Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default Friend says there's unknown players out there as good or better than Lebron

On the way to the strip club, we had this argument over how many teams should be in the NBA. He said that there should be 36 teams. The cities he said should have cities including the new Seattle Sonics are: San Diego, New Sacramento team, Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, and Vegas.

I told him that it would dilute the overall talent of the league. He said that there are a lot of players out there who could play in the NBA but don't because of a myriad of reasons: maybe the didn't go to college, maybe they had an injury for a short time and never got a chance, or maybe they weren't mature enough.

But he went on and on about how some of them play street ball and are amazing. I kept saying better than Lebron?!! He was saying there are 6 billion people in this world and it would be ridiculous to think there aren't other players out there. He said if there were more players in the NBA, more would get a chance to be a Wade or a Kobe.

I asked him if there is someone out there who could put on a jersey, go play on a team right now, and put up Lebron James numbers. And he instantly said, ''Sure, why not? Even better maybe! There are 6 billion people out there, you just haven't heard or seen everyone.'' And I told him that Lebron trains and has years and years of experience and he still insisted that other street ballers out there train and know about strategy as well.

Ahhh, some people just don't get it. I tried to knock sense into him. He is also the same guy who said Sprewell was the 2nd best scorer after Jordan and that the average player scores 6 points a game.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Default Re: Friend says there's unknown players out there as good or better than Lebron

Your friend talks a lot.

Default Re: Friend says there's unknown players out there as good or better than Lebron

bullsheeeeeet

RETIRED, ISH 2008-2013 willds09's Avatar

This is true

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale
    Your friend talks a lot.

Elemantally Morale, do you think my friends logic is correct? And later on as our argument lingered, he started saying ''Okay forget about Lebron. I wasn't trying to talk just about him. All I'm saying is there are other players out there, plenty of them, who you don't know about, who could play in the NBA, but just never got a chance.''

LeBron is the best by default. He hit his peak at the perfect time without any real competition.

LeBron being compared to MJ makes me vomit.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    Elemantally Morale, do you think my friends logic is correct? And later on as our argument lingered, he started saying ''Okay forget about Lebron. I wasn't trying to talk just about him. All I'm saying is there are other players out there, plenty of them, who you don't know about, who could play in the NBA, but just never got a chance.''
    To be honest with you I usually don't read your threads any more, at least not thoroughly. I like your trolling, it's just not for me.

As for the question though: I think someone as good as LeBron wouldn't go unnoticed, but I agree there is great talent out there never making it to the NBA. Yes, you need a bit of luck if you are not superstar caliber but NBA material. If you are superstar caliber however, I doubt it can be missed for too long.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Empty arguments, not worth reading, im outta here

He didn't mention St. Louis? Obviously your friend is crazy.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Thus proving that the only person dumber than Sac is his imaginary friend.

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale
    To be honest with you I usually don't read your threads any more, at least not thoroughly. I like your trolling, it's just not for me.

As for the question though: I think someone as good as LeBron wouldn't go unnoticed, but I agree there is great talent out there never making it to the NBA. Yes, you need a bit of luck if you are not superstar caliber but NBA material. If you are superstar caliber however, I doubt it can be missed for too long.

elementally morale I'm not trolling. If my friend really did say this(which he did), is it really trolling? That was never my intent

Decent college freshman Calabis's Avatar

I had this argument.... tell your friend if someone was that good he wouldn't be unknown. Fact he would have to be playing to perfect his craft. People like your friend act like some dude from the bush is going to just grab a ball and be LeBron James. ...uhh no. Yes there are plenty of people that are good enough to make it. .. but there damn sure isn't any LeBron James walking around unknown to the world.

Also street ballers are just that street ballers...also what kills me is that everyone watches a NBA game and tries to breakdown a guys ability. How the hell can u do this when ur watching a guy dominate all the while being pushed to the weakest points of his game. Advanced NBA scouting pushing these guys to the weakest spots on the floor. Lebron in the street game would shit on anyone. ..but he's not making millions to play in the street.
    Last edited by Calabis; 03-22-2013 at 09:58 AM.

NBA lottery pick

Didn't read.

But anyways, you and your friend need to stop having sex. I mean arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    On the way to the strip club, we had this argument over how many teams should be in the NBA. He said that there should be 36 teams. The cities he said should have cities including the new Seattle Sonics are: San Diego, New Sacramento team, Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, and Vegas.

I told him that it would dilute the overall talent of the league. He said that there are a lot of players out there who could play in the NBA but don't because of a myriad of reasons: maybe the didn't go to college, maybe they had an injury for a short time and never got a chance, or maybe they weren't mature enough.

But he went on and on about how some of them play street ball and are amazing. I kept saying better than Lebron?!! He was saying there are 6 billion people in this world and it would be ridiculous to think there aren't other players out there. He said if there were more players in the NBA, more would get a chance to be a Wade or a Kobe.

I asked him if there is someone out there who could put on a jersey, go play on a team right now, and put up Lebron James numbers. And he instantly said, ''Sure, why not? Even better maybe! There are 6 billion people out there, you just haven't heard or seen everyone.'' And I told him that Lebron trains and has years and years of experience and he still insisted that other street ballers out there train and know about strategy as well.

Ahhh, some people just don't get it. I tried to knock sense into him. He is also the same guy who said Sprewell was the 2nd best scorer after Jordan and that the average player scores 6 points a game.
    Anyone that really believes that "all the best players in the world are in the NBA" is retarded.