Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Greatest Sixers of all time, Iverson or Wilt or Dr J

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    76ers Barkley is not even close to what Allen Iverson was
    76er's Barkley was a better player than Iverson. Iverson's only argument is that he was there longer.

Wilt
    Iverson
    Dr. J

fvck Dr. J

Banned

Are you nuts?

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

as much as i love AI

Doctor J
    Iverson (stan, sorry)
    Wilt
    Moses
    Barkley

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Barkley was the better player than Iverson was, but Iverson took the 76ers further than him.

Wilt, Moses Malone and Dr. J brought more to the table than both of them in terms of being apart of team success because they won a championship. Dr. J been in multiple finals and Moses Malone and Dr. J were apart of the 83 76ers, one of the best teams of all time. The 67 team is also considered to be one of the best.

Wilt probably hold the most records than them all. And probably had the best individual prime.

But I guess it's a mixture of all the above. Who has been here longer, who has brought more to the table, who stayed the most competitive for long periods of time, and who was the best player? Or...who had the most prestige during their respected time.

dr. j he brought the team a championship

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    Barkley was the better player than Iverson was, but Iverson took the 76ers further than him.

Wilt, Moses Malone and Dr. J brought more to the table than both of them in terms of being apart of team success because they won a championship. Dr. J been in multiple finals and Moses Malone and Dr. J were apart of the 83 76ers, one of the best teams of all time. The 67 team is also considered to be one of the best.

Wilt probably hold the most records than them all. And probably had the best individual prime.

But I guess it's a mixture of all the above. Who has been here longer, who has brought more to the table, who stayed the most competitive for long periods of time, and who was the best player? Or...who had the most prestige during their respected time.
    Barkley was going against teams that were light years better than the teams Iverson faced. He was going against Bird's Celtics, Isiah's Pistons and Jordan's Bulls. Iverson that year was going against Ray Allen's Bucks and Vince Carter's Raptors. Not even close to same kind of competition.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes
    Barkley was going against teams that were light years better than the teams Iverson faced. He was going against Bird's Celtics, Isiah's Pistons and Jordan's Bulls. Iverson that year was going against Ray Allen's Bucks and Vince Carter's Raptors. Not even close to same kind of competition.
    Yeah, I'm not questioning that. I'm just analysis what each player did in their respective era. But you're right that the competition in the East was better in the early 00s. Depending on the year, I think there were multiple teams in the 80s that didn't make it to the Finals that could beat the 01 76ers. At least they were way more talented than that team.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    Mr. Fo, Fo, Fo is above Barkley as a 76er, imo.

Iverson is over Doc

And I will leave it at that

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by houston
    dr. j he brought the team a championship
    So did Wilt. Moses was the best player on '83 team.

Quote Originally Posted by Micku

While I love the Doc, Wilt is the best Sixer of all time. This is from someone who never saw Wilt in real time, but the stories about him and his stats in the Philly area are legendary. Wilt battled those great Celtic teams, and while coming away a loser most of the time, when he finally broke through, the Sixers had built one of the great teams in NBA history.

The Sixers-Celtics rivalry used to be as good as any in sports, and it was due to those battles in the 60s. Now Doc is 2nd best because he continued the rivalry, and came away beating Bird in a fair share of H2H battles in the Playoffs. Then of course, Doc also won a title in 1983.

So it's 1.Wilt 2. Doc 3. Moses 4.Iverson 5.Barkley.. Except for Wilt, I saw them all. Andrew Toney could have been a beast.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Audio One's Avatar

Iverson was outscoring Barkley in slower-paced leagues, and has four scoring titles in the same timespan. Higher career ppg and totals points scored. Neither are lockdown defenders, but Iverson was a better defender, as evidenced by his two Big East DPOY honors from Georgetown, and his three steals titles, two of which came when he was leading the league in minutes, and was top-3 in scoring. He led his collegiate teams further, and is still the Hoyas all-time leading scorer. His '01 run beats anything Barkley ever did. He's led the league in scoring, steals, minutes, and top-5 in dimes all in the same 82 . Iverson and Jordan only 2 players to score at least 50 twice in same playoff series. Jordan, Wilt and Iverson only players with at least 3 50 point playoff games. Iverson most steals in a playoff game. Iverson 4 straight seasons Top 10 scoring and assists. Jordan and Iverson only players to lead the NBA in scoring and steals at least twice in the same season. Iverson and Jordan highest usage rate in a season Jordan 88 and Iverson 2001. Second highest ppg average in playoff history. He had better discipline, he had more skill, his will to win was unquestionably better. I love both, don't get me wrong, I just give the nod to Iverson for doing what he did, in a tougher era, while being just 5'11 or so, in a league which Barkley had it easier, remember they created the five-second b2tb rule because of Barkley. Someone'll bring up efficiency, but we already saw what he could do when handchecking was vanquished, 33-3-7.5 on 45% with two steals

Iverson and Michael Jordan are the two greatest competitors I have ever watched play the game

In my opinion:

Stilt

Iverson
    Barkley
    Moses
    Erving

I personally think Erving gets overrated a lot due to his ABA career

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J4ever
    While I love the Doc, Wilt is the best Sixer of all time. This is from someone who never saw Wilt in real time, but the stories about him and his stats in the Philly area are legendary. Wilt battled those great Celtic teams, and while coming away a loser most of the time, when he finally broke through, the Sixers had built one of the great teams in NBA history.

The Sixers-Celtics rivalry used to be as good as any in sports, and it was due to those battles in the 60s. Now Doc is 2nd best because he continued the rivalry, and came away beating Bird in a fair share of H2H battles in the Playoffs. Then of course, Doc also won a title in 1983.

So it's 1.Wilt 2. Doc 3. Moses 4.Iverson 5.Barkley.. Except for Wilt, I saw them all. Andrew Toney could have been a beast.
    I'd like to hear your take on why Moses and Dr. J are better than Iverson, 'cause personally I just don't see it.