Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Thread: Eric Bledsoe

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Default Re: Eric Bledsoe

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    I'm just blowing you shit man
    Getting black out drunk on the internet FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    People are on crack. The reason he moves into the top 15 PG territory, wouldn't trade a top 5 pick for him? Alrightyyyyy than. Averaged 23 minutes on a team going nowhere than the next year his minutes get reduced when the team takes the next jump? I was under the assumption that a player is suppose to progress on a year to year basis. When has has started he's averaged like 9\6\4 in 33 minutes. He's like any other athletic beast that shows flashes except for the fact that he does seem pretty sound defensively.

I'm not saying he can't turn into a decent player but people always go overboard. In terms of athletic younger guards I prefer Shumpert and Bradley over him.
    I'm assuming this is directed at me.

His minutes got reduced because he plays behind Paul---you and I know there isn't any realistic situation where he can get minutes @ 1 playing behind CP3. I mean we played him at the 2 during the playoffs; it was the only viable solution given how well he was playing, and the team's defensive rating skyrocketed when we did (article is here somewhere, I'll find it if you need ).

His PER 36 is about exactly where I put him. 10/5/5 with 2.4 steals per game. (http://www.basketball-reference.com/...ledser01.html). That's a little less than what Conley averaged last year, and I consider him a Top 15 PG.

And again, what player from 1-5 would contribute to the Clippers now? If our main goal is to make the playoffs + show Paul we're serious about contending, why do we move backwards in player development by trading for players that haven't established themselves in the L yet? We already know what Bledsoe is, and it's not like he doesn't have a load of potential behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    That's like saying if J.R had a brain he'd be a top 10 SG. I would love to hear how Bledsoe would be a top 10 PG easily tho, really. PG is by far the deepest position in the league. Every team has a good PG these days. Who's he better than this year or next? In no order.

Chris Paul
    Deron Williams
    Steve Nash
    Rondo
    Westbrook
    Rose
    Wall
    Curry
    Lowry
    Lawson
    Irving
    Jennings
    Holiday
    Calderon

Half of those players aren't even that far enough in age from Bledsoe. Bledsoe is going to be 23 years old this season. Alot of those guy's are within 5 years of him.
    Bledsoe has only been in the league for 2 years, so of course he's going to be a little behind in his development. We can start assessing whether or not he's going to stay at this level or develop further after his 3rd year in the league. And in my opinion, age should be the least significant factor in determining who is better than who.

But to answer your question, I would take Bledsoe over Calderon quite easily. Lowry... debatable. Would make an argument for Jennings too, but I'm not drunk enough.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Conley averaged 13\6.5\3 with 2.2 steals per game in 35 minutes. A far cry away from 10\5\5 with 2 steals in a PROJECTED 36 minutes. Bledsoe averages like 1+ TO a game in 12 minutes. He averaged 2.4 turns in under 23 minutes. When he started his rookie year and averaged 32 minutes a game he was putting up 9\6\4 with 1.2 steals and over 3 turnovers a game.

Probably a reason why he isn't playing those 36 minutes on ANY team regardless of Chris Paul. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    I'm assuming this is directed at me.

His minutes got reduced because he plays behind Paul---you and I know there isn't any realistic situation where he can get minutes @ 1 playing behind CP3. I mean we played him at the 2 during the playoffs; it was the only viable solution given how well he was playing, and the team's defensive rating skyrocketed when we did (article is here somewhere, I'll find it if you need ).

His PER 36 is about exactly where I put him. 10/5/5 with 2.4 steals per game. (http://www.basketball-reference.com/...ledser01.html). That's a little less than what Conley averaged last year, and I consider him a Top 15 PG.

And again, what player from 1-5 would contribute to the Clippers now? If our main goal is to make the playoffs + show Paul we're serious about contending, why do we move backwards in player development by trading for players that haven't established themselves in the L yet? We already know what Bledsoe is, and it's not like he doesn't have a load of potential behind him.

Bledsoe has only been in the league for 2 years, so of course he's going to be a little behind in his development. We can start assessing whether or not he's going to stay at this level or develop further after his 3rd year in the league. And in my opinion, age should be the least significant factor in determining who is better than who.

But to answer your question, I would take Bledsoe over Calderon quite easily. Lowry... debatable. Would make an argument for Jennings too, but I'm not drunk enough.
    i know it's not now nowww but you really wouldn't trade bledsoe for the #1 pick? that is so beyond insane to me. i'll take my chances developing davis. i don't even think half the GM's in the league would trade a lottery pick for bledsoe

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Interesting article today with some numbers that prove once and for all that Bledsoe IS elite, top tier defensively and there is no disputing it.

1. Players shot only 38 percent with Eric Bledsoe guarding them.

2. Eric Bledsoe is 2nd in the NBA for shotblocking rate for guards, just a tad behind Wade.

3. Allows .79 PPP (points per possession) which is extremely good.

4. Bledsoe is 4th in the league in steals rate.

5. Eric Bledsoe has the best rebound rates of any PG in the league and is 8th among ALL guards. Best offensive rebounding rate of any guard in the NBA besting Wade, Kobe and Rondo for example.

The NBA is about to feel the wrath of GAWDsoe.

Local High School Star devin112's Avatar

plz pick a better nickname for him. the one u use is horrible

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by devin112
    ^^

Quote Originally Posted by devin112

I prefer scrubsoe

How did I never reply to NF + napalm

weird

anyways I would like a link to the article, please...

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    How did I never reply to NF + napalm

weird

anyways I would like a link to the article, please...
    http://www.clipsnation.com/2012/10/1...s-eric-bledsoe

The PPP stat I got from Synergy Sports.

Poor man's Thabo Sefolosha.

He is a decent hustle player off the bench though. Every team could use a guy like him.

20 points, 3 rebounds, 8 assists, 9 steals so far tonight.

22 points, 11 assists, 9 steals and 5 rebounds

Final tally. Should have been 10 steals, they robbed him one the one where he knocked it loose, tipped it sky high.. the Turiaf caught it. The player who pries the ball is supposed to be awarded with the steal and he wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    22 points, 11 assists, 9 steals and 5 rebounds

Final tally. Should have been 10 steals, they robbed him one the one where he knocked it loose, tipped it sky high.. the Turiaf caught it. The player who pries the ball is supposed to be awarded with the steal and he wasn't.