Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Good news for the Perkins haters..

Rookie could end up starting for the Thunder

Adams has been really impressive in the preseason and he has been finishing off passes from Durant and playing some solid defense.

Here's a good read;

http://tvnz.co.nz/basketball-news/st...durant-5650268

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Default Re: Good news for the Perkins haters..

Omg Yes Yes Yes Yes Please Dont Be Dumb Brooks Please Dont Be Dumb

Sunshine State

Perkins not starting for OKC would do wonders for them

Quote Originally Posted by Le Shaqtus
    Perkins not starting for OKC would do wonders for them
    I agree.

This Adams guy is no chump either. His advantages over Perkins are that he can finish the ball with good hands, athletic, can be active on the offensive boards and he's more mobile.

Makes sense to give him the start. Don't punish a rookie for being young. If he's better and provides more impact get him out there.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    I agree.

This Adams guy is no chump either. His advantages over Perkins are that he can finish the ball with good hands, athletic, can be active on the offensive boards and he's more mobile.

Makes sense to give him the start. Don't punish a rookie for being young. If he's better and provides more impact get him out there.
    Another advantage is hes taller than Perk. But what does that say for Perkins that Durant wants a rookie to start over him.

I really feel Perkins cost the Thunder a championship in 2012. His inability to stay with Bosh really hurt them. Hes better suited defending true low post players. If this guy is as athletic as they say and capable of doing damage on the boards, h combined with Collison and Ibaka are gonna be trouble.

I like what I've seen from him.

We've been so inept at the position for so long a guy like Steven ****ing Adams can walk in and resemble God himself.

Dude is a straight up nerd. Guy will fit right in.

He's in over his head if he thinks he's going to own the night life in OKC... he'll get shit on and realize that basketball is the only thing he's got. I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Another advantage is hes taller than Perk. But what does that say for Perkins that Durant wants a rookie to start over him.

I really feel Perkins cost the Thunder a championship in 2012. His inability to stay with Bosh really hurt them. Hes better suited defending true low post players. If this guy is as athletic as they say and capable of doing damage on the boards, h combined with Collison and Ibaka are gonna be trouble.
    Shouldn't that blame be better placed on the coach for not realizing the match up issue or better yet, shouldn't credit be given to the Heat coach for abusing this weakness?

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Adams also has an enormous head. Probably the biggest in the NBA. It impedes the offensive player's vision, gives a more noticeable target on offense, as well as bigger head = bigger brain. Obviously. With that head size, he has the capacity to contain the most basketball IQ in the world.

And that was an article from before OKC's game last night when Adams went for 10 points and 15 rebounds. He needed just 21 minutes to get the double-double, too. He's looked really good so far, but it is the preseason so I'm not getting my hopes up too much quite yet. I'd be shocked if Perkins isn't our opening night starter.

Dunking on everybody in the park Suckafree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    I like what I've seen from him.

We've been so inept at the position for so long a guy like Steven ****ing Adams can walk in and resemble God himself.

Dude is a straight up nerd. Guy will fit right in.

He's in over his head if he thinks he's going to own the night life in OKC... he'll get shit on and realize that basketball is the only thing he's got. I like that.
    What makes you think he's a nerd? The guy is a rough tongan dude that would try and break your neck if you started talking shit. He grew up in a town in NZ that is roughy 1/10th the size of OKC.... Why would he try an own the nightife? lol

Russel Wilson = GOAT Johnny Jones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    And that was an article from before OKC's game last night when Adams went for 10 points and 15 rebounds. He needed just 21 minutes to get the double-double, too. He's looked really good so far, but it is the preseason so I'm not getting my hopes up too much quite yet. I'd be shocked if Perkins isn't our opening night starter.
    I would slow down your expectations. Pelicans have one of the softer frontcourts in the league.

Perkins

I questioned the pick at first, but people questioned the Westbrook and Harden picks too, so I think it's safe to say they know what they're doing in terms of drafting.

Now it's up to Scott Brooks to not be an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    Shouldn't that blame be better placed on the coach for not realizing the match up issue or better yet, shouldn't credit be given to the Heat coach for abusing this weakness?
    Oh absolutely. I've always maintained that Scott Brooks is not a championship coach.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Perkins
    Great post. You make good points