Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Default Re: Air Jordan XI Retro Concords spark arrests, fights

Quote Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
    He has millions of dollars. He couldn't give the guy $5 to get something to eat? That's being an a**hole.
    The way I remember the story, is that Charles and Jordan were walking up the street, when the man came up to them and asked for some money. Charles pulled out money first and gave it to the guy (Charles would sometimes pick up the check when him and Jordan would go out to eat as well).

As they were walking away from the guy, Jordan asked Chuck "why did you give that dude money?" Charles responded "because he asked me for it". That's when Jordan said "If he can open his mouth to ask for money, he can open his mouth to say "Welcome to McDonalds can I help you".

Most people know about Jordan's dark sense of humor, and was most likely saying it as a joke. He didn't say it in the guy's face, as it's been implied. Plus, it wasn't like the guy went away empty handed either.

Not defending Jordan, just putting what happened in proper context.

Quote Originally Posted by tomtucker
    +1

GiveItToBurrito
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I'm amazed people went through all of this, and I say that as a huge fan of the shoes. Anyone know why Nike doesn't keep them in circulation year round or something? Those shoes are classics and maybe the most iconic ones he put out and everyone loves them. It's like they just don't like money.