Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Does anyone want Jeremy Lin on their team?

hawkfan Trade Scenario (where amazing happens):

Toronto gets

Steve Nash

LA Lakers get

Jeremy Lin

Houston gets

Ramon Sessions (expirer)

Charlotte gets

Kyle Lowry (expirer)

The Raptors get Nash to run the point and to be a box office draw.
    The Lakers get younger with Lin, who can run MDA's system well.
    The Rockets get Sessions to back up Beverly at the point, plus he is an expirer.
    The Bobcats get Lowry to back up Walker at the point.

You need to reevaluate your life.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    hawkfan Trade Scenario (where amazing happens):

Toronto gets

Steve Nash

LA Lakers get

Jeremy Lin

Houston gets

Ramon Sessions (expirer)

Charlotte gets

Kyle Lowry (expirer)

The Raptors get Nash to run the point and to be a box office draw.
    The Lakers get younger with Lin, who can run MDA's system well.
    The Rockets get Sessions to back up Beverly at the point, plus he is an expirer.
    The Bobcats get Lowry to back up Walker at the point.
    negged

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat
    A) He's born and raised in America you idiot
    B) His family is from Taiwan
    C) Don't even start with the Asian = immigrant/foreigner sh*t. By that logic, everyone in America except for Native Americans are foreigners.

Finally. Jeez. Honestly, since when was the US a white man's country? I shake my head in pity when I see people telling others to get out, or go back, when in reality, those people are so lost, they don't even know where they came from.

No idea how the Caucasian man is more "American" than the other people, when the Whole continent of North America except Mexico is just a huge boiling pot potent with every race in the world.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sejoon101

Finally. Jeez. Honestly, since when was the US a white man's country? I shake my head in pity when I see people telling others to get out, or go back, when in reality, those people are so lost, they don't even know where they came from.

No idea how the Caucasian man is more "American" than the other people, when the Whole continent of North America except Mexico is just a huge boiling pot potent with every race in the world.
    negged

I'm all for political correctness, but not to the point of stupidity. To act like America was never a "white mans" country is just dumb. It's still around 70% "white".

You might as well say the same thing about England. They're all immigrants too.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    I'm all for political correctness, but not to the point of stupidity. To act like America was never a "white mans" country is just dumb. It's still around 70% "white".

You might as well say the same thing about England. They're all immigrants too.
    I love ball, discussion, but I'll reply one last time on this subject.

LOL @ you comparing the US to England. How deep is US history, 300 years tops? Isn't this a country that boasts about freedom, equality, and rights ALL the time?

You will never see a white prime minister in Japan, a black president in Korea, a Mexican prime minister in England. Why? Because it is their country.

Last time I checked, the dude in your front office is far from white. Why is US a white man's country? The US itself, is well... the US. A unique country where everyone is apparently equal.

I didn't say it was never a white man's country. Of course it is, the 95% of the founding fathers are white, 5% Spanish.

The whole point I was trying to make, the message I'm trying to get through that sorry excuse for a troll is, in this day and age, how is someone MORE American than the other? What gives a person, just because of their skin color, the right to even tell another fellow American, to get out, or go back, when in reality, they aren't even from that land?

Nom Saiyan?

I love ball, discussion, but I'll reply one last time on this subject.

LOL @ you comparing the US to England. How deep is US history, 300 years tops? Isn't this a country that boasts about freedom, equality, and rights ALL the time?
    And England doesn't? What point are you making?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Why do you try so hard RG?

The thirst is reaaaaaaaaal yo

And England doesn't? What point are you making?
    You are really fitting into the "dumb american" stereotype the rest of the world has. Do you really only see what you want? Care to read the whole post?

Besides, no place on earth boasts about freedom more than Americans.

HELL, little kids, who are fcking 8 years old, tell their friends "this is a FREE COUNTRY I CAN SAY WHATEVER I WANT" to their friends after talkin sh1t. Yes, ONLY in America where a toddler would even consider saying that. I remember hearing that a LOT as a kid.

Local High School Star strifed169's Avatar

sorry excuse for a troll is

Nom Saiyan?

You are really fitting into the "dumb american" stereotype the rest of the world has. Do you really only see what you want? Care to read the whole post?

Besides, no place on earth boasts about freedom more than Americans.

HELL, little kids, who are fcking 8 years old, tell their friends "this is a FREE COUNTRY I CAN SAY WHATEVER I WANT" to their friends after talkin sh1t. Yes, ONLY in America where a toddler would even consider saying that. I remember hearing that a LOT as a kid.
    What the hell are you rambling about?

What the hell are you rambling about?
    I find it funny everytime you go into an argument, get owned, then proceed to come out with some one-liner as if nobody notices. You're dumb, that's why you didn't finish high school. And tell your delusional ass to face the truth, you're not rich. Deal with it.

Good High School Starter SmackOrH.A.K's Avatar

people overreact to j-lin's contact. for the rockets it is nothing ridiculous, he's making 8 million dollars a year. he is a little over paid but i wasnt really shocked when we signed him to it. ive seen way more over paid players in the league.

but yea for the knicks it would have been ridiculous because of the back loading and luxury tax stuff. but it was a decent deal for the rockets.

dragic left the rockets for 11 million per year. i think that he was over paid.

Local High School Star

Lin can still improve his game. Kid is still young.