Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Michael Jordan's Best Moves (by Hanamichi)

same shit over and over.......yawn.........Horace Grant>>>>> M.J

MJ's biggest advantage outside his athleticism was hand size. He had complete control of the ball, which combined with his athleticism allowed him to basically see what the defense was doing and then improvise in-air. Kobe has emulated some of those finishing layups but several of them you can see are just outside Kobe's ability, due to overall less athleticism and smaller hand size.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertdeMeijer
    The move he does against the Lakers in the Finals of 1991 (6:56), I never understood why he changed hands. Was it because he expected somebody to jump? Did he want to show off? Did he find it easier to shoot with his left hand?
    Total show off move. Jordan says he saw Perkins slide over for the block so he switched hands fo avoid him but if you watch he ain't no where near him. No laker is. He did it cuz he could. And that's why he's the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    MJ's biggest advantage outside his athleticism was hand size. He had complete control of the ball, which combined with his athleticism allowed him to basically see what the defense was doing and then improvise in-air. Kobe has emulated some of those finishing layups but several of them you can see are just outside Kobe's ability, due to overall less athleticism and smaller hand size.
    This.

Hand size was a huge advantage. It's like god said "let me make the perfect basketball player" and created Jordan.

He had no weakness, no physical or mental liability. None. Breaks his foot in his second season and god says "here, let me take care of that for you."

Truly blessed.

I rule the local playground Floppy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Round Mound
    The Difference is That Whatever Move Kobe Does Jordan Did it Quicker, Faster, Stronger, More Potent, More Agil, More Hang Time. Jordan was Also A Lot Stronger Physically and a Better Post Player and Mid Range Shooter than Kobe. Kobe Was a Better Better Pure Shooter and Far Range Shooter but Jordan did Everything Else Better. Not to Mention Jordan was a TRUE Defensive Force (thanks to his athletic ability) with a Very Low DRT (Top 10 for acouple of seasons and right there with Big Men) and Top 30 something in DWS...unlike Kobe.

At 5:56 ....Kobe Could Never Make That Acrobatic Move
    Nobody could do that move. Easily the greatest move ever. The strength and body control required is unreal.

I rule the local playground Floppy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RobertdeMeijer
    The move he does against the Lakers in the Finals of 1991 (6:56), I never understood why he changed hands. Was it because he expected somebody to jump? Did he want to show off? Did he find it easier to shoot with his left hand?
    I don't think he wanted to show off. One of the defenders prepared to jump but didn't take off which makes it look a bit stupid.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Kobe-esque

MJ's biggest advantage outside his athleticism was hand size. He had complete control of the ball...
    Stockton and Cousy both had large hands. Combined with their amazing peripheral vision, it helped facilitate their passing games.

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Floppy
    I don't think he wanted to show off. One of the defenders prepared to jump but didn't take off which makes it look a bit stupid.
    He said he saw Sam Parkins about to jump, so he switched hands.

Winning>Stats

The "OH! A SPEK-TAK-ULAR MOVE!" play was his THIRTEENTH STRAIGHT field goal in the game. I'd be trying to do different stuff at that point to see how on fire I was.

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Horatio33
    The "OH! A SPEK-TAK-ULAR MOVE!" play was his THIRTEENTH STRAIGHT field goal in the game. I'd be trying to do different stuff at that point to see how on fire I was.
    Yeah, he was on fire for real that game, especially during that stretch. Yeah 13 consecutive FIELD GOALS is ridiculous.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe
    This.

Hand size was a huge advantage. It's like god said "let me make the perfect basketball player" and created Jordan.

He had no weakness, no physical or mental liability. None. Breaks his foot in his second season and god says "here, let me take care of that for you."

Truly blessed.
    Good Observations

Samurai Swoosh

Pretty much ...

Why is it that in every MJ thread, Kobe's name has to come up

MJ is a consensus GOAT, Kobe might crack the all-time top 10 at the end of his career and already LBJ will pass him up...