playing with Kobe. There is a difference. His leadership style, his approach to the game, the way he endears himself to teammates (if he trusts them) ... it takes a certain mentality to be able to play and flourish with someone like that ... new era softies wouldn't be able to manage it. They need constant ego strokes, never any criticism. With that said, Kobe isn't always the most mature, consistent, and competent leader. He's not a gatherer type personality to get people to want to play hard for them. He shot jacks (which at 34 is a problem) and in the last few years takes off on defense, then throws his teammates under the bus, hardly ever rewarding them by making plays to get them in the game. It's a slipper slope. Kobe alienated Dwight Howard, but on the same token Dwight Howard is a bitch and didn't put his big boy pants and learn to mesh with Kobe to make it work, either.

Banned

Looks like the Kobe stans cannot explain LA hasn't attracted any quality veteran free agents signing for cheap ever since Shaq left town.

For those that actually play basketball(I doubt many of the Kobe stans actually do) Kobe is the cocky black kid that comes to the court, hogs the ball the entire time and taking contested jump shots. When he makes his first jump shot after 10 tries he starts talking shit. He will also call for the ball constantly, never pass, play no defense, and yell at his teammates constantly even though he is sucking ass.

Noone wants to play with that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMontana
    Looks like the Kobe stans cannot explain LA hasn't attracted any quality veteran free agents signing for cheap ever since Shaq left town.

For those that actually play basketball(I doubt many of the Kobe stans actually do) Kobe is the cocky black kid that comes to the court, hogs the ball the entire time and taking contested jump shots. When he makes his first jump shot after 10 tries he starts talking shit. He will also call for the ball constantly, never pass, play no defense, and yell at his teammates constantly even though he is sucking ass.

Noone wants to play with that guy.
    I already told you, Antawn Jamison. One year removed from averaging 16ppg. I won't even say anything about the black kid analogy

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KobesFinger
    I already told you, Antawn Jamison. One year removed from averaging 16ppg. I won't even say anything about the black kid analogy
    Antawn Jamison sucks. He wouldn't even see the court for the Heat.

16 PPG on 40% shooting on a 21 win team is far from impressive.

Guy does nothing. Gets burnt by anyone on defense, can't rebound, isn't even a great shooter. Have fun with that. Just another inefficient chucker.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMontana
    Antawn Jamison sucks. He wouldn't even see the court for the Heat.

16 PPG on 40% shooting on a 21 win team is far from impressive.

Guy does nothing. Gets burnt by anyone on defense, can't rebound, isn't even a great shooter. Have fun with that. Just another inefficient chucker.
    Did you not see him play at all last season? Averaged 9 and 5 off the bench and shot above his career average. I don't need anyone to tell me he's a horrible defender. But to say he's a chucker and can't rebound after one inefficient season is dumb.

Aside from Ray Allen, what quality free agents have taken pay cuts to join the Heat?