Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: 2012 Trade Deadline Deal: Blazers trade center Marcus Camby to Houston Rockets

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Just so you know, Camby has sucked this year. Maybe it is just motivation, which can change, but if he is truly going downhill due to age, he will grab a few boards, have the random impressive block, and the rest of the time he will be a matador on defense and worthless on offense. I was happy to see him gone. I really appreciated his time on the Blazers, but this year was a huge step down. But then again, the Rockets didn't give up much for him and he expires if it doesn't work out.
    Well It seems the whole blazers squad has sucked this season.Losing and lack of motivation is not an easy combination to correct.The Rockets want him to give a solid 15 to 18 minutes a night and nothing spectacular. He is more then capeable of that.

Default Re: 2012 Trade Deadline Deal: Blazers trade center Marcus Camby to Houston Rockets

Both teams lose this trade. Houston thinks they are getting a good player but they aren't. Camby doesn't play defense anymore. He just swipes at the ball (usually misses) and gives up easy lay ups. Then he takes these terrible jump shots or out of control lay ups like some scrub that is tired of never getting the ball.

Portland got bad players back, but at least we cut salary. I bet Camby tries for about 5 games then starts half assing. He gets injured a lot too. This guy was a hell of a player 5-8 years ago, not so much anymore.

Who's going to start at Center for the Blazers now?

Kurt Thomas? Joel Pryzbilla?

Quote Originally Posted by irondarts
    Who's going to start at Center for the Blazers now?

Kurt Thomas? Joel Pryzbilla?

Probably Pryzbilla and Aldridge splits minutes with him at center.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Both teams lose this trade. Houston thinks they are getting a good player but they aren't. Camby doesn't play defense anymore. He just swipes at the ball (usually misses) and gives up easy lay ups. Then he takes these terrible jump shots or out of control lay ups like some scrub that is tired of never getting the ball.

Portland got bad players back, but at least we cut salary. I bet Camby tries for about 5 games then starts half assing. He gets injured a lot too. This guy was a hell of a player 5-8 years ago, not so much anymore.
    Nonsense, the Rockets only sent Thabeet and Flynn. None of them had any playing time at all so it is definitely an upgrade...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07

I don't think it is bad for either team. Camby, although not what I think many Rocket fans are expecting, IS an upgrade over Thabeet. Camby will also try harder when playoffs come.

Blazers gain by getting worse in the short term, but that could improve their draft positioning, and they also get a 2nd rounder (which has a chance of being more useful in this draft than most drafts).