Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Lebron in the 1990's

Quote Originally Posted by Just2McFly
    What world do people live in these days? He's doing the same things as he's doing now.

This

LeBron is going to be a monster defensively if the NBA allows hand checking, and the use of forearm checking.

1999 -- NBA eliminates hand-checking altogether and forearm checking anywhere but below the free throw line extended. The league also allows any form of defense on the strong side of the ball.

2001 -- Illegal defense rules are eliminated and a defensive three-second rule is instituted.

2004 -- Hand-checking is completely abolished to open up the flow of the game.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...r-with-the-nba

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    For the first half of the 90's, at least, he would be a superior player statistically. Defenses were weaker and the game was a little faster. Overall though, the game has barely changed since. LeBron would still kick just as much ass, if not more so, given that the wing talent was weaker back then.

In today's league where we have no players averaging 30+ppg, we have Lebron averaging 27ppg, yet back in the 90's when it was filled with multiple 30ppg scorers each season, we'd see Lebron's scoring digress? His scoring would go up a bunch, with his efficiency taking a slight hit due to being a more superstar oriented game at the time. I'd expect 30+ppg on about 52% shooting.

LMAO at some butthurt MJ tards in this thread
    The most dominant perimeter player of all time would struggle in watered down 90's now? I'd love some of that nostalgia juice you guys are sipping here...comparing him to much inferior players like Drexler and Nique, who were nowhere near as fast or skilled as him anyway, and saying he would be less efficient than these fools? This board badly needs blast from the past section, just so all bitter clowns from the 90's can gather and talk about good ol' Space Jam days

Decent playground baller Kovach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by madmax
    watered down 90's now?
    Compared to today?

I dont think LeBron would dominate in the 90s.. He doesnt have the skills like Kobe that can dominate in any era.. He looks like a dominant player right now because he statpad.. His domination is fake, it is just an illusion.. Even tho the 90s was a watered down era, I think he would struggle playing in that era because the league would not allow him to statpad.. If only the league right now would not allow lebron to statpad, Kobe would still be the best player.. Its quite sad that the league is always on LeBron nuts since he was drafted.. I know they're looking for a new kobe because of the rape scandal that may shorten Kobe's career but they failed big time coz lebron would never ever ever be as good as Kobe Bean Bryant..

ISH' Muslim Community LEFT4DEAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KOBE143
    I dont think LeBron would dominate in the 90s.. He doesnt have the skills like Kobe that can dominate in any era.. He looks like a dominant player right now because he statpad.. His domination is fake, it is just an illusion.. Even tho the 90s was a watered down era, I think he would struggle playing in that era because the league would not allow him to statpad.. If only the league right now would not allow lebron to statpad, Kobe would still be the best player.. Its quite sad that the league is always on LeBron nuts since he was drafted.. I know they're looking for a new kobe because of the rape scandal that may shorten Kobe's career but they failed big time coz lebron would never ever ever be as good as Kobe Bean Bryant..
    Ok we know you are butthurt because Kobe doesnt get any attention this year. We all saw what happens when Kobe is playing against great defense aka Pistons(2004) Celtics (2008,2010). Worst finals of some superstar ever. And we saw how Lebron is destroying those same Pistons, Celtics year after year.

My prediction is that he would be at least 2 times DPOY, and better version of Magic, with better scoring skillset. We saw how his jumper can look when he shots them. Its on an all time high level like in last game. I think he would evolve his jumper to the greatest level people have seen. He and Jordan would be the greatest rivalry of all time.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    In today's league where we have no players averaging 30+ppg, we have Lebron averaging 27ppg, yet back in the 90's when it was filled with multiple 30ppg scorers each season, we'd see Lebron's scoring digress? His scoring would go up a bunch, with his efficiency taking a slight hit due to being a more superstar oriented game at the time. I'd expect 30+ppg on about 52% shooting.
    Could you name one player other than Michael Jordan and Karl Malone (during 1989-90 season) who average more than 30 ppg during the 90s ?

Just a hint: Shaq and Drob never scores 30 ppg during their careers, and the young AI was NBA leading scorer in 98-99 season with 26.8 ppg.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by julizaver
    Could you name one player other than Michael Jordan and Karl Malone (during 1989-90 season) who average more than 30 ppg during the 90s ?

Just a hint: Shaq and Drob never scores 30 ppg during their careers, and the young AI was NBA leading scorer in 98-99 season with 26.8 ppg.
    Dominique in '93 was right there. David Robinson was a pure athlete and scored primarily from that ability and was able to lead the league in scoring. Lebron is a much faster athlete with a lot more skill. No zone defense. I recall Kidd coming into the league and getting serious leverage because of his speed (and obviously his mental game).

The top SF scorers in the 90's at SF position are Nique and Hill who are very different from the rest, then there's Chris Mullin, *Glenn Robinson, Glenn Rice, Antoine Walker and *Finley - its one of the worse decades for SF's. The 90's favored shooters and guys with moves from this position. The argument for speed and quicness to succeed is that Sprewell, primarily at SG tho, who is only quick, didn't have much moves, comes in like 7th in scoring one year. All of these guys cracked the top 10 in scoring in the decade. I can't think of an argument against speed and quickness from a SF scorer.

Obviously the outstanding defenders are Pippen, Anthony Mason and Rodman. Rodman only had trouble with speed and quickness as a defender. Pippen really could never handle Dominique and Grant Hill. Anthony Mason had the same problems Pippen did but wow, what a clash of the Titan he and Lebron would be?

The argument for size is Karl Malone who was the second highest scorer of the decade. Malone doesn't sport much by moves. Lebron is at the very least between Malone (size) and Dominique (explosion and athletism) but is definitely much faster, quicker and more skilled. His handle is vastly superior and I say all of this with his mind set partly as facilitator. The slowest decade ever??? No zones to block his path... 30ppg shouldn't be that hard.

NBA rookie of the year

Multiple 30+ ppg scorers each season? Err, no. Here are the 30 pg scorers from '90-'99:

'90 - Jordan (33.6), Malone (31.0)
    '91 - Jordan (31.5)
    '92 - Jordan (30.1)
    '93 - Jordan (32.6)
    '94 - 0
    '95 - 0
    '96 - Jordan (30.4)
    '97 - 0
    '98 - 0
    '99 - 0

See a pattern? Where are the scads of 30+ ppg scorers? There was exactly ONE 30+ ppg scorer the entire DECADE not named Michael Jordan. Nice try though. That said, I do believe that Lebron could average 30+ on 50-52% FG from '90-'96 if he were in his athletic prime (age 23-29).

3-time NBA All-Star

There's been more 30 ppg scorers in the 00s and 10s then there were in the 90s.

Lebron would be as good as he is now, if not better. Basketball in terms of perimeter play has improved in the past 10-15 years.

He would be even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Segatti View Post
    He would be even better.
    This

Good college starter BigShotBob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23 View Post
    This
    Stop trolling. Lebron would be far worse. So would most "stars" in today's league