Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
    College star

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan19
    gobbs numbers werent even close to what nash has averaged over the last three years, they are what he is averaging THIS year in a very short sample size which is largely skewed because he just had a career night.
    Thought they were.

And how are they skewed? You act as if Nash has been under-performing this season. He is playing the best basketball of his career right now. Last night was a representation of what he has been doing this season: carrying the Suns to 11 out of 12 wins

Serious playground baller EuJazz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    Yea. I mean...its SOOO damn easy to play how a point is supposed to play. I mean....EVERYBODY is averaging 11 assists per game. And giving passes reminiscent of Magic's days. And scoring over 50% from 3pt and FG. Yea. He's supposed to do that.

We can sit and argue about arguing over who's career was not made better with Nash and all that hoop-la all we want.
    1. 11 assists a game doesn't impress me when I grew up watching one of the two best PG's of all time average 10 each year for 10 years, 8 of which he averaged over 12 apg, 5 over 13 apg, and 2 over 14 apg. One year at 14.5 (NBA Record). In the 14.5 apg season, he also averaged 17 ppg (completely overshadowing Nash's not-even-close-15.5 ppg/11.5apg.) and never was in an MVP race. Obviously, he had the Jordans, etc., in the game, and never would have won one even if considered, but I'm saying the league has forgotten that what Nash is doing is A POINT GUARDS JOB. You're SUPPOSED to average 10 apg, that makes you a damn good PG. Not an MVP, though.

2. http://www.blackvvaves.justgotowned.com/

Thought they were.

And how are they skewed? You act as if Nash has been under-performing this season. He is playing the best basketball of his career right now. Last night was a representation of what he has been doing this season: carrying the Suns to 11 out of 12 wins
    well they are skewed because he just scored 42 which raised his scoring average from below (slightly) 20 to over 21. As for his numbers the last 2 years before this his numbers are basically 16.5 and 11 which isnt even remotely close to what he posted. Nash has NEVER averaged 20 for a season and most likely wont this year.

Da Bulls! Da Bears! DieHardBullsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe24
    He didn't deserve his second one no matter how hard you try to deny it.
    dude are you serious??? Nash deserved MVP last year why?

because he lost all of his scorers on that team...Stodamire was injured for the whole year...they traded Joe Johnson, Traded Q richardson....Kurt Thomas was out the majority of the year...he was like there last hope for any size down low....they were not even picked to make the playoffs and they managed to make it to the WCF....

Now I dont think that he should of won the first MVP at all!

Quote Originally Posted by DieHardBullsFan

because he lost all of his scorers on that team...Stodamire was injured for the whole year...they traded Joe Johnson, Traded Q richardson....Kurt Thomas was out the majority of the year...he was like there last hope for any size down low....they were not even picked to make the playoffs and they managed to make it to the WCF....

so you dont count kurt thomas as part of their roster last year since he missed a signifigant amount of time?

In that case this is the mavs team from last year Dirk, Jet, Diop, Damp. Thats it. EVERYONE else missed at least a similar amount of time to Thomas.

Who cares if they were picked for the playoffs.

People picked the Dolphins to win the AFC East this year, and the Panthers were the 'sexy' Super Bowl pick. And the Tigers and Cardinals were in the World Series, I'm sure nobody picked the Tigers to be there prior to the season.

Knock Knock...
    "Who's there"
    Dirk.
    "Dirk who?"
    Nash didn't deserve sh!t.

so you dont count kurt thomas as part of their roster last year since he missed a signifigant amount of time?

In that case this is the mavs team from last year Dirk, Jet, Diop, Damp. Thats it. EVERYONE else missed at least a similar amount of time to Thomas.
    That must mean it was ALL Dirk. AND they had more wins that Phoenix.

Is Dirk the MVP now?

what are you talking about? if you know how to read it I clearly talk about that and two....last year, (if your talking about last year) Dirk had more talent around him than Nash did last year....so I dont know what your point is??

Quote Originally Posted by EuJazz
    Who cares if they were picked for the playoffs.

People picked the Dolphins to win the AFC East this year, and the Panthers were the 'sexy' Super Bowl pick. And the Tigers and Cardinals were in the World Series, I'm sure nobody picked the Tigers to be there prior to the season.

Knock Knock...
    "Who's there"
    Dirk.
    "Dirk who?"
    Nash didn't deserve sh!t.
    Dirk had a storng year but they also had terry, stackhouse, howard, and daniels they were the deepest team in the NBA, nash took a team that was going to suck without those guys....

Hello????? Nash lost 50ppg from Q, Amare, and Joe Johnson last year and they still got to the WCF.....MVP deserving...If you ask me!

College star

Quote Originally Posted by EuJazz
    1. 11 assists a game doesn't impress me when I grew up watching one of the two best PG's of all time average 10 each year for 10 years, 8 of which he averaged over 12 apg, 5 over 13 apg, and 2 over 14 apg. One year at 14.5 (NBA Record). In the 14.5 apg season, he also averaged 17 ppg (completely overshadowing Nash's not-even-close-15.5 ppg/11.5apg.) and never was in an MVP race. Obviously, he had the Jordans, etc., in the game, and never would have won one even if considered, but I'm saying the league has forgotten that what Nash is doing is A POINT GUARDS JOB. You're SUPPOSED to average 10 apg, that makes you a damn good PG. Not an MVP, though.

2. http://www.blackvvaves.justgotowned.com/
    You're good at repeating yourself. Horrible at answering questions though.

Well He was better last season then 04-05 season so he should have got it. I said Bron Bron but Nash was second
    I'm happy

Yea. I mean...its SOOO damn easy to play how a point is supposed to play. I mean....EVERYBODY is averaging 11 assists per game. And giving passes reminiscent of Magic's days. And scoring over 50% from 3pt and FG. Yea. He's supposed to do that.

Kid. Guy. Whatever the eff you are. You seriously need to start appraoching things with intelligence. Because I'm starting to doubt you even have a brain. Do you bother to read what you post before ou post it?

Anyway. Its never going to change. Some people are going to support Nash and his MVP's. Others will not. That will never change. We can sit and argue about arguing over who's career was not made better with Nash and all that hoop-la all we want. You still have the doubters. Like someone said before, Nash won't be appreciated until he is gone from the game and the NBA represents the days when ball movement and crisp passes and "fun" basketball was a thing of the 80s.
    Oh, I'll answer that.

Answer: Not really.

Sorry about that.

Dirk had a storng year but they also had terry, stackhouse, howard, and daniels they were the deepest team in the NBA, nash took a team that was going to suck without those guys....

Hello????? Nash lost 50ppg from Q, Amare, and Joe Johnson last year and they still got to the WCF.....MVP deserving...If you ask me!
    First off, learn how to write. If you are older than 14 I feel sorry for you. Second, like i said, all of those guys you mentioned other than jet missed the roughly the same amount of time kurt thomas did. Guys you lose to Fa/trade dont count anyway. If so then dirk should have won the mvp the year before because he lost nash. That doesnt matter though because its not about who you dont have its about who you do have and the suns STILL had marion, Bell, Barbosa, Kurt thomas, and diaw.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by WildStyle
    Not saying they should have won it, because I'm not saying Nash should have won it. But guys who have put up similar or better numbers then Nash's 2 MVP years are Kevin Johnson, Tim Hardaway, John Stockton, Rod Strickland, Isiah Thomas, Stephon Marbury, Gary Payton. That's off the top of my head.
    this is why anyone who argues against Nash numbers wise is a bonehead. The point guard on any team can put up numbers if he wants (Mike James???) the question is can that point guard make good players great and average team contenders.

You talk about Marbury in your list, a guy who won 29 less game with the same team Nash had.

STFU

learn a little about the game, and the impact Nash has on everyone on the floor, how he turns five guys into a threat instead of one.
    Last edited by JtotheIzzo; 12-09-2006 at 04:02 AM.

A few points to take into consideration:

- Nash's team had changed a lot (if i recall correctly) and they were missing their key post player for an entire season
    - Tim Duncan and Shaq had less than stellar years
    - LeBron's team wasn't good enough and I don't think people are ready to give it to him yet. Let him earn his stripes so to speak I guess.
    - Kobe's team did not start to flourish until the latter part of the year. Hard to give an MVP for 1/5th of the season.
    - Dirk is the only legit candidate that got snubbed, in my opinion. But even then his team had more depth than the Suns. Maybe not enough to where you can say Nash is far and above the better MVP...

It's not like the league had MJ, Bird and Magic all playing and they gave it to Nash instead. Nash is benefitting from 1) timing and lack of serious competition for MVP considerations 2) a couple awesome seasons.