Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I am your soldier!

Default Re: How much respect have you lost for Ray Allen?

I lost practically every bit of fondness I've had for Ray.

- Bitched about coming off the bench last year, but had bone spurs in both ankles and Bradley was playing great.

- Says he won't come off the bench or be the 4th option.

- Goes to Miami to come off the bench, be at most the 4th option, for less money.

- Started sniping about Rondo once he left.

Not cool man. I don't care that he left, but the way he did it is just a bitch way to go.

NBA Fan

Quote Originally Posted by selrahc
    ray allen is at the end of his career so its kind of okay. lebron on the other hand couldnt win anything as the first option so he had to join up with wade and bosh. how can you have respect for lebron after what he did to cleveland?
    I lost a lot of respect for LeBron after the whole "Decision" fiasco and especially after playing the way he did in the 2011 Finals, but his performance in the 2012 playoffs was enough for me to respect him as a player again. I understand your point, but you can't really blame LeBron for joining the Heat, it was a once in a life time opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by HomieWeMajor
    Can't hate on someone else's decision. It's their own choice. But if I was a player I wouldn't have joined the team that had knocked us out of the playoffs the last two years and that we have just played a tough 7 game series against but to each his own.
    This.

NBA Superstar

Didn't someone say that he had been wanting to join the Heat since last season? So during the 7 game series vs Miami he wanted to be with the Heat.

And to be honest he'd probably have a bigger role in Boston than he does right now in Miami. Yeah, he used to be one of my favorite players but I lost all respect for him.

Yes, why did Ray Allen at 37 switch to sunny Miami after living in cold cities for all these years? Why did he switch to a good team(notice how I said good team and not ring chase) instead of waiting to be traded to a irrelevant team? Why move to Florida when your family is there?

Only in basketball do players get shit for wanting to play in a good team. In any other sport, every player wants to be on a good team.

Ray took less money to play for a worse team. Pathetic.

Judas Shuttlesworth is a whiny b

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    Yes, why did Ray Allen at 37 switch to sunny Miami after living in cold cities for all these years? Why did he switch to a good team(notice how I said good team and not ring chase) instead of waiting to be traded to a irrelevant team? Why move to Florida when your family is there?

Only in basketball do players get shit for wanting to play in a good team. In any other sport, every player wants to be on a good team.

If kim jong un was traded to the heat your would happily lick his balls wouldn't you?

WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I didn't lose any respect for him. The dude is at the tail end of his career, and playing in Miami with the likes of Wade and LeBron will extend his career, and make it easier for him to play. Ray wasn't chasing money, he was looking for the best place to play that would compliment him. Boston had tried to trade him that season, and he had some beef with Rondo, and Miami promised none of those problems, along with having an easier time with superstars drawing all the attention.

Love Live Life

Why are we still talking about this? Get over it people! Why stay with a team that was trying to trade you? I would've left too. The choice is simple play for a good team or get traded to a trashy team. It's not like he pulled a Lebron hell

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Im surprised by how indifferent I am. He was my all time fav player, started following celtics mostly because of him, and I was huge homer of his game in boston days, but now I just dont give a fvck about anything he does. I think I will rep him after he retires, and I will say to my grandkids how great he was, but now hes nothing to me.
    Last edited by CeltsGarlic; 04-16-2013 at 04:20 PM.

Decent college freshman Doctor Rivers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daj0264
    If kim jong un was traded to the heat your would happily lick his balls wouldn't you?
    he def would

I was hoping he'd stay a Celtic but I understand why he left. Miami gave him a great pitch and he was sold. Certainly don't have less respect for him...even though his reasoning for leaving was pretty dishonest. I wish he would have just said that he wasn't happy and didn't like Rondo all that much.

Besides, his first title AND setting the all-time three point streak? Both on OUR floor.
    Last edited by Derka; 04-16-2013 at 04:25 PM.

All of it. I don't like KG and Pierce but I understand them and I would probably act the same way towards Ray Allen.

He left them and joined their biggest and most hated opponent. F*ck that bitch.

Made that high school varsity squad BBallZen83's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by selrahc
    ray allen is at the end of his career so its kind of okay. lebron on the other hand couldnt win anything as the first option so he had to join up with wade and bosh. how can you have respect for lebron after what he did to cleveland?
    The thread title is about Ray Allen. Not everything has to come back to your dislike of Lebron James. Besides that, did you lose any respect for your idol at all after some questionable decisions? Blowing up things with shaq, rape allegations, being trounced early in the playoffs a couple years? You probably didn't lose any respect at all did you. Cause you don't judge things with any level of objectivity. And even if you did lose respect, did you not gain it back when he once again won two more titles with the arrival of Gasol? Cause winning cures everything. period. Lebron, had a banner year last year, and won just about every basketball accolade possible. Time to give the guy just a sliver of respect, if even grudgingly. Still hate him if you want.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Nash

STFU you scum of the earth bandwagoning loser. Not everyone wants to live in miami.