Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mark Cuban says he sees DeAndre Jordan as Shaq

http://www.latimes.com/sports/clippe...703-story.html

We see him as “Shaq-like” but never having been given the opportunity," Cuban told the radio show. "We told him if he came to the Mavs, he would be a focal point. He would grow into being a franchise player."

Default Re: Mark Cuban says he sees DeAndre Jordan as Shaq

Mark Cuban needs a drug test

Maybe by his free throw shooting

I guess this is all Mavs can do now a days. Resort to making very good role players believe they should be a franchise player. Good luck trying to do that with parsons and Jordan as your core.

Magic Johnson

It's not that outrageous of a statement. Jordan is a freak athlete, so in that respect he's Shaq-like. And I think Cuban legitimately believes he's got a game-changing player, because he wasn't kissing Parsons ass like this last summer. He called Parsons a glue guy.

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    It's not that outrageous of a statement. Jordan is a freak athlete, so in that respect he's Shaq-like.
    It is outrageous. We're comparing a center with zero offensive skill to a center with arguably the 2nd greatest peak of all time purely off of athletic similarities. It's like comparing Gerald Green to Lebron or Derozan to Jordan.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    It is outrageous. We're comparing a center with zero offensive skill to a center with arguably the 2nd greatest peak of all time purely off of athletic similarities. It's like comparing Gerald Green to Lebron or Derozan to Jordan.
    Admittedly I skimmed the article but Jordan's Shaq-like in that he's a freak athlete. But you're absolutely right, he's obviously nowhere near the player Shaq was. I would hope Cuban doesn't think he's getting a guy who can drop 30/15 with ease.

Magic Johnson

I'm looking forward to seeing an offense built around Jordan, assuming the Mavs actually do what they promised. Either it will be a train wreck or Jordan will surprise a lot of folks.

Mark Cuban needs a pair of glasses

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    Mark Cuban needs a drug test

Decent college freshman

Wasn't Cubes admittedly drunk during one of his interviews today or something lol?

Dude is a 10ppg player that was a barely 20ppg when being the focal point of offense when Blake was out.

Mark Cuban is just setting the bar high for Jordan, for when he fails, and he will, he will easily accept his role player role. "hey we gave you a chance"

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    Dude is a 10ppg player that was a barely 20ppg when being the focal point of offense when Blake was out.

Mark Cuban is just setting the bar high for Jordan, for when he fails, and he will, he will easily accept his role player role. "hey we gave you a chance"
    Did he really average 20 without Blake? I don't remember that, but if he did... surely that points to some competence offensively?

Obviously with JJ Barea lobbing instead of Chris Paul it'll take a hit, but still

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    It's not that outrageous of a statement. Jordan is a freak athlete, so in that respect he's Shaq-like. And I think Cuban legitimately believes he's got a game-changing player, because he wasn't kissing Parsons ass like this last summer. He called Parsons a glue guy.
    DJ is a 6-9 1/2 270 lb player with very limited offensive skills. Shaq was 7-1 and between 300-370 lbs his entire career, with excellent footwork, and a variety of post moves.

I will say that DJ is the better rebounder, shot-blocker, and probably a marginally better defensive force.

Having said that, Cuban HAD a better center than DJ, when he had Tyson Chandler.