Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star UCLAlegend32's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by duke30
    ucla is nothing, they havnt played anyone good yet. they wont make it to the final four.
    what u talkin about didnt you watch the maui invitational, beat a great kentucky team, texas a&m in the wooden tournament. everyone brings there A game to pauly but ucla is just to much. dont bring that weakstuff in here.

Decent college freshman TheGame414's Avatar

Duke30's only been around for a few days, yet he's already making a last-minute run at "College Forum's 2006 Most Useless Poster" award.

He's practically sprinting to it.

ucla is nothing, they havnt played anyone good yet. they wont make it to the final four.
    what a tool.

The only team not making it to the final four is duke

Saw a basketball once

About time the best team in the nation got a thread going... watching their defense just completely take Michigan out of their game reminded me of the tourney matchup with LSU last year. Deer in the headlights - that's what happens when a lot of teams see Collison and our defense for the first time.

I miss not having season tickets this year, but the consolation is that they'll be playing their opening NCAA tourny round where I'm at now - Sacramento.

UCLA's only real weakness right now is backup PG. There is a HUGE, HUGE drop-off from Collison to Westbrook and this wasn't the case last year when Collison (who I thought was already the better player in many games last year) was coming in for Farmar. That said, they're still going to whoop on the Pac-10 again this year - can't wait for Pac-10 play to start later this week.

Tonight: UCLA Bruins Hosting Washington State Cougars

@

Game Will Be On FSN and tip off is scheduled for 7:30 Pacific Standard Time

Open of the Pac-10 Season for both squads. Bruins end the pre-season play with an impressive 11-0 Mark with wins over Kentucky, Georgia Tech, Texas A&M, Michigan and a nice win over Chaminade who have posted many upsets in the Maui Invitational. Led by Afflalo's leadership and scoring, Mbah A Moute's defensive intensity along with Collison's dishing off the ball, Bruins should be ready for Pac-10 Play and hopefully take this game. Washington St. is also an impressive, yet surprising 11-1 this year with wins over Gonzaga, Radford, Cal St. Northridge, San Diego State, but a 14 point loss to Utah. The Cougs are led by Derrick Low's 15.5 Points per outing and Kyle Weaver's all around play averagin 10/5/4. Should be a good opening game as the Cougs will be coming out with energy, hustle and intensity, so hopefully for me and Bruin-Nation, the Bruins will not be overlooking the Cougars of Washington State.

What's Going On Around The Pac-10:

7th Ranked Arizona(9-1) is hosting the 8-4 California Golden Bears. Arizona should take this one and if you can watch it, I reccomend you do as Chase Budinger, Marcus Williams, Ivan Radenovic, and Mustafa Shakur are solid.

The Arizona State Sun Devils(6-5) host the Stanford Cardinal(7-2). Cardinal had a dissapointing season last year but seem to have bounced back led by Hill, Lopez and Johnson. Pendegraph for ASU has been solid.

The 13th ranked Washington Huskies(10-1) are on the road against the Trojans of Southern California(10-3). Spencer Hawes has been spectacular for the Huskies, but so have Nick Young and Gabe Pruitt for the Trojans.

20th ranked Oregon(11-0) will host the 3-11 Portland Pilots in the only non-Pac 10 matchup of the night. Oregon will face off with the Beavers from Oregon St. to open up their Pac-10 Season but tonight will need to try to stay undefeated under Porter, Luenen and Brooks against the Pilots who are led by Coopers 12.2 scoring.

Local High School Star UCLAlegend32's Avatar

after a sweep of the washington teams this past week everyones favorite team the Bruins of UCLA are still the number 1 team in the nation.

I usually hit open layups bruinballer's Avatar

well, here it is the night before the UCLA/Oregon St. game, and i find out that here in Los Angeles, Fox Net decided that it wasn't interesting enough to televise, so they're gonna show the Arizona/Washington game instead...

it's the number one team in the country playing a team from the best-rpi'd conference (pac10, of course :-) where any given team can beat another one one any given day, yet we're not sponge-worthy or whatever (yeah, i know, hadda throw a seinfeld ref in there...)

i'm f'n pissed! I do _not_ miss my boyz on tv, period! I call in sick some days in March! now i'm seriously screwed by tv (LA Times article says not gonna be any cameras in the stadium!)

Oh! The article also listed the Cal 2/22 game, the Wasu 3/1 game, and the Udub 3/3 game as "wild card"-- read iffy!

<sigh...> next they're gonna start calling us the "gutty little bruins" again....

I feel like the Geico Caveman sometimes...

Happy New Year and peace out...

Quote Originally Posted by bruinballer
    well, here it is the night before the UCLA/Oregon St. game, and i find out that here in Los Angeles, Fox Net decided that it wasn't interesting enough to televise, so they're gonna show the Arizona/Washington game instead...

it's the number one team in the country playing a team from the best-rpi'd conference (pac10, of course :-) where any given team can beat another one one any given day, yet we're not sponge-worthy or whatever (yeah, i know, hadda throw a seinfeld ref in there...)

i'm f'n pissed! I do _not_ miss my boyz on tv, period! I call in sick some days in March! now i'm seriously screwed by tv (LA Times article says not gonna be any cameras in the stadium!)

Oh! The article also listed the Cal 2/22 game, the Wasu 3/1 game, and the Udub 3/3 game as "wild card"-- read iffy!

<sigh...> next they're gonna start calling us the "gutty little bruins" again....

I feel like the Geico Caveman sometimes...

Happy New Year and peace out...
    that sucks for you guys....I cant imagine fsarizona ever trying to pull a arizona game of the air for a ucla washington game

but the uofa washington game is a good matchup and ucla should blow out oregon st(1st or 2nd worst team in pac 10)

so if they chose not to televise one ucla conference game this year...you should be glad its this game

I usually hit open layups bruinballer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruinballer
    well, here's an update... in the LA Times this morning, it says that Fox Net decided last minute to show the game after all, pretty much folding to conference pressure... so looks like ima watch the game after all!!

Saw a basketball once

Heard a lot of talk about UCLA having a great chance of going undefeated in the PAC 10 this year. The PAC 10 is the strongest it has been in years (besides AS-who?). I can't see them doing it, especially with my Arizona Wildcats standing in there way! What's your take Bruins fans? Any teams in particular scare you?

UCLA SUCKS!

It's all about USC & Florida!

Fight On!

Good college starter LakersDynasty's Avatar

Bruin Fan for life here.

Quote Originally Posted by zonalrg22
    Heard a lot of talk about UCLA having a great chance of going undefeated in the PAC 10 this year. The PAC 10 is the strongest it has been in years (besides AS-who?). I can't see them doing it, especially with my Arizona Wildcats standing in there way! What's your take Bruins fans? Any teams in particular scare you?
    Besides Zona, JUST by looking at the schedule, I see Bruins would have a shot, but their is ALWAYS upsets in the Pac-10 so I say about 3 losses for them in Pac-10 Play then sweeping through the Pac-10 Tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by YouEatChit
    UCLA SUCKS!

It's all about USC
    Fight On!
    UCLA is undefeated, and USC is 12-4 with a HOME loss to South Carolina State. :