Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

Default Re: Is Dwyane Wade the greatest shot blocking guard in league history?

Tmac could have been a great shot blocking guard if not injured.

Dunking on everybody in the park dannysc305's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    His only 2 good games of the playoffs
    ONLY 2 GOOD GAMES? How ignorant can you be? Do you think before you speak? Do you check the stats before you open your mouth about a 2 time Champ, Finals MVP, Scoring Champ, 8 time All Star, and All Star MVP? He's not even the Heat's go to guy he's the second option and he had:

Vs. NYK Game 2: 25 PTS
    Vs. NYK Game 3: 20 PTS
    Vs. NYK Game 4: 22 PTS

Vs. IND Game 1: 29 PTS
    Vs. IND Game 2: 24 PTS
    Vs. IND Game 4: 30 PTS
    Vs. IND Game 5: 28 PTS
    Vs. IND Game 6: 41 PTS

Vs. BOS Game 1: 22 PTS
    Vs. BOS Game 2: 23 PTS
    Vs. BOS Game 4: 20 PTS
    Vs. BOS Game 5: 27 PTS
    Vs. BOS Game 7: 23 PTS

Vs. OKC Game 2: 24 PTS
    Vs. OKC Game 3: 25 PTS
    Vs. OKC Game 4: 25 PTS
    Vs. OKC Game 5: 20 PTS

I don't know what your out of this world standards are for a "good" game but I listed all his playoff games with 20 or more and this guy is playing next to LeBron freaking James get the **** outta here.

The ignorance on these forums is getting out of hand. No real debate. No objectivity. Stans and trolls aplenty.

I also have this for your viewing pleasure Mr. Heavincent. 11 straight minutes of nonstop OWNAGE you bleeping idiot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPVzvf3nPxQ

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dannysc305
    ONLY 2 GOOD GAMES? How ignorant can you be? Do you think before you speak? Do you check the stats before you open your mouth about a 2 time Champ, Finals MVP, Scoring Champ, 8 time All Star, and All Star MVP? He's not even the Heat's go to guy he's the second option and he had:

Vs. NYK Game 2: 25 PTS
    Vs. NYK Game 3: 20 PTS
    Vs. NYK Game 4: 22 PTS

Vs. IND Game 1: 29 PTS
    Vs. IND Game 2: 24 PTS
    Vs. IND Game 4: 30 PTS
    Vs. IND Game 5: 28 PTS
    Vs. IND Game 6: 41 PTS

Vs. BOS Game 1: 22 PTS
    Vs. BOS Game 2: 23 PTS
    Vs. BOS Game 4: 20 PTS
    Vs. BOS Game 5: 27 PTS
    Vs. BOS Game 7: 23 PTS

Vs. OKC Game 2: 24 PTS
    Vs. OKC Game 3: 25 PTS
    Vs. OKC Game 4: 25 PTS
    Vs. OKC Game 5: 20 PTS

I don't know what your out of this world standards are for a "good" game but I listed all his playoff games with 20 or more and this guy is playing next to LeBron freaking James get the **** outta here.

The ignorance on these forums is getting out of hand. No real debate. No objectivity. Stans and trolls aplenty.

I also have this for your viewing pleasure Mr. Heavincent. 11 straight minutes of nonstop OWNAGE you bleeping idiot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPVzvf3nPxQ
    Good post sir. Keep it real.

Dwayne wade is a ****ing MONSTER for a SECOND option.

I wonder how many times do we have to see Wade protecting the rim before people just call it a day and say that Wade is better than Jordan at blocking shots? Jordan doesn't have the held up there as the perfect basketball player.

Operat.Northwoods=9/11 Horde of Temujin's Avatar

D-Wade gets so many blocks because opposing players allow him to block their shots rather than put referees in the impossible situation of calling a foul on Wade and out of fear of the repercussions of incessant bitching that would invariably arise.

Quote Originally Posted by Hank

some of Wade's blocks last season on Garnett, Boozer, Westbrook, Dwight, Deng, Duncan etc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8PwH2m1uZk

had to watch that again

Decent college freshman Doctor Rivers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Rivers
    Wade has averaged at least one block per game five out of eight seasons he's been in the league. For reference Jordan has hit that minimum only 4 times in his career.

In the 2008-09 season he averaged a staggering 1.3 blocks/game!!

His blocks are the catalyst for many scoring runs the Heat go on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecZ71ZJLOg8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msiy0wgWUz0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnKSGw8aTP0
    enjoyed watching these again

Wade would be Hakeem if he was born to be a 7-footer. He has post up game, fantastic ability to finish around the rim in a wide variety of ways to score, & amazing timing and instincts and courage on the defensive end.

For a small sample, watch Boston Game 5 in 2011 and Wade's blocks and also his presence forcing bad misses by the rim to end that game and series for Boston. He does it often. Wade is so good at it, that part of the game plan is to have Wade roam in the paint at the end of games. No other 6 foot 4 player in history has been called upon to do that so often as Wade

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msiy0wgWUz0

^ and for good reason. I've watched Wade since the beginning, and I don't think there's a guard in history who gets so fired up after a block. What I mean by that is his adrenaline shoots through the roof and he can go on 6/7 shooting runs and take over games right after a block. Lifts him and his team up. This is because defense is in his heart

Decent college freshman Doctor Rivers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Right now Wade is undoubtedly the second best shotblocker at the 2 behind Jordan.

When its all said and done Wade will be higher I believe.
    do you still agree?

Local High School Star 2swift4u's Avatar

don't know if he's the greatest shot blocking guard in history but he sure is a unbelievably good shot blocker for his size.

da best !