Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Default Re: Durant is taking over like a superstar should.

Not as good as Jeremy Lin though, right Chang?

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Yeah, we're done here. You've clearly proven you're clueless.

Ibaka, Perk, Reggie Jackson, Kevin Martin, Thabo, and Collison would be a "borderline 8th seed in the West" where it would take 45+ wins most years to get the 8-seed.
    Despite their respective conferences, the main point is this team is already better on paper than a Cavs "Mo Williams-led" squad. There's really no debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Solefade
    Despite their respective conferences, the main point is this team is already better on paper than a Cavs "Mo Williams-led" squad. There's really no debate.
    There absolutely is a debate. I'm not saying OKC is clearly worse, but your insinuation that the Cavs sans-LeBron are easily, irrefutably, indisputably, worse than this Thunder team without Durant is hilarious. Either you're trolling or just incredibly stupid. There's really no other option.
    Last edited by KG215; 05-08-2013 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1
    This is disingenuous. That Cavs team that lost 26 straight games had starting line ups during the year of Alonzo Gee/JJ Hickson/Anthony Parker/Ramon Sessions/Samardo Samuels and Christian Eyenga/JJ Hickson/Anthony Parker/Antawn Jamison/Manny Harris and Byron Scott as the head coach. How is that any reflection of LeBron James or the 2010 Cavs? Please explain this rationale.

The team the following year was riddled with injuries. Not to mention the loss of Shaq and Big Z, they would been a significant improvement over the undersized front court they had. They didn't even have a legitimate replacement for LeBron. And aside from losing LeBron the team was without the previous year starting center, backup center and combo-guard playmaker off the bench.

Even the 2011 Cavs when healthy had a ready made team for a superstar. Shooters, and hustlers, all that was missing was a player get their own shot or create their own offense. That was their problem. They basically assembled a team that was catered to LeBrons strengths and playing style or any superstar wing for that matter.

Also it's actually not uncommon that a team will struggle without their star player. In 1997 the Spurs were a lottery team without David Robinson. Look at the Magic without Dwight Howard IMO. The problem isn't solely because of LeBron leaving. It's the team they built, they were pretty much a one man show on offense. Similar to the 2001 Sixers with Iverson. That doesn't mean they were playing with a bunch of bums, it was just the team they built around them. The Cavs plan was clear. Surround LeBron with defenders/rebounders, shooters and hustlers, guys that don't need the ball in their hands to be productive.
    Lol LeBron is one of the easiest superstars to adapt to because of his unselfishness and great passing skills. I'm not sure what you're talking about.

So Kyrie who joined the team couldn't take them out of the lottery in 2011-12. What does that mean then?

Dunking on everybody in the park chosen_wun's Avatar

Basically just providing a strawman arguments ok. Whether Jamison was active or not, the team was still terrible with and without him. They were trash with Williams in the line-up, even if he stayed pass the dead line they would have continued to be trash. Shaq and Big Z are not impact players anymore at that point, Hickson and Varaejo were their best big men regardless. Like c'mon now...

Williams
    Parker
    --------
    Jamison
    Andy

would have been a bottom feeder even if they played all 82 games together.

There absolutely is a debate. I'm not saying OKC is clearly better, but your insinuation that the Cavs sans-LeBron are easily, irrefutably, indisputably, worse than this Thunder team without Durant is hilarious. Either you're trolling or just incredibly stupid. There's really no other option.
    AT BEST it's debatable. But we'll just agree to disagree but this is how I see it: How many of those Cavs players in 2009 would start over the current Thunder players on this squad? None of those bigs on the Cavs would start over Ibaka, Collison, or Perk...Hell, even Thabeet.

College superstar

Lol LeBron is one of the easiest superstars to adapt to because of his unselfishness and great passing skills. I'm not sure what you're talking about.
    Yes, but sometimes jack of all trades master of none "unselfish" types don't always get the job done. Guys like Jordan, Kobe, Bird, Wade ... they did everything well, have great all around games. But they could still go flip a switch and be the absolute best player on the floor at a certain aspect of the game IE scoring.

Look at LeBron's 2010 and 2011 failures. He had a very limited offensive game. It was either transition dunk, or jacking a three off the dribble. In 2012, he improved footwork, post game, his aggressive mentality and added a pinch post reliable post game...and he finally started to develop a consistent mid range-ish scoring game. And BAM ... wins his first ring.

So Kyrie who joined the team couldn't take them out of the lottery in 2011-12. What does that mean then?
    I said when healthy they had a team ready made for a superstar, rookie Kyrie isn't a superstar and they weren't the same team anyway. This is a non-sequitur and a poor argument to boot.
    Last edited by Ne 1; 05-08-2013 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Solefade
    AT BEST it's debatable. But we'll just agree to disagree but this is how I see it: How many of those Cavs players in 2009 would start over the current Thunder players on this squad? None of those bigs on the Cavs would start over Ibaka, Collison, or Perk...Hell, even Thabeet.
    Big Z and Varejao either one absolutely would start over Perkins. Perkins is the worst starting center in the NBA. Hell, he might be the worst starter period in the NBA. And both are easily better than Thabeet. If you want to argue the Cavs teams were worse, fine, but at least try to make good arguments.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_wun
    Basically just providing a strawman arguments ok. Whether Jamison was active or not, the team was still terrible with and without him. They were trash with Williams in the line-up, even if he stayed pass the dead line they would have continued to be trash. Shaq and Big Z are not impact players anymore at that point, Hickson and Varaejo were their best big men regardless. Like c'mon now...

Williams
    Parker
    --------
    Jamison
    Andy

would have been a bottom feeder even if they played all 82 games together.
    None of this has nothing to do with the points I made.

Quote Originally Posted by r15mohd
    do you ever wonder why people discredit everything you say?

2008-2009 Magic
    -Magic are the #1 defensive team

2008-2009 Dwight
    -Defensive Player of the Year
    -All-Defensive Team
    -4th in MVP Voting
    -1st in Off Reb
    -1st in Def Reb
    -1st in Blocks
    -4th in FG %
    -1st in BPG
    -4th in PER

2012-2013 Grizzlies
    -2nd Defensive Team

2012-2013 Gasol
    -Def Player of the Year
    -10th BPG

You keep reaching...just stop! We know Durant is going HAM, but everything has to be about Lebron for you...you need to come clean to your therpaist on this obsession of yours or you're gonna go looking for a bridge soon

dat ether god damn. ripthefag won't be back in this thread.

Dunking on everybody in the park chosen_wun's Avatar

None of this has nothing to do with the points I made.
    I'm just now seeing your post, I was replying to another one.

edit: I see you and the other dude are providing some of the same tired arguments.

I am not interested in being convinced how great that supporting cast was.

Quote Originally Posted by tazb
    dat ether god damn. ripthefag won't be back in this thread.

this guy only comes in to cherry pick. what a faaaag.

Other than dwight howard, who doesn't guard lebron, that magic team is not a defensive team. Do you think it's comparative to this grizzly team? Please

that magic team is a joke. This grizzly team is serious business. They're a contender right now, and Durant is carrying a team to battle them.

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_wun
    I'm just now seeing your post, I was replying to another one.

edit: I see you and the other dude are providing some of the same tired arguments.

I am not interested in being convinced how great that supporting cast was.
    I wasn't trying to argue how "great" or even "good" the supporting cast was. You said it was some sort of "inrefutable" evidence because the same team was the worst in the league last year. When, in fact, it wasn't close to the same team and they were injured and shuffling lineups the entire season.

You know, you haven't been around long, but you've quickly worked your way into the upper echelon of worst/most annoying LeBron stans. At this rate, you'll be giving pauk a serious run for his money within the next few months.

Yes, but sometimes jack of all trades master of none "unselfish" types don't always get the job done. Guys like Jordan, Kobe, Bird, Wade ... they did everything well, have great all around games. But they could still go flip a switch and be the absolute best player on the floor at a certain aspect of the game IE scoring.

Look at LeBron's 2010 and 2011 failures. He had a very limited offensive game. It was either transition dunk, or jacking a three off the dribble. In 2012, he improved footwork, post game, his aggressive mentality and added a pinch post reliable post game...and he finally started to develop a consistent mid range-ish scoring game. And BAM ... wins his first ring.

I said when healthy they had a team ready made for a superstar, rookie Kyrie isn't a superstar and they weren't the same team anyway. This is a non-sequitur and a poor argument to boot.
    Wait so are we talking about LeBron/MJ/Kobe or the role players for former Cavs/current Thunder? Going off a track a little buddy.

Big Z and Varejao either one absolutely would start over Perkins. Perkins is the worst starting center in the NBA. Hell, he might be the worst starter period in the NBA. And both are easily better than Thabeet. If you want to argue the Cavs teams were worse, fine, but at least try to make good arguments.
    That really depends on the situation because they're absolute shit post defenders. Perkins would have been extremely valuable to the Cavs team in 2009 to guard Dwight who Perkins guards historically well.