Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: the only man to win multiple championships without another NBA HOF team mate

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    You are a moron.

you're just mad cause you assumed i was saying something that i wasn't. thought you'd look real awesome proving someone wrong with your limited knowledge by propping up a widely known fact that there is no actual nba hall of fame. but now that you have nothing to argue with you've resorted to a single sentence name calling response.... sorry man. better luck next time

and btw

nba > euroleague

nba inducted hall of famers > international inducted hall of famers

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: the only man to win multiple championships without another NBA HOF team mate

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    you're just mad cause you assumed i was saying something that i wasn't. thought you'd look real awesome proving someone wrong with your limited knowledge by propping up a widely known fact that there is no actual nba hall of fame. but now that you have nothing to argue with you've resorted to a single sentence name calling response.... sorry man. better luck next time

and btw

nba > euroleague

nba inducted hall of famers > international inducted hall of famers
    But he would get in on his NBA resume alone.

Dumars got in. Gasol is getting in. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    But he would get in on his NBA resume alone.

Dumars got in. Gasol is getting in. End of story.
    Gasols career is similar to Kevin McHales as well

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    I just cringed. Kevin McHale is one the best post scorers the game has ever seen....his career is nothing like Gasols......he is a first ballot pick...Gasol is a fringe international pick.

That was disrespectful...

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz
    I just cringed. Kevin McHale is one the best post scorers the game has ever seen....his career is nothing like Gasols......he is a first ballot pick...Gasol is a fringe international pick.

I said career. And Gasol is an excellent post player in his own right. But compare their accomplishments, theyre very similar

Mchale has more rings 3-2

All-NBA team Gasol has him beat.

Gasol won rookie of the year. Mchale has two sixthman trophies.

Mchale kills as far as All-Defense teams.

Their stats are similar. Mchale is the better scorer and Gasol is the better rebounder and passer.

Gasol did much better leading a team. But granted Mchale only did that the one year Bird was out

How is this an insult to Mchale?

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz

McHale was the better player, but it's not cringe worthy to claim Gasol has had a similar career to McHale.

This is my exact point.

You don't think prime Gasol could have had a similar stretch of great play like McHale did from 85 to 90? Or whatever his prime was...

Put it this way...Pau Gasol is a hell of a lot closer to Kevin McHale...than he is to not being in the Hall of Fame.

Banned

that mchale comment proved who the troll is

Made that high school varsity squad LA Lakers's Avatar

Better question, besides Mike's Bulls and Lebron's Heat, what teams have won a championship or multiple championships without an elite frontcourt? In the last 30 years?

Guys wont automatically double Gasol. Give McHale the ball in the post and watch Kareem and half of Showtime swarm him.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LA Lakers
    Better question, besides Mike's Bulls and Lebron's Heat, what teams have won a championship or multiple championships without an elite frontcourt? In the last 30 years?

never really understood this

rodman is a rebounding/defensive legend/HOF'r

grant was an allstar and great defensive player

pippen could also defend SF's and PF's.. and hes a HOF'r and defensive legend

rodman locked up shaq.. so he could defend any center

pippen was a post up scoring machine

people forget how long pippen was. he could post up anyone..

pippen and rodman combined >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> gasol as far as post up scoring or inside defense goes

bynum didnt play at all for those 2 rings

odom never made an allstar team

I think Pau gets in the HOF. Sure he's never really been a dominant alpha dog like some of the other great PF's. But Pau is still a very good scorer who's a 20-10 guy at his best. And in terms of skill level, Pau is one of the most talented PF's ever. Great post game, one of the top 7-8 most skilled PF's ever down there. He's also one of the most skilled passing PF's ever as well. Those two rings and international stuff will get him in. Even to this day, he's a top five player currently at PF or at C. Whichever spot he plays.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    McHale was the better player, but it's not cringe worthy to claim Gasol has had a similar career to McHale.

This is my exact point.

You don't think prime Gasol could have had a similar stretch of great play like McHale did from 85 to 90? Or whatever his prime was...

Put it this way...Pau Gasol is a hell of a lot closer to Kevin McHale...than he is to not being in the Hall of Fame.
    Agreed! The only PF's I can say FOR SURE are better on the block than Pau are McHale and Duncan. I'm talking in terms of footwork, craftiness with both hands, etc. Other than that, Pau has a case over any PF on the block. But I concur Mchale was better because he was more dominant. And had the ability to defend SF-C.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Lakers
    Guys wont automatically double Gasol. Give McHale the ball in the post and watch Kareem and half of Showtime swarm him.
    I agree. But I think that's because McHale was simply more dominant than Pau. But Pau is still one of the premier low post PF's ever. McHale and Duncan are two guys better than Pau on the block. But after than Pau's name should come up soon for PF's on the block.

Horace Grant was a Chris Bosh type.Could do everything and do it well, even had an elbow shot, but I wouldn't call him and Cunningham elite like McHale, or Kareem, Shaq, Duncan, Hakeem etc etc. Lets not get carried away. Grant was a great 3rd option on a team that had the greatest basketball player of all time, so that makes him pretty damn good, but still wouldn't put him in a league with other forwards or centers mentioned. And Mikes 2nd repeat were with guys like Australian Luc Longley and Bill Wennington, need I say more? Odom was a stud and so was Gasol and Bynum was always healthy enough come playoff time to make a little bit of a difference. Not like the Kobe/Shaq duo but still. And no one ever "locked up" Shaq, not Rodman, not anyone. They may have harassed him, or pestered him, but he never got locked up. And when he started breaking down after Phoenix and Cleveland journeyman/ ring chasing years that was simply age and wear and tear taking its toll.
    Last edited by LA Lakers; 10-16-2013 at 03:16 AM.