National High School Star

Default How often do fights happen when youre playing ball?

Seems like everytime I go, someones gotta start talking shlt to me after I give em a few buckets or crossovers... LMAO

luckily nobodys swung on me, yet, cuz im always ready.... but i seem some naive dudes get POPPED before and other fights breakout ..

what about yall?

Default Re: How often do fights happen when youre playing ball?

I been in my fair share of scuffle, but no fist fights. Gets broken up before them thangs start getting thrown.

I have however seen my fair share of fights. Seen this one nigha get dumped into a trashcan. I been on the court where to cats guarding each other just start going at it.

NBA Superstar

I cannot recall the last real-deal physical altercation I've witnessed on a basketball court. Heavy verbal arguments are relatively normal - the type that can make one think "Wow, this could lead to a fight", but fights never happen. I guess I'm pretty thankful I've been able to play in spots most of my life where, even when people were most heated, they could keep from trying to knock someone's lights out over basketball.

Actually, there was this one time five years ago where I played at my local court for virtually the entire summer, like clockwork. No issues. Then I randomly missed a day and it turns out someone apparently pulled a gun on another (atypical for my area). I came back the next day and the guy showed up partway through to tell us all it was just a pellet gun.

Other than that, I think I was a part of more physical altercations with my teammates in high school than at any other point since.

Quote Originally Posted by LiLharvard
    Four dudes couldn't break it up but a ladies voice gets them to stop.

Also, that was the weakest swing I've ever seen. Shit looked like it was in slow-mo.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by LiLharvard
    Ha. Wow.

Also, was he playing a full-court game with those earbuds in? Is that possible?

Banned

Ha one of my old leagues I was in, I guess one of my teammates got into it with another player, and swung on the ref when he stepped in, I was pissed I wasn't there to see it

It's all trash talk tho, its a part of the game. When there is a fight, it's usually the dude getting shit on that throws the first punch out of frustration.

Decent playground baller

I see more pushing and trash talk than anything else.