Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I just can imagine playing streetball in USA awesome...

....i mean it must be crowded all the time? with great players? or am i wrong? would so love to play ball there sometime!

i am from Europe... lived in Denmark, now in Bosnia and the courts outside are mostly empty everywhere...

i have dreams of playing in Venice Beach LA, Ruckerpark NY and so on... anybody ever played there?
    Last edited by pauk; 01-09-2012 at 05:22 PM.

NBA Superstar

Default Re: I just can imagine playing streetball in USA awesome...

I've never played in a Rucker or Venice (or even a St. Cecilia's). I'm sure those courts are a lot of what you'd imagine they'd be.

Otherwise, courts are not like that in every city in America. Each region tends to have a hotspot but normal sized cities aren't just bursting with waiting basketball players at every court.

Looking back on your post, I can't tell if you're just joking around or not with your comments about great players crowding every court all the time, unless you were just referring to places like Rucker. I consider it a successful summer at my court if we can get a game of 5-on-5 on 80% of the days. That 5-on-5 will often be a mish-mash of abilities, stemming from very low to high amateur. I live in a pretty small-sized city.

It is unfortunate if you can never find a court that's running 5-on-5 in your area. I'm thankful for my opportunity, even if the competition is not always as strong throughout as I wish it was. I'm not an NBA-level player or anything though so I'm mostly cool with competing against whoever's available. It's just tough to beat a summer day of riding my bike to the courts and playing basketball.

National High School Star

There's never enough in Adelaide Australia to even get a game going unless I organise it

Quote Originally Posted by Ai2death
    There's never enough in Adelaide Australia to even get a game going unless I organise it
    Same here in New Zealand brah.

Quote Originally Posted by Ai2death
    yea i feel ya... bball is not so popular over here, at least not as popular as it is in the US... all about soccer

I rule the local playground

Soccer is great too!

I wish there were some empty courts over here where I live in the summer... I love just shooting around for a few hours before running any actual games, but that's not possible in my neighborhood lol... I can do it on Campus if I wake up early enough though.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarip
    Soccer is great too!

I wish there were some empty courts over here where I live in the summer... I love just shooting around for a few hours before running any actual games, but that's not possible in my neighborhood lol... I can do it on Campus if I wake up early enough though.
    Thats always the way hey, all the courts I know are almost always empty. Rarely do you come across enough people to play a game. I can count the number of times we actually got a game going in the last 2 years on one hand. Most you really ever get is one on one -.-

many assholes

outdoors u have to organize almost everywhere... indoors there are always gyms running games. its terrible for ur body to play outdoors on that joint crushing cement or blacktop so its a good thing.

LAL|LAC

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggin916
    outdoors u have to organize almost everywhere... indoors there are always gyms running games. its terrible for ur body to play outdoors on that joint crushing cement or blacktop so its a good thing.
    Where at in Sac bro?

WE MISS U CHALMERS :( JerrySteakhouse's Avatar

You find the scrubs outdoors and the solid players that understand the game indoors.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrySteakhouse
    You find the scrubs outdoors and the solid players that understand the game indoors.
    Definitely. When I lived in Worcester (a city) I was able to play at a university gym with a D3 college ballers and mature guys there all the time. Was so nice to play without scrubs ever showing up.

It felt nice to school most of the D3 guards. Some of those kids are pretty nice, though. Some could definitely play well in D1 but it was a tech school and all the kids were there for academic reasons obviously.

OK, done stroking my ego. Now I have to find people outdoors more. Very frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    ....i mean it must be crowded all the time? with great players? or am i wrong? would so love to play ball there sometime!

i am from Europe... lived in Denmark, now in Bosnia and the courts outside are mostly empty everywhere...

i have dreams of playing in Venice Beach LA, Ruckerpark NY and so on... anybody ever played there?

Me too.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Well its quite different in Lithuania where its almost impossible to find a free court. There are so many courts in my city, but youll need to wait to play during hot hours, especially in summer, except, you rule the streets

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggin916
    That is not always the case in my area. I wish gyms were always running games in the summer, but it seems many of them close down during the non-school months. Further, I'm not a big fan of paying to play basketball, so if I have to choose between attending open gyms at athletic centers for $5/night versus playing outdoors, I'm going to be outdoors all summer.

Thankfully, my local basketball court has actually provided quite well, considering the small size of my city. There's surely always going to be the scrubs springing about and joining in, but there's really not much that can be done about that. I'm just thankful I have a place locally I can ride my bike to and just play. Thus far, with the abnormally warm past couple of weeks here in Michigan, the court has been live, and it's been awesome.