Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    National High School Star STelfair31's Avatar

Default Why Isn't There As Many Street Ballers in the NBA??

Why isn't there any street ballers from AND1 in the NBA other than Rafer "Skip To My Lou" Alston??? Them guys are crazy but when you watch on a fastbreak none of them hustle back... can any of y'll answer this question....

If it was NBA all-stars vs AND1... I'm takin NBA but i think it would be close....

In a college game length i think the score would be like 120 easy... for both teams

Roy = my new fave.

Default Re: Why Isn't There As Many Street Ballers in the NBA??

There aren't a lot of streetballers in the NBA for many reasons.

One of the reasons is that the streetball world exists in part for those guys who are good, but not good enough for the NBA.

Also, it's a completely different game than the NBA game.

Because of the defensive pressure in the NBA. I have no doubt that And1 ballers will be great ballhandlers in the NBA (Alston) but they also need scoring ability when there's defence being played, and to be able to play heavy minutes if needed.

Banned

Streetball players arent really that good. That level of talent is totally different.... NBA All Stars would beat And 1 by 50.

You can take the backup of every team and put them against the best street ballers and its still a blowout.

NBA players are soo much better than streetballers its crazy.

Bucks fan

Quote Originally Posted by STelfair31
    Why isn't there any street ballers from AND1 in the NBA other than Rafer "Skip To My Lou" Alston??? Them guys are crazy but when you watch on a fastbreak none of them hustle back... can any of y'll answer this question....

If it was NBA all-stars vs AND1... I'm takin NBA but i think it would be close....

In a college game length i think the score would be like 120 easy... for both teams
    I'm reporting this post. We can't tolerate nonsense like this.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Pretty much every NBA player is a former streetball player.

Real streetball is not that And 1 stuff. Real streetball is playing in the Sonny Hill tournament in Philly, the EBC (Rucker) in NYC, the Barry Farms league in DC, the Pro-Am league in Chicago, etc. That is true streetball.

That And 1 stuff is a hip-hop influenced exhibition game constructed in a similar manner of a Harlem Globetrotters game.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    Pretty much every NBA player is a former streetball player.

Real streetball is not that And 1 stuff. Real streetball is playing in the Sonny Hill tournament in Philly, the EBC (Rucker) in NYC, the Barry Farms league in DC, the Pro-Am league in Chicago, etc. That is true streetball.

That And 1 stuff is a hip-hop influenced exhibition game constructed in a similar manner of a Harlem Globetrotters game.
    exactly...take freakin JR SMith...he got dominates the EBC when he plays but he isnt anywhere near that in the NBA. Kobe looked like he was joking around with a bunch 5 year olds when he went.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

The point of my initial post is that pretty much every single NBA player has played REAL streetball at one time or another. But...

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    exactly...take freakin JR SMith...he got dominates the EBC when he plays but he isnt anywhere near that in the NBA. Kobe looked like he was joking around with a bunch 5 year olds when he went.
    On the flip side of that you have a guy like Damon Jones who did not stand out at all other than running his mouth.

When i was younger i thought maybe the streetballers could at least give them a good game...

then i saw Brevin Knight destroy Rucker Park.

Quote Originally Posted by STelfair31

Assuming it's a real game where everyone is really trying, NBA All-Stars vs AND 1 would not be close. The NBA team would destroy them.

Most of the and1 players are ABA/USBL/CBA/D-league level players.

The and1 team lost bunches of games over the past summer or two to random open run teams, made up of random guys who have never met each other before.

the ISH AD posted!!!

The D is alot different in the NBA and AND1 but what about a dunk contest any of y'll see an AND1 winner if you put the best dunkers together in both the NBA and AND1

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    The point of my initial post is that pretty much every single NBA player has played REAL streetball at one time or another. But...

On the flip side of that you have a guy like Damon Jones who did not stand out at all other than running his mouth.
    Damon jones is the exceprion to not dominating a game like Skip is the exception for playing in the NBA....

But for Damon Jones....if all you can do is stand there and shoot then playing in the Rutger(outdoors) with no other skill isnt going to do anything.

Banned

**** streetball.

Damon Jones is money from 3...

In It to Win It

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    Streetball players arent really that good. That level of talent is totally different.... NBA All Stars would beat And 1 by 50.
    Agreed for the most part, but I think many streetballers can play in the Association. It's just in general, NBA players are better. Plus it's a different type of game .