Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: Lebron vs Hakeem.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Nah, from what i have seen these last 4 years Lebron was easily the most productive/dominant/impactful player and please notice the "+" hinting at the probability of him being the best player for more years in the upcoming seasons aswell.... Lebron was unquestionably the best player in the world for at least 2 years, but only because he won the championship.... in reality he was that same dominant/productive/impactful player for many more years, he just didnt have the benefits of greater supporting cast....

Unlike Hakeem, Lebron was/is the most dominant player in the world.... in the universe.... Lebron didnt need for the actual best player in the world to take a vacation from the league (Michael Jordan) to be the best player in the NBA or win a championship........ Not trying to downplay Hakeem, but it is very true that its unlikely Hakeem would have been the best player or even won a championship if the actual best player in the world didnt take the vacation....
    He wasn't, best player in the world doesn't quit on his team.... two years in a row. In no universe is that a dominant player or a best player. There's no case besides statistics for that crazy claim. Or dickriding, but I'm not a type of person to downplay a human just because he likes a player more than a team. Again, I'm not trying to insult you or anybody on this site, i'm just naming possibilities

Wasn't former MVP rose injured in LeBron's PO run? And the most dominant defensive force and center in the league dwight howard? Or the whole knicks team banged up as sh*t? Or this year there's no top 3 player kobe, no rose, no rondo, no granger, no amare (maybe, dunno will he play in PO) and many more great players that aren't all-stars but are crucial to their teams? C'mon dude, it's not like this isn't the weakest league in yeaaars. And I do realize that's not LeBron's fault, I don't nitpick him for that, but when you compare Hakeem's path to his both championships and LeBron's to his both(as he's 60% likely to win this year, i'll say both) it's not even close.

Horry has called hakeem the best center ever, MJ has done it, Shaq has done it, there's something to that man

Clutchbrook Activated WWRWestbrookDo?'s Avatar

List of all their accolades:

..........................LeBron.................H akeem..............
    MVP........................4...................... ...1..................
    FMVP......................1....................... ...2.................
    CHAMP....................1........................ ..2.................
    1st All-NBA..............7..........................6..... ............
    1st All-Defensive.......5..........................5...... ...........
    ROTY.....................Yes...................... .No................
    DPOY......................0....................... ...2.................
    Best Player...........4+ years................2 years.............
    All-Star....................9........................1 2.................
    All-Star MVP.............2.........................0....... ...........
    POTM.....................25....................... .5..................
    ....................................STATS......... ......................
    PPG.......................27.6.................... .21.8...............
    RPG........................7.3.................... ..11.1..............
    APG........................6.9.................... ...2.5...............
    SPG........................1.7.................... ...1.7...............
    BPG........................0.8.................... ....3.1..............
    TS%......................57.5%...................5 5.3%...........
    eFG%.....................52.4%...................5 1.3%...........
    WS/48....................24.1.....................17. 7..............
    PER........................27.6................... ..23.6..............

What say you? I think LeBron already has a very strong case..... and i think if he gets another FMVP/Championship this season then its really not that debatable anymore...

I rest my case... you obviously have nothing to come with except disagreement with what is infront of your eyes...
    It's a subjective ranking, that's not why I facepalmed. The problem is, if you are using the table in your OP to make this determination, quite a few of your criteria are flawed:

1st All-NBA - 90s centers are far more competitive than current forwards; in addition, Hakeem had to fight for only one spot on the first team (as opposed to the 2 forward spots)

1st All-Defensive - same as above

ROTY - I don't know why you'd mention this

All-Star MVP - same

POTM - there are two awards now, while there was only one for most (all?) of Hakeem's career

WS/48 - highly flawed box score metric

PER - I'm not going to get into this again

Decent playground baller Kovach's Avatar

Offensive player? No... just no..
    The most fundamentally sound center of all time whose arsenal of moves is unrivaled by pretty much anyone not named MJ is worse than a forward with the aesthetics of a tractor? Sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymone
    What has Hakeem ever done that LeBron hasn't?
    Well I know something Hakeem hasn't accomplished that LeBron has, pile up a bunch of haters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kovach
    The most fundamentally sound center of all time whose arsenal of moves is unrivaled by pretty much anyone not named MJ is worse than a forward with the aesthetics of a tractor? Sure.
    I laughed way too hard at this

If LeBron played in the 90s, do you really think he would've been stopped by Jordan and the Bulls? What team in history could stop LeBron?

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quintilianus
    He wasn't, best player in the world doesn't quit on his team.... two years in a row. In no universe is that a dominant player or a best player. There's no case besides statistics for that crazy claim. Or dickriding, but I'm not a type of person to downplay a human just because he likes a player more than a team. Again, I'm not trying to insult you or anybody on this site, i'm just naming possibilities

Wasn't former MVP rose injured in LeBron's PO run? And the most dominant defensive force and center in the league dwight howard? Or the whole knicks team banged up as sh*t? Or this year there's no top 3 player kobe, no rose, no rondo, no granger, no amare (maybe, dunno will he play in PO) and many more great players that aren't all-stars but are crucial to their teams? C'mon dude, it's not like this isn't the weakest league in yeaaars. And I do realize that's not LeBron's fault, I don't nitpick him for that, but when you compare Hakeem's path to his both championships and LeBron's to his both(as he's 60% likely to win this year, i'll say both) it's not even close.

Horry has called hakeem the best center ever, MJ has done it, Shaq has done it, there's something to that man
    Whats up with these all new trolls.

and not just kobe stans there are a lot of new lebron stans too.

ISH has become the ultimate troll forum.There really is no thread that anyone can discuss anything without these trolls.

Interestingly enough most of these newcomers make me question the average age.How hard is it to put two words together.

What has Hakeem ever done that LeBron hasn't?
    Lead a team to the championship as the 6th seed playing on the road the whole way through.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lebeast666
    Well I know something Hakeem hasn't accomplished that LeBron has, pile up a bunch of haters.
    He had them once.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kovach
    let me guess, hakeem was a better offensive player than shaq or wilt also since he has a better array of moves

Quote Originally Posted by arifgokcen
    Whats up with these all new trolls.

and not just kobe stans there are a lot of new lebron stans too.

ISH has become the ultimate troll forum.There really is no thread that anyone can discuss anything without these trolls.

Interestingly enough most of these newcomers make me question the average age.How hard is it to put two words together.
    In what way does my post look like trolling?
    I try to be objective as I can, yes I'm a laker fan, grew up watching Kobe if that's what you mean, but that's it, I don't have hard feelings for anybody, try to evaluate everything that I see as objective as possible

If LeBron played in the 90s, do you really think he would've been stopped by Jordan and the Bulls? What team in history could stop LeBron?
    I don't know, how many teams from the 90's did he face?

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

OP does Lebron like his BJs wet and sloppy ?

Quote Originally Posted by inclinerator
    let me guess, hakeem was a better offensive player than shaq or wilt also since he has a better array of moves
    No of course not, a dunk, a jump-hook and moving your opponent out of your way with your ass clearly trump everything Hakeem could do on offense.