Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    College star

Default Re: Artest somehow stupidly does it again...waiting for 10+ game suspension

Some of you need to return to high school with your pathetically petty perspective and melodramatic stances. Suspension? Really?

Default Re: Artest somehow stupidly does it again...waiting for 10+ game suspension

Are people just trying to be funny? No way that warrants a suspension. I'm not sure it warranted the flagrant.

Decent college freshman

lol at Laker fans making excuses for Artest. Just admit that you guys have the dirtiest team in the league. Howard also had a cheapshot elbow that made Asik bleed.

Quote Originally Posted by Artillery
    lol at Laker fans making excuses for Artest. Just admit that you guys have the dirtiest team in the league. Howard also had a cheapshot elbow that made Asik bleed.

inadvertent right

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Are people just trying to be funny? No way that warrants a suspension. I'm not sure it warranted the flagrant.
    I hope they are trying to be funny.

Grey Dawn pointed out it wasn't a flagrant, only a tech. Looked like they called a flagrant first and reviewed it?

LOL @ anyone who doesn't think that was intentional. Metta knew where Lin was after he purposely fouled him on the break and you can tell he didn't even have to swing his arm back. This guy is a scum and I think a 2-3 game suspension is worth it. Metta is a known when it comes to this kind of sh*t

What?

ISH, a forum where you can discuss haircuts/hairlines, fashion, other males swag and in the case of physical contact feel free to get your knickers in a knot and vent your rage xoxo

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
    LOL @ anyone who doesn't think that was intentional. Metta knew where Lin was after he purposely fouled him on the break and you can tell he didn't even have to swing his arm back. This guy is a scum and I think a 2-3 game suspension is worth it. Metta is a known when it comes to this kind of sh*t
    At my jerkiest, I've absorbed what I felt was a questionable foul and used my "out of control" body to warrant a natural appearing, yet painful retaliation to my opponent. Well, maybe not painful, but for instance, if a defender wrapped me up, at one point there was a good chance I'd try to "accidentally" take that defender to the floor with me. Stuff like that. There were many instances where I did something intentionally on the basketball court but successfully masked it as an accident.

With that in mind, and knowing Artest's history, it's always tough for me to look past any of his incidents and assume they were all purely accidental. When I see him elbow James Harden or slap Jeremey Lin, I can often totally picture his thought process, of "accidentally" sending a message, where the recipient knows what happened, but you hope the accidental appearing nature protects you from punishment.

It's obviously intentional but that's just a dirty play to me, no need for suspension.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
    he got a flagrant for it. I think that was too excessive. If he gets popped for a few games that would really blow. All he really did was slap him really, that warranted a flagrant? A tech maybe, but a flagrant?

Had it been Parsons, Metta doesn't even get called for the flagrant
    Err this dude does not even know its a Tech and he shamelessly post his obvious agenda with the Parsons comparison.

Lin hater's jealousy is so obvious. I mean at least try to be more clever and subtle please.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    It's obviously intentional but that's just a dirty play to me, no need for suspension.
    I think I agree, but I do not feel strongly about it. As I mentioned earlier though, I was expecting something much, much worse when I read the thread title.

Laker fans would defend these players if they were caught on video killing someone. Just admit it was intentional and move on. Doesn't warrant a suspension, but you can't watch that video and conclude Metta didn't know Lin was there.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeh008
    Love tap to the temple = life in prison
    Nope, but a second offense after you already committed a felony (Detroit brawl...worst moment in history for the NBA) could get you major time in jail.