Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default ....

Quote Originally Posted by Voratian
    As a Spurs fan I was rooting for the Heat in the Finals, but now I regret it. Hearing Wade & Heat fans gloating about their free-throw triumph is worse than a Mavs title, IMO.
    it comes down to whats worse:

Dirk to Bird comparisons or Wade to Jordan comparisons??? You be the judge

I rule the local playground joewait's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Voratian
    As a Spurs fan I was rooting for the Heat in the Finals, but now I regret it. Hearing Wade & Heat fans gloating about their free-throw triumph is worse than a Mavs title, IMO.
    Hey my boys took your boys out, but it was the greatest NBA series I've ever seen. I wouldn't complain if my boys had lost to the Spurs

Saw a basketball once

Mavs had the best opportunity last year. But choking does not win championships.

Well this year the Mavs wont even reach the finals. They had a good chance of winning and no referees dont make you lose a 7 game series.

There is no dearth of excuses for losers.

Local High School Star mavsfan4zindagi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    as much as i hate dwade's game, the Mavs are just soft. Their leader is soft and it trickles down to their teammates. One thing i noticed about Dirk is that when things start to go bad its always somebody elses fault. Wade getting free throws= refs, Amare killing the MAvs= blame every1 else, Him yelling in JET's face.

MAVS ARE SOFT,

So what exactly does that make your precious Lakes? Couldn't finish off a team that the Mavs finished in 6.

A team that blows a 3-1 lead must be soft too right? No that can't be it. The Mavs are only soft cause they're led by a white guy right? You racist POS.

it comes down to whats worse:

Dirk to Bird comparisons or Wade to Jordan comparisons??? You be the judge
    Dirk's better than Bird, in an absolute sense already, Kobe is better than Jordan

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by joewait
    Dirk's better than Bird, in an absolute sense already, Kobe is better than Jordan

Ok i had enough for the day. That is all the garbage i can take for today.

Quote Originally Posted by Prezwoodz
    uh you can laugh all you want, it doesn't matter. The guys Kobe plays against are considerably better than the ones of the Jordan era and Bird played on stacked teams and missed a lot of shots.

Very good NBA starter

Define in your own words "an absolute sense" please.

Decent college freshman BFRESH44's Avatar

Joewait says some of the dumbest ****...

Banned

Default ...

uh you can laugh all you want, it doesn't matter. The guys Kobe plays against are considerably better than the ones of the Jordan era and Bird played on stacked teams and missed a lot of shots.
    Sorry but Bird doesnt lose like that in the finals. Just doesnt happen. Maybe Bird starts actually steping up and taking charges or something. Also dude would just laugh at HAslem trying guard him. He would either score on him or pick apart the psuedo zone they were throwing with his Amazing passing ability. I more of a MAgic fan than a Bird fan, but give the man his respect. Bird was better than Dirk at everything. But most importantly he was a much BETTER LEADER.

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    Define in your own words "an absolute sense" please.
    in terms of absolute skill. I'm obviously not going to say relatively that Dirk or Kobe is better than Bird and Jordan, considering Bird and Jordan dominated their eras. But if you actually watch film you'd see those guys' competition was much weaker, they were on stacked teams, and they missed a lot of shots. Bird missed a lot of shots. He wouldn't be tall for a small forward now anymore. Kobe can already do everything Jordan did and he has more range.

Sorry but Bird doesnt lose like that in the finals. Just doesnt happen. Maybe Bird starts actually steping up and taking charges or something. Also dude would just laugh at HAslem trying guard him. He would either score on him or pick apart the psuedo zone they were throwing with his Amazing passing ability. I more of a MAgic fan than a Bird fan, but give the man his respect. Bird was better than Dirk at everything. But most importantly he was a much BETTER LEADER.
    Haslem never guarded dirk unless you count 2 help defenders on every touch as constituting 'Haslem'. I remember Dirk dropping 50 on Haslem pretty damn easily in the regular season.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mavsfan4zindagi
    So what exactly does that make your precious Lakes? Couldn't finish off a team that the Mavs finished in 6.

A team that blows a 3-1 lead must be soft too right? No that can't be it. The Mavs are only soft cause they're led by a white guy right? You racist POS.
    I didnt say Dirk was soft because he lost the 2-0 lead. Dirk is soft for a bunch of things, the way he blames every1 else, and throws teammates under the bus in the media. The way he sucks on defense, and has to hide. The way he cant score on HAslem. The way he is 7 foot and wont even post up Steve NAsh. There are a hundred reasons Dirk is soft.

I rule the local playground theinfamousmobb's Avatar

When is Wade going to fire back at Mcgrady for saying he only won the Finals because it was rigged?
    Wade and T-Mac are boys.....

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

If Kobe is better than Jordan and dirk is better than bird...who is your top 5 all time? Kobe, Duncan, Dirk, Shaq, and Magic? Or does magic lose credit for being on even more stacked team than Bird? And missing shots? Bird was a 50% shooter for his career. Not getting much better for a bigtime scorer.