Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Default Re: Dion Waiters on comparisons to Wade: "It makes me work harder to be better than him"

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    I'd like to see him succeed. Not sure he will though. Isn't he the guy who turned up to summer league and scouts and execs said he was fat and out of shape? Bad signs if you can't even get in shape for summer camp, most guys work their asses off early in their career.
    Shut up

Banned

Default Re: Dion Waiters on comparisons to Wade: "It makes me work harder to be better than him"

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    Shut up
    Contribute to the discussion or go be a fan boy else where. If a player turns up out of shape at such a big moment in their career it's not the best sign. I want him to succeed and will be watching him this season. I'm just stating my opinion and the facts of what happened.

Local High School Star

If Cleveland can keep him focused and away from fast food joints in Cleveland and while on the road, he may end up having a very solid rookie season.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Great players are hungry..not hungry for the buffet, but hungry to be the best. They work hard, this guy doesn't seem to have a great work ethic. Too much hype also. High bust potential!

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

You dudes are idiots. SMFH

This guy will have one of the best first steps in the league the moment he suits up for the first time. That in addition to his advanced ball handling and passing skills will make him a terror on the wing.

I mean, I know I'm me and you're you, but damn, some of ya'll sounding very elementary right now.

And for the record, I had to do my research on Dion. A couple of guys around here were on him before me. Props to them.

This guy will have one of the best first steps in the league the moment he suits up for the first time. That in addition to his advanced ball handling and passing skills will make him a terror on the wing.

I mean, I know I'm me and you're you, but damn, some of ya'll sounding very elementary right now.

And for the record, I had to do my research on Dion. A couple of guys around here were on him before me. Props to them.

Bust.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Looked like utter garbage in summerleague , not that it means that much .

I'll just wait and see , I dont like to hype you players who really haven't done that much.

I think Lillard will be ROY tho.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

he suffered an ankle injury prior to summer league and that was supposedly the reason that his agent shut him down for all the workouts. He came into the summer league fine, but was out of shape. He did "too much in too little time" according to the cavs staff prior to the games and did not play at his full potential.

I don't think he has a high bust potential, rather i think his floor is an above average starting SG.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

I liked the Thompson pick last season. Not sure I understand why they took Waiters over Barnes.

Very good NBA starter

A bench player in college and he goes high lottery. Sounds like Marvin Williams all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    he suffered an ankle injury prior to summer league and that was supposedly the reason that his agent shut him down for all the workouts. He came into the summer league fine, but was out of shape. He did "too much in too little time" according to the cavs staff prior to the games and did not play at his full potential.

I don't think he has a high bust potential, rather i think his floor is an above average starting SG.

You also said Sullinger wasn't considered a top 5 prospect before the 2011 Draft.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    You also said Sullinger wasn't considered a top 5 prospect before the 2011 Draft.

yeah i still stand by that. It wasn't like there wasn't any question marks about his game, especially his effort, maturity, and his effectiveness against NBA level athleticism.

EDIT: If you are so sure that he would have gone top 5, then why didn't he declare?

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    I liked the Thompson pick last season. Not sure I understand why they took Waiters over Barnes.

They took him over Barnes cause they wanted a wing that could create offense. I'm not saying Waiters >> Barnes, but they liked his skill set better and felt that he would complement the team in a way that Barnes couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    yeah i still stand by that. It wasn't like there wasn't any question marks about his game, especially his effort, maturity, and his effectiveness against NBA level athleticism.

EDIT: If you are so sure that he would have gone top 5, then why didn't he declare?

He was considered top 3-4 with Irving, Barnes, and later Williams. He didn't declare because he wanted to lead OSU to a title. He even said he wasn't ready to leave. They lost a tough game due to Brandon Knight hitting a clutch jumper. Do you know how weak the 2011 draft was? At worst he slips to 6.

That's why none of us are listening to anything you write. You are basically implying he will be better than Wade with literally nothing to back it up except you looked at him and think he's good. You are really consistent, unfortunately that's consistently wrong.